lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Should we genocide the Jews?
Yes 2 12.50%
No 12 75.00%
Just give Israel to Palestine and let them fend for themselves 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll


Thread: Should the Jews be wiped out?
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-31-2006, 04:30 PM   #41
Good Sir Knight
Junior Member
 
Good Sir Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: US
Posts: 285
Lock this thread, if it was regarding any other race of people it would have been locked and the poster would have been banned.

But of course if it's regarding Jews it's okay for some reason.
Good Sir Knight is offline   you may:
Old 07-31-2006, 05:07 PM   #42
Dagobahn Eagle
First Strike Tester
 
Dagobahn Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 3,513
Current Game: First Strike
I found it interesting as it proved that the community is not anti-Semittic enough to want the Jews exterminated, and that it takes a lot to get people mad here.

With those two things out of the way, though. the thread can be safely locked.

Dagobahn Eagle is offline   you may:
Old 07-31-2006, 05:18 PM   #43
Good Sir Knight
Junior Member
 
Good Sir Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: US
Posts: 285
You find it interesting?

I expect that people aren't bigoted and intolerant... it's the only reason why I came back to this forum....to illustrate my revulsion at this thread.

That said, I can't say that I'm surprised this topic came up in this forum.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Allen``
Only as dumb as the people who post in it. Already somebody has put their money where their mouth is and support the 'Final Solution' for the Jews, and while I disagree with it I cannot blame them.

Flames/ad hominem remarks deleted. This is a public warning. -SkinWalker

Last edited by SkinWalker; 07-31-2006 at 11:45 PM.
Good Sir Knight is offline   you may:
Old 07-31-2006, 05:37 PM   #44
Dagobahn Eagle
First Strike Tester
 
Dagobahn Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 3,513
Current Game: First Strike
Quote:
Yes you heard me, Flame/ad hominem remark deleted.
Then you'll love this guy.


Last edited by SkinWalker; 07-31-2006 at 11:46 PM.
Dagobahn Eagle is offline   you may:
Old 07-31-2006, 05:52 PM   #45
Hellfire Jedi
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
 
Hellfire Jedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: The Modeling Forum!
Posts: 1,112
also, in all the years i've been viewing this board... this is the worst thread i've seen. nancy, you are posting on a starwars game forum, and you are seeing who else shares the same views as you... deleted.

also, lebanon had been hitting israel with rockets, so israel gave them the same treatment. don't think jews need to be eradicated because they wanna stop getting hit with rockets, deleted.


I would like to beta test YOUR models
I love graves. You should love him too.
Thanks SupremePain for the avatar.
Mike-

Last edited by SkinWalker; 08-01-2006 at 12:24 AM.
Hellfire Jedi is offline   you may:
Old 07-31-2006, 05:58 PM   #46
Good Sir Knight
Junior Member
 
Good Sir Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: US
Posts: 285
I can't help but notice the nonchalant tone you've been taking Mr. Eagle.

Would you take the same tone if someone advocated the extermination of Palestinians?

I doubt it and it's very telling.
Good Sir Knight is offline   you may:
Old 07-31-2006, 06:05 PM   #47
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png
 
Det. Bart Lasiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: `(•.°)~
Posts: 7,997
Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Sir Knight
I can't help but notice the nonchalant tone you've been taking Mr. Eagle.

Would you take the same tone if someone advocated the extermination of Palestinians?

I doubt it and it's very telling.
Chill out man. It's a thread on an online forum.



"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may:
Old 07-31-2006, 06:21 PM   #48
Dagobahn Eagle
First Strike Tester
 
Dagobahn Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 3,513
Current Game: First Strike
Quote:
also, lebanon had been hitting israel with rockets, so israel gave them the same treatment. don't think jews need to be eradicated because they wanna stop getting hit with rockets.
I advise you take that here. Not only because it's more relevant to that discussion, but also because I have a feeling SkinWalker is going to halt this thread the next time he logs on.

Quote:
I can't help but notice the nonchalant tone you've been taking Mr. Eagle.

Would you take the same tone if someone advocated the extermination of Palestinians?

I doubt it and it's very telling.
I was upset when I first saw this thread, and I'm not really sure what to make of the comment about "putting your words where the mouth is and voting 'yes" or whatever it was, but this thread isn't "advocating the extermination of" the Jews. It's asking if there's anyone here who does.

I'd admittedly be far more upset if someone posted a thread titled "should the Palestinians/gays/Norwegians/Samī/Africans be wiped out", but I think it's due to habitualization more than "pro-Palestinianism". I've seen and heard so much anti-Semittism in my life that it doesn't get to me as much any more. It's more like "oh darn, not again".

