lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: What should they make after kotor 3?
A Prequel about the mandalorian wars. 20 32.79%
Kotor IV 23 37.70%
A prequel about the Great Hyperspace Wars 6 9.84%
A prequel about Exar Kuhn 7 11.48%
A city made of money from the kotor series. 5 8.20%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: A prequel to Kotor
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-07-2006, 04:47 PM   #1
XI33
Rookie

Question A prequel to Kotor

A cool idea for AFTER they make kotor 3 would be a prequel about the manalorian wars and the fall of Reven. Maby even one about exar kun or the great hyperspace war what do you think.

Obi-Wan- Anakin, the sith are evil!!!!

Anakin- In my opinion The jedi are evil!!!!

Me- In my opinion you should be having a lightsaber fight not disscussing moral relativism,lol.

Last edited by XI33; 04-09-2006 at 09:34 PM.
XI33 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2006, 04:56 PM   #2
FiEND_138

I'd rather they move on to an entirely new time. Say a thousand years after the events of Knights 3. Something that distances itself from Revans/Exiles/whoever we end up playing in 3's story.

FiEND_138 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2006, 04:59 PM   #3
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiEND_138
I'd rather they move on to an entirely new time. Say a thousand years after the events of Knights 3. Something that distances itself from Revans/Exiles/whoever we end up playing in 3's story.
I agree. If that does happen, the Game shouldn't be too complicated. Eg. Was Revan Male/Female, Light/Dark etc. It could be like Jedi Academy, where you do missions for the Jedi and eventually a Sith Lord rises.
Diego Varen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2006, 08:04 PM   #4
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Mandalorian wars would be cool.

I'll just be happy if they make a Kotor 3, much less a 4.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2006, 11:19 PM   #5
Hallucination
Baron von Sexy

Current Game: HKO closed beta
A prequel about the Mandalorian Wars would be fun, but I think that any prequels shouldn't be too close story-wise to the KOTOR games.

Let's kill ourselves.
Hallucination is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2006, 11:28 PM   #6
†Saint_Killa†

Make an original trilogy first and then make prequels just like the movies but the great hyperspace war, I can read them on wookiepedia anyway.

"You cannot kill which you did not create."

-Duality
†Saint_Killa† is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2006, 01:22 AM   #7
Master Dakari
Rookie

Quote:
What should they make after kotor 3?
Ooooo, what about a comic prequel for KotOR...oh, wait...

Go here.

But as far as the games go, I would rather them finish up with the current series before jumping off into another tangent. I wouldn't mind have a game based on the same style of gameplay and system, but maybe before or during the New Sith Wars (Ruusan).

Master Dakari is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2006, 11:32 AM   #8
XI33
Rookie

yes it would be pretty cool if they kept making kotor games up untill they got to the epI era, but the madalorian wars were a main part of the game and need to be explained more indepth.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:28 AM   #9
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
A prequel to the Mandalorian Wars would most likely have less lightsaber duels.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2006, 05:33 AM   #10
Non-false Jedi
Rookie

WE already know the story about Exar Kun, the Great Hyperspace War, and the Mandalorian Wars, so i voted "Kotor IV"...i think the best idea would be to have it be 2000 years later.
Non-false Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2006, 09:42 AM   #11
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I rather not. I'd rather a different era or a continuation of the current era.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2006, 05:38 PM   #12
XI33
Rookie

Cool Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non-false Jedi
WE already know the story about Exar Kun, the Great Hyperspace War, and the Mandalorian Wars, so i voted "Kotor IV"...i think the best idea would be to have it be 2000 years later.
Yes we know the story but we havn't experienced it yet. The thing that makes it worthwhile is the fact that you would be a new character and you would be faced with the same dississions that reven and exile had to make.

Obi Wan- Anakin, the sith are evil!!!

Ankain- In my opinion the jedi are evil!!!

XI33- In my opinion you should be having a lightsaber fight not disscussing moral relativism.

EpI,II and III
EpIV,V and VI

Last edited by XI33; 04-10-2006 at 05:51 PM.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:12 PM   #13
goattail
Lurker

Id like to see the very beginning. The group of rich kids that first uncoverd and were corrupted by the force and the dark side. They were mentioned in one the Dark Empire comics. May not be the best for an rpg game tought, something going back further then anything we have seen so far or else go forward to the NJO era, just avoid all the movie prequel nonsense.

Edit: And for Gods sake leave out Tatooine and Dantooine, just because somethings in the films doesnt mean they should be in every bloody game, most planets in the movies have always been insignificants dumps, there are plenty of more important worlds in the SW universe to give us or make up some new ones. Kotor is 4000 years before Luke and Leia so there is no need to be so heavy on the tie-ins.
goattail is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2006, 08:17 PM   #14
XI33
Rookie

So far the most popular ideas here are madolorian wars and kotor IV.

