lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Help getting online
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-30-2005, 08:00 PM   #1
Artemis Entreri
Lurker

Help getting online

Hello everyone. I need some help with this whole online thing. I have all my connections correct and I can get online. In fact, I get as far as seeing all the games I can load. After some figuring I'm guessing that I can't join PC dedicated games but I can join PS2 dedicated ones and non dedicated ones. So I go to join one of those and it goes by the normal loading screen. Then it gives me a background of the chosen planet and it says "Waiting for Players". Then after a short period of time (about a minute or less) I get a big blue message saying "Connection to Host lost". Am I doing anything wrong? Whenever I go to look for a game pretty much everything says any as well. Can someone please help me out? My great thanks in advance. I'm playing this on the Playstation Two by the way.
Artemis Entreri is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-02-2005, 09:42 PM   #2
Artemis Entreri
Lurker

Can anyone help me out and tell me what is wrong?
Artemis Entreri is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-03-2005, 03:47 PM   #3
Earthwalker
Rookie

HI, I have this problem too. It happens less when I join games with a low ping. Sometimes when I am in a game it freezes on the "defeat" or "victory" screen, then I have to reset my console, and get connection to host lost when I try to join games again.

Found this thread while searching for an answer while trying to connect. Haven't found any news anywhere about these problems, seems no-one wants to talk about it
Earthwalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2006, 03:35 PM   #4
{JMS}*Darklight
Rookie

Question

That happened to me once, but i dont know why. Mabye its some kind of virus or something. (Now my computer is working ok)
{JMS}*Darklight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-20-2006, 09:15 AM   #5
Jaffa_Cake
Rookie

PC deidcated means that the server is being hosted through a PC, you can play on them fine. Non dedicated means a player is hosting the match, these matches can have serious lag so avoid them. The 'connection to host lost' happens to me sometimes but if your not on a PC dedicated match then maybe that's the problem
Jaffa_Cake is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2006, 01:49 AM   #6
jvanlente
Lurker

I have that problem. Someone in another forum said that stopped happening to them when they disabled their sound. Then, I remembered that when this happens to me, although I never disabled my sound, there is no sound during the part where it zooms in from the galaxy to the planet and to the landscape. I'm probably not going to try disabling my sound because I don't want to bother playing online without sound, but I thought I'd mention it here.
jvanlente is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront > Technical Help > Help getting online