lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: The Syberia Series
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-07-2006, 12:46 PM   #1
Tall Guy
Est. 1985

The Syberia Series

Yeeess I'm sure I've spammed these parts with tales of Syberia a few years ago when the first game came out but have any of you played the sequel?

There certainly is a lack of the more commericial adventure games these days, most are produced in smelly back alleys and don't get much coverage. The Syberia series however has had some much deserved publicity, mainly sue to it's eternal greatness. If you haven't already, hopefully you'll check the games out. They're fine adventure products, and quite possibly the best since GF...

The site appears to be down at the moment but trust in Goooogle http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...L:en&q=syberia

Tall Guy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2006, 02:01 AM   #2
Shuz

I played the first one. It was alright, didn't blow me away though. The story was great and the atmosphere and settings were excellent, it just needed some more interactivity and way to run faster or skip screens.

Is the second one much the same?
Shuz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2006, 05:08 PM   #3
Tall Guy
Est. 1985

Personally I think the first one is the better one but the second is still worth a shot. The visuals can get a bit repetative ie snow snow snow... gets good further in though, it looks amazing

Old 04-10-2006, 11:14 AM   #4
Philocleon

I played both of them. Both are fine games. I tend to regard the second one as a continuation of the first. If you consider the two as one game then it really is a great game.

Simia: Do you know anyone who lives in this alley?...I'm talking to you.
Ballio:I know one...myself.
Simia:You're lucky. As men go, not one in ten can say he knows himself.

----Pseudolus, by Plautus
Philocleon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2006, 02:08 PM   #5
Tall Guy
Est. 1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philocleon
I played both of them. Both are fine games. I tend to regard the second one as a continuation of the first. If you consider the two as one game then it really is a great game.
Yeah that's a good point, and one I forgot to mention. You can't really play the second unless you've played the first - you just won't get the story! I guess you have to look upon them as one big game. One big great game!

Old 06-04-2006, 12:58 PM   #6
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky

Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
I liked the first one and plan on getting the second soon (especially with a 10 dollar price tag). But to say that it is the best since GF is wrong in my opinion. I'd have to say that the game "The Moment of Silence" out does Syberia.

If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > General Forums > The Calavera Café > The Syberia Series