XI33- In my opinion you should be having a lightsaber fight not disscussing moral relativism.

EpI,II and III
EpIV,V and VI
Old 04-10-2006, 08:22 PM   #15
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
I said a city made of money. It's the only logical choice for LucasArts and OE.

"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2006, 08:52 PM   #16
Soogz
Forumite

Current Game: Fifa 09
Probably should move on to a period after Kotor 3. I would love to see references to the Kotor series if they do this however.

Soogz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2006, 10:33 PM   #17
JokotoFett
Rookie

I too would like to see more of the Mandalorian Wars and the Hyperspace Wars.

JokotFett, One bad Mandalorian
JokotoFett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-11-2006, 12:00 AM   #18
Darth Greg
Lurker

A game about the Great Hyperspace War would be awesome, as we know next to nothing about them, except that they happened about 1000 years before KOTOR and invloved massive battles between Jedi and the Sith. A game about Revan's campaign against the Mandalorians would kick @zz too tho.

You've got a lot of guts...let's see what they look like!
Darth Greg is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-11-2006, 07:46 AM   #19
Non-false Jedi
Rookie

But we already know the course of those wars! There would be no way to decide to the fate of the galaxy by choosing your path. I still don't understand the point of fighting in an era where we already know the outcome exactly. We've already made relevant choices in the first 2 games.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:34 AM   #20
XI33
Rookie

Dude, we already knew the course of KOTOR going in too. It basically boils down to this, at some point the Sith were going to be defeated and forced into hiding untill the time of Episode 1. We already knew that the Jedi win in the end. It'd be the same with a game about the Great Hyperspace War. We know that the Jedi win, but we don't know the specifics. Who won which battle, where they fought, how they fought, what fighting styles they used, who the heroes and villians of the war were, ecta, ecta. There is just sooo much potential in the Great Hyperspace War era that it isn't even funny. And as an added bonus, we'd get to meet and duel with the dark lords from the tombs on Korriban, and possibly even use the ancient lightsaber forms hinted at by Kreia in TSL.

EpI,II and III
EpIV,V and VI

Last edited by XI33; 04-11-2006 at 11:44 AM. Reason: gramatical error
Old 04-11-2006, 08:02 PM   #21
Darth Greg
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by goattail
Id like to see the very beginning. The group of rich kids that first uncoverd and were corrupted by the force and the dark side. They were mentioned in one the Dark Empire comics. May not be the best for an rpg game tought, something going back further then anything we have seen so far or else go forward to the NJO era, just avoid all the movie prequel nonsense.

Edit: And for Gods sake leave out Tatooine and Dantooine, just because somethings in the films doesnt mean they should be in every bloody game, most planets in the movies have always been insignificants dumps, there are plenty of more important worlds in the SW universe to give us or make up some new ones. Kotor is 4000 years before Luke and Leia so there is no need to be so heavy on the tie-ins.
Omg! Now that would be a game I'd definately pay to play! lol. I'd personally like to see a game about the formation of the Republic and the Jedi order.

You've got a lot of guts...let's see what they look like!
Darth Greg is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2006, 04:46 PM   #22
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: Trine Enchanted Edition (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
They should definitely make KoTOR 4. A game about the Mandalorian Wars would be interesting to see, but I don't think that story could be implemented into the KoTOR gameplay, it could probably be made as an action adventure, or TPS, but hardly as a RPG.

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-13-2006, 12:39 AM   #23
GrayJedi
Rookie

I think the RPG's should stop after KOTOR 3. For a fourth game it should be in a Battlefront 2 style with space battles/land battles that cover the beginning of the Mandalorian Wars (before the Jedi entered) all the way to the end of the Jedi Civil War (or even more). You play as a special operations republic squad (like the 501st) that serves as a personal fighting force to Revan, and recalling his battles and miltary genius from a young jedi to his becoming the Sith Lord and it could lead up to the beginning of the Malak betrayal. So the squad transforms into an Imperial Sith special forces unit. And like BF 2 you play with select Jedi heroes like Revan, Malak, Exile, Arren Kae, Yusanis and plenty others.

Cross References:
1) 501st speaking about the "silence" before attacking the Jedi Temple and the Sith Unit before the first invasion of the Jedi Civil War.

