lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Doctor Who spinoff 'Torchwood' starts next year
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2005, 03:21 AM   #1
MJ
Lemonade

LFN Staff Member 
Doctor Who spinoff 'Torchwood' starts next year

Quote:
In a stunning announcement on Monday (including a BBC press release), BBC Television announced a new television series spun off from "Doctor Who" to be aired next year on BBC Three. Torchwood, a thirteen-part drama/sci-fi hybrid, will be executive produced by Russell T Davies and Julie Gardner -- the executive producers of Doctor Who currently -- and will star John Barrowman, who reprises his role as Captain Jack Harkness from the first Doctor Who series earlier this year. Said to have an "organic link" to Doctor Who, Davies says that "Torchwood is a British sci-fi paranoid thriller, a cop show with a sense of humour. It's dark, wild and sexy, it's the X Files meets This Life. It's a stand-alone series for adult audiences which will have its own unique identity. I have just begun working on the scripts with a team of writers and cannot wait to see the results."
I know that many of us are Doctor Who fans (and those of us who aren't, should be) so what do you guys think of this? As much as I love the revival, I think that this might lead to oversaturation of Doctor Who...

Want some funny radio plays?
Nightlight Productions
All Night Long
MJ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > Hosted Forums > Nightlight Productions > Doctor Who spinoff 'Torchwood' starts next year