lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Can I add a timer to a trigger?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-29-2006, 05:36 PM   #1
Gronda

Can I add a timer to a trigger?

Hi, I'm relatively new to level editing and so this may be a simple thing but I haven't been able to find a way of doing it.

I have a set of forcefields linked to a trigger and to a func_static. When I hit the trigger or use force-push one forcefield turns off and the others turn on. So far so good as this is what I want to happen.

However, what I want as a next step is that after x seconds have passed, the whole thing switches back to its initial state.

I managed this with the trigger by simply creating a second identical trigger and adding a delay of 5. But this only works when the trigger is hit by the player in-game, not with the force-push.

Is there a solution to this?

Thanks.
Gronda is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-31-2006, 10:55 PM   #2
CalcProgrammer1
Rookie

I have never done any timed stuff, but there is an entity called target_delay, which waits for a set amount of time before triggering its targets, say your forcefields had a targetname of "forcefield", and your trigger had a target of "forcefield", then if you had a target_delay, with a targetname of "forcefield" it would trigger itself every 5 seconds, and your forcefields would then switch every 5 seconds. I really don't know how to fire multiple targets from one target key, but if there is a way then this is possible cause your trigger could fire both "forcefield" and "forcefield_delay", and then the target_delay called "forcefield_delay" with a "wait" of 5 could then target the original "forcefield" and therefore switching the forcefields back to their original state.
CalcProgrammer1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JA Mapping > Can I add a timer to a trigger?