2) 501st greatest failure was the Death Star (1). Sith Unit failure was when Revan was lost and presumed dead to their defeat at the battle of Rakata Prime

"Hey kid, that was a good thing you did there, almost brought a tear to this old man's eye"
-Jolee Bindo
GrayJedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-13-2006, 07:07 AM   #24
Non-false Jedi
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by XI33
Dude, we already knew the course of KOTOR going in too. It basically boils down to this, at some point the Sith were going to be defeated and forced into hiding untill the time of Episode 1. We already knew that the Jedi win in the end. It'd be the same with a game about the Great Hyperspace War. We know that the Jedi win, but we don't know the specifics. Who won which battle, where they fought, how they fought, what fighting styles they used, who the heroes and villians of the war were, ecta, ecta. There is just sooo much potential in the Great Hyperspace War era that it isn't even funny. And as an added bonus, we'd get to meet and duel with the dark lords from the tombs on Korriban, and possibly even use the ancient lightsaber forms hinted at by Kreia in TSL.
The Jedi Civil War era was not covered and ergo totally unknown until Kotor. The Great Hyperspace war has comics about it.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:39 AM   #25
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
What would a game about the Mandalorian Wars add to the legacy?
I'm not saying it won't be cool (Basilisk War droids!!), but we already know the story. Malachor 5, Shadow Generator, etc, etc.

I just realised something regarding thios subject...the time-span of the episode 1-3 movies are also 'Old Republic.'

I'd personally like to see a game involving that timespan. Fighting in the clone wars, surviving the order 66 (Or causing it ), hide from Vader and the sith...i think it would be cool ^^

Quote:
Would be cool to. There would still be a link to the old games, but 'we' could start of with something completely different.

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-13-2006, 11:20 AM   #26
Beast-Thrasher
Rookie

I think if they did make a prequel that the ideas at the top except the last one would be cool, but I would like to see the mandalorian wars in more detail, like some of the Jedi council could see the real struggle going on so secretly sent some knights on missions then when Revan goes Dark they return to Coruscant to warn the other and fight in the Jedi Civil war and then when TSL rolls around they were one of the Jedi to turn off the lights. It would be great to have Lonna Vash in some missions and other Jedi that are mentioned
Beast-Thrasher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-13-2006, 01:57 PM   #27
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: Trine Enchanted Edition (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztalker
I just realised something regarding thios subject...the time-span of the episode 1-3 movies are also 'Old Republic.'
Well, duh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztalker
I'd personally like to see a game involving that timespan. Fighting in the clone wars, surviving the order 66 (Or causing it ), hide from Vader and the sith...i think it would be cool ^^
That would definitely NOT be cool. Why? Because it would be a cheap conversion of the movie story into a game. There are games with the Clone Wars story and KoTOR should most definitely NOT become one of them! The trademark of KoTOR is originality and it should be kept that way.

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-13-2006, 03:01 PM   #28
Henz

Maybe something really really ancient. Im no Star Wars historian, but wasn't there a time when sith was a species? I'd like to see that.
Henz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-13-2006, 07:57 PM   #29
Non-false Jedi
Rookie

Yes there was, but they had no political hold over the galaxy or anything. They were confined to a few worlds, in fact I think only one. Either Korriban or Ziost.

I suppose you could do "Ancient Wars of Korriban" or somesuch, but that would seem very un starwars like.

A game about pre-republic history would ineed be very interesting, but it really wouldn't fit into a series call "Knights of the Old Republic". Even if it would be fascinating to see the star wars universe way back.
Old 04-14-2006, 05:10 AM   #30
T3-M4
Rookie

I think The Great Hyperspace war would be good. They hardly tell you anything about it.
T3-M4 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2006, 10:32 AM   #31
Non-false Jedi
Rookie

Do any of you guys have the comic? Is it so vauge about the war that it leave the course open? Because i'm fairly certain there is a lot known about it.
Old 04-15-2006, 02:21 PM   #32
Henz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non-false Jedi
Yes there was, but they had no political hold over the galaxy or anything. They were confined to a few worlds, in fact I think only one. Either Korriban or Ziost.

I suppose you could do "Ancient Wars of Korriban" or somesuch, but that would seem very un starwars like.

A game about pre-republic history would ineed be very interesting, but it really wouldn't fit into a series call "Knights of the Old Republic". Even if it would be fascinating to see the star wars universe way back.
Good points. Maybe not as far back as the Sith species; but a game set at the formation of the Jedi. The alternate endings of the game this time would be whether you create the Jedi order, or the Sith one. The villains would be whatever overlords were in power at the time, and you overthrow them, creating the republic after, or a sith empire. Would destroy a lot of expanded universe back story tho I'd bet...

Henz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-15-2006, 05:38 PM   #33
Teal'c
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3-M4
I think The Great Hyperspace war would be good. They hardly tell you anything about it.
Yeah, I'd like to know something more bout that. However the Mandalorian Wars thingy would be good too

Teal'c is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-15-2006, 08:13 PM   #34
Non-false Jedi
Rookie

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...414214-5702221

-

Great Hyperspace War.

To be fair I don't know exacctly how detailed it is, but the War is covered directly i believe.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > A prequel to Kotor