lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: whats better
ps2[lucas games] 1 14.29%
nintendo 64 1 14.29%
this web site 4 57.14%
snowmobiling 1 14.29%
4-wheeling 1 14.29%
eating 2 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll


Thread: favorite sports
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-30-2005, 05:50 PM   #1
d5c
Banned
 
d5c's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: ny
Posts: 26
favorite sports

123456789
d5c is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2005, 09:50 PM   #2
primalunderdog
Junior Member
 
primalunderdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Delta Halo
Posts: 344
none i like motor cross man! and my job it makes me money


primalunderdog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-01-2005, 10:26 AM   #3
El Sitherino
The Original.
 
El Sitherino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Planet Funkālnite.
Posts: 14,509
Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
When starting a topic, please have content in your original post.


“This body is not me. I am not caught in this body.
I am life without limit.”
El Sitherino is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-02-2005, 02:10 PM   #4
The Doctor
Retired
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,415
Current Game: Skyrim
Forum Veteran 
I like Football myself (not the stupid North American one, the real one). I can't really stand any other sports. Hockey, Baseball, Basketball, and (North American) Football are the worst.

EDIT: Funny, the title is favouriote sports, but the options in the poll include ps2, N64, etc.
The Doctor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-02-2005, 04:45 PM   #5
90SK
Universal Figment
 
90SK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Somewhere...
Posts: 4,382
Current Game: Tetris
I guess we know what his favorite sports are.



I like fencing. It's great fun, though I haven't actually been in any fencing organizations for a few months now. School is being a b*ch.

90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-02-2005, 08:28 PM   #6
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard
 
Commander Obi-Wan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,363
Current Game: BioShock 2
Forum Veteran 
My favourite(s) are: Hockey, Football (North American...NFL, CFL), Baseball.......


Commander Obi-Wan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-02-2005, 08:42 PM   #7
Jeff
Rating: Awesome
 
Jeff's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Posts: 8,431
Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
Futbol Americano, Basketball, Baseball.


Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-02-2005, 11:40 PM   #8
DarthAve
Yeezy
 
DarthAve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbus
Posts: 13,425
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
...Is band a sport?
DarthAve is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-03-2005, 12:19 AM   #9
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard
 
Commander Obi-Wan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,363
Current Game: BioShock 2
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Ave2011
...Is band a sport?
Not in my books......I don't think it is.


Commander Obi-Wan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-03-2005, 01:16 AM   #10
DarthAve
Yeezy
 
DarthAve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbus
Posts: 13,425
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Is choir? If so that's totally my fave. and I raise an argument for band. I gotta carry around a big trombone case, and that develops arm muscles. and the sliding of the...slide made me a better puncher. But if neither choir or band is a sport......I'd pick.....hmmm, I dont know, sports arn't really my cup of tea.
DarthAve is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-03-2005, 01:50 AM   #11
MagnaGuard
Rookie
 
MagnaGuard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: On Utapau
Posts: 143
My favourite sports are: Baseball, Football (Americano style), Hockey, and Snowboarding.
MagnaGuard is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-03-2005, 02:23 AM   #12
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard
 
Commander Obi-Wan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,363
Current Game: BioShock 2
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Ave2011
Is choir? If so that's totally my fave. and I raise an argument for band. I gotta carry around a big trombone case, and that develops arm muscles. and the sliding of the...slide made me a better puncher. But if neither choir or band is a sport......I'd pick.....hmmm, I dont know, sports arn't really my cup of tea.
Again....I won't consider it. But, the definition of "sports" can vary from one person to another. Though the definition says:

sport (spôrt, sprt) n.

1) Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.

2) An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively


Commander Obi-Wan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-03-2005, 12:37 PM   #13
DarthAve
Yeezy
 
DarthAve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbus
Posts: 13,425
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Obi-Wan
1) Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.
Then, BAND IT IS!
DarthAve is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-03-2005, 09:40 PM   #14
The Doctor
Retired
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,415
Current Game: Skyrim
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Ave2011
Is choir? If so that's totally my fave. and I raise an argument for band. I gotta carry around a big trombone case, and that develops arm muscles. and the sliding of the...slide made me a better puncher. But if neither choir or band is a sport......I'd pick.....hmmm, I dont know, sports arn't really my cup of tea.
Do you just play a normal Trombone? Try lugging around a bass Trombone. About twice the wheight.
TROMBONE RULES!
The Doctor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-03-2005, 10:23 PM   #15
DarthAve
Yeezy
 
DarthAve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbus
Posts: 13,425
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Totally. It's not the weight that bothers me. It's the fact that I am carrying the instrument of mass destruction. My walls have dents because of that thing. But, they're still way cooler than the flutes.
DarthAve is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-03-2005, 10:25 PM   #16
The Doctor
Retired
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,415
Current Game: Skyrim
Forum Veteran 
Woodwinds is dumb. BRASS FOREVER!
The Doctor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-03-2005, 10:43 PM   #17
DarthAve
Yeezy
 
DarthAve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbus
Posts: 13,425
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Yes, I feel like I have someone who agrees with me now! FOR ONCE!
DarthAve is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2012, 12:59 AM   #18
boss7654
Lurker
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
Woodwinds is dumb. BRASS FOREVER!
Order of orchestral sections from best to worst

1. Strings (because I play the violin in 2 orchestras)
2. Woodwind (because I play the bagpipes)
3. Percussion (because they're better than brass)
4. brass (because they're brass)
boss7654 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2012, 02:54 AM   #19
Darth Avlectus
Your point?
 
Darth Avlectus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Attack on Titan
Posts: 4,255
Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
lolthreadcromancy

Depends on context of sport.

I've done all kinds of sports in the literal fashion.
present
hiking, backpacking, camping,

past

melee

weight training, cardio

gymnastics briefly

Soccer (amreican "futbol")

wrestling (both olympic and "pro")

various unarmed martial arts

swimming

airsoft and paintball

skiing

want to try:

rock climbing

zip line


"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-22-2012, 09:54 PM   #20
janet88
Lurker
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2
My favourite sports are: Basketball,football
janet88 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2013, 02:31 AM   #21
HED
Rookie
 
HED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 238
I'm not really one to play sports. As a spectator, I enjoy baseball and tennis.


"HOW CAN YU TRET MEH LIKE DAT"
HED is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Community Discussion > General LFNetwork Forums > Community Discussion > favorite sports

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:57 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.