lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Direct Connection
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-29-2005, 01:09 AM   #1
rebdrummer07
Lurker

Direct Connection

In the multiplayer screen there are three options: "Internet", "LAN", and "Direct Connection", as I'm sure you all know. I'm curious, what is Direct Connection? Is it just connecting two computers with a Cat 5 Ethernet cable? If so that'd be great, if not, then what is it? I appreciate your help.
rebdrummer07 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-29-2005, 09:44 PM   #2
zerted
Click Center of Circle: O

I haven't looked at it, but my first guess would be for computers over the internet and/or LAN. I think two computers connected together would be considered a LAN. I assume it asks for an IP address when you select "Direct Connection"? It it does, the computers could be anywhere in the world, on a LAN or the internet. Since you have to know the IP address, this would be used between friends playing. The game would not be seen through the standard server lists, thus only people who know about it could join. But thats just a guess. See what the manual says.

(I may not agree with thoughts posted under this name)
Looking for a mature clan? Checkout www.rdhclan.net
email/PM me for more info
zerted is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront > General Discussion > Direct Connection