lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: DS/LS alignment.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-03-2006, 06:28 AM   #1
helljumper51
Rookie

DS/LS alignment.

i think that force alignment should be more advanced than just turning ur skin grey. i think in kotor 3, if u start to go to the darkside, then there will be less and less ways to get get ls points. but becuase the darkside is always calling u, there are more and more when u go to the higher LS, becuase of the incresing temptation. but also, ur friends can't turn u back to the LS becuase they follow ur alignment. and thier DS thouhts will increase till they r dominated in the head by evil thoughts!Muah Ha Ha Ha Ha. Muah Ha Hee Hee.

I am a Sergeant in the Day of Defeat: Source Realism Unit The 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment. I server with the best and only the best. The airborne is for me. The 506th Made me the soldier i am today. Curahee!!!!! I am also a Republic Commando......But that is another tale.......
helljumper51 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-03-2006, 03:59 PM   #2
Busby06
Rookie

I did like the idea of your face changing as you fall to the dark side. It was a kind of nice touch.

But i do believe that it i too easy to switch from one side to the next.

I mean you brutally kill a peron to get some DS points, then you suddenly do a good deed and poof that evil act i suddenly gone.

Imo if u do something evil... instead of people asking you for help, as they would LS. They would fear you and beg for mercy, or favours. Hell the missions could be even more blood thirsty. And to regain LS points will require considerable skill in Charisma and Persuation, to choose the LSed option in that convo.
Busby06 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-03-2006, 04:02 PM   #3
The Doctor
Retired

Current Game: Skyrim
Forum Veteran 
TSL tried to make it harder for you to go back by changing dialogue options depending on your allignment, but it didn't work out that well. That system flushed out more would be great.
The Doctor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-03-2006, 09:14 PM   #4
Angelos Kumani
Rookie

I geuss that it was ok to see some indication of falling to the dark side (but that wasn't exactly any different from KOTOR 1)...but I almost felt that there was no point to it...other than your companions, nobody noticed - and when your companions noticed, it was like, "Hey guy/gal, you're falling to the dark side big time try to be a good person". I was always frustrated by this aspect of the game - if start to influence you to be a bad @**, be a bad @** don't come back with this wimpy turn back to light crap. That's why I hope that the influence system isnit used the same way again...Things that I would like to see happen concerning alignment include:

1. More influence over which characters would join you group - if you're LS no DS NPC's (unless it's plot driven) and vice verse.
2. If your alignment changes, NPC's leave if they are opposite aligned.
3. I would like to see the nature of the force power levels up change - I think that they should create a larger pool of universal powers that you choose from, and then award LS/DS force powers based on level, usage of powers, etc. (eg 10th level sith recieves force lightning > if used 50+ times @ level 15 granted force storm w/o losing force lightning...
4. Dialogue options that are more diverse for darkside...I loved the option on Nar Shaadaa when you can tell the thugs to give credits and jump in pit - just not enough of this type of thinking
5. Also more freedom in gameplay - I mean if I am playing a dark jedi and someone steps on my shoes, I want the option to be able to out my lightsaber and decapitate that poor fellow.
6. Two completely different game paths for LS/DS - does it really make sense that LS/DS would not only travel on the same road, but make all the same pit stops? I think not.
Angelos Kumani is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-03-2006, 09:17 PM   #5
Alkonium

Current Game: Guild Wars 2
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
What I'd like to see is that your character's appearance changes if you follow the light side as well as the dark side. Where if you went evil, you look more and more evil, if you went good, you look more and more good. Plus, your alignment should be affected by force power usage.

Alkonium is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-03-2006, 10:07 PM   #6
helljumper51
Rookie

it does to some extent. like ur face cracks and turns gray. but that is stupid. i think for each portrait there should be a different DS look. not the same. but i like the idea of the whole, if u make me upset i will kill u thing. but i would also like to see a more diverse plot. like in KOTOR 1, on the leviatan, saul says that malak will come soon and u can surrender and meet him. i think u should be able to surrender and then join him as an apprentice, or kill him unexpectaly. that would make it so u can play the game many times but be able to do different things and go to different places. what do u think of that?

I am a Sergeant in the Day of Defeat: Source Realism Unit The 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment. I server with the best and only the best. The airborne is for me. The 506th Made me the soldier i am today. Curahee!!!!! I am also a Republic Commando......But that is another tale.......
Old 04-03-2006, 10:17 PM   #7
Alkonium

Current Game: Guild Wars 2
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
I know about that, I meant changing when you go lightside as well as darkside

Alkonium is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-03-2006, 10:19 PM   #8
Darth Windu
TSLRP Beta Tester

Um...but if you killed Malak on the Leviathon then that would have cut out a big portion of the game, so no.

Dark Lord of the Purists

Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
Darth Windu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-04-2006, 06:50 AM   #9
TSR
Hoist the colours!

Current Game: Rift
Forum Veteran LF Jester Helpful! 
oooh. if you get loads of LS points, you can levitate. ooooh. screw money and revenge etc, im going LS all the way if you can do that.
TSR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-04-2006, 08:46 AM   #10
†Saint_Killa†

LS = angel wings and a halo
DS = red skin, demon wings, sharp tail and a fork and tempt people to gain DS points

"You cannot kill which you did not create."

-Duality
†Saint_Killa† is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-04-2006, 06:39 PM   #11
helljumper51
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Windu
Um...but if you killed Malak on the Leviathon then that would have cut out a big portion of the game, so no.
i see what u mean. but porbably 75% of the game is to destroy the star forge. so, u can have his apprentice(or any strong dark jedi) to take over the forge and that can be the offset to that.

Old 04-04-2006, 11:45 PM   #12
SITHSLAYER133

*cough Fable cough*

People in life Should Be given A single Choice where do they want to be Shot!
SITHSLAYER133 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-05-2006, 12:51 PM   #13
TSR
Hoist the colours!

Current Game: Rift
Forum Veteran LF Jester Helpful! 
LOL. was thinking the same thing, sithslayer. still, alignment games are in atm, so, enjoy while you can.

British By Birth. English By The Grace Of God

Dulce et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori
Let Mercy Come
TSR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2006, 02:43 PM   #14
bobogarcia
Rookie

Id like a little different game paths for LS/DS, but then it would be hard to switch

I find your lack of faith disturbing
I did it all for the Wookie
=

bobogarcia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2006, 03:45 PM   #15
Samnmax221
I never Kipled

Current Game: Sex with women
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Redemption can still happen far down the path but going back to the light side is tough
Samnmax221 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-23-2006, 12:42 AM   #16
tbl1
Rookie

the most important thing to fix was if you turned a npc ds they would still get upset if you killed for no reason. i.e. handmaiden
tbl1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > DS/LS alignment.