Then again, if it was another forum and not this one I'd be more upset. But I knew the people here are good, and that there wouldn't be anyone posting in favour of exterminating Jews. There were two people voting "yes", but I think they were trolling more than serious. Polls are never 100% to one side, no matter what the subject - I could start a poll on whether or not the Earth is flat and someone's going to vote "yes".

Quote:
Chill out man. It's a thread on an online forum.
It's still a political discussion. It doesn't make it less serious that it's written rather than spoken.

Dagobahn Eagle is offline   you may:
Old 07-31-2006, 06:35 PM   #49
Good Sir Knight
Junior Member
 
Good Sir Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: US
Posts: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagobahn Eagle
I'd admittedly be far more upset if someone posted a thread titled "should the Palestinians/gays/Norwegians/Samī/Africans be wiped out", but I think it's due to habitualization more than "pro-Palestinianism". I've seen and heard so much anti-Semittism in my life that it doesn't get to me as much any more. It's more like "oh darn, not again".
Thank you for being honest. Just because you have heard more racism towards Jews doesn't mean it magically becomes PC.

I'm sure you would sympathize with moderate southern Whites who sympathized with segregated blacks but did nothing about it because it wasn't popular.

In order to become truly tolerant one must renounce intolerance and racism in every form.

Your piece above clearly illustrates where tolerance ends and racism begins.
Good Sir Knight is offline   you may:
Old 07-31-2006, 07:02 PM   #50
Hellfire Jedi
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
 
Hellfire Jedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: The Modeling Forum!
Posts: 1,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagobahn Eagle
I advise you take that here.
read his post, not only did he voice his anti-semetic opinion, he thinks the jews deserve it because of their 'pointless' attacks on lebanon. thats why i said it.
and sorry if my posts seemed offensive, but how would you like it if someone went ahead and said "hey, because your jewish you need to die."


I would like to beta test YOUR models
I love graves. You should love him too.
Thanks SupremePain for the avatar.
Mike-
Hellfire Jedi is offline   you may:
Old 07-31-2006, 11:58 PM   #51
Nancy Allen``
Banned
 
Nancy Allen``'s Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire Jedi
you ARE anti-semetic, admit it or not it doesn't matter. you wouldn't have any reason to post this thread if you had no problems with jews. go post on a neo-nazi board voicing your opinions, no one wants to hear your thoughts on how genocide would be the 'right' thing to do.
I support the Jews, I support Israel, I do not support what they are doing at the moment, and the only reason this thread exists is because of the anti semetic feelings from others who condemned Israel full stop. You want to try and turn the forum against me knock yourself out, see if I care what flame bait you post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire Jedi
and sorry if my posts seemed offensive, but how would you like it if someone went ahead and said "hey, because your jewish you need to die."
Since you put it that way I don't blame you for being upset, but refer back to my first post, when I said no they should not be wiped out, no they should not be made to hand over Israel. They should however be made to pay for their actions, just as Hezbollah and Palestine should.
Nancy Allen`` is offline   you may:
Old 08-01-2006, 12:17 AM   #52
SkinWalker
Anthropologist
 
SkinWalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Give critical thought a chance
Posts: 2,709
LFN Staff Member 
Off-topic posts have been deleted. Flames, insults and otherwise ad hominem remarks deleted from posts where I found them.

For those who are accusing Nancy Allen of being "racist" and who are offended by the thread, its apparent that either they didn't actually read the thread or they were incapable of comprehending the nature of the device Nancy Allen used to point out the futility of the arguments against the Israeli government and people.

Moreover, "racism" is a fallacious point to make, since both the Israeli people and the Palestinians are Semitic peoples. They have different religions, both of which deserve ridicule as all religious superstitions do. That however, is a topic for another thread, but accusing someone who is critical of a religion as being racist is fallacious to the point of complete ignorance.

Finally, despite the provoking nature of the thread topic and the poll itself (see my other post in this thread) I'm proud of the regular posters of the Senate Chambers who were able to maintain their civility. I'm appalled at the ignorance by a few late-comers that decided personal insult was the way to make a point. I am, however, understanding that such a topic can inspire one to respond with emotion rather than logic, and willing to let the matter drop, though I will probably send one or more PMs just to be clear to the parties in question.

Nancy Allen was moved by the dichotomy of opinions that seem to exist around the internet, even here at LucasForums, with regard to the subject of Israel vs. Palestine and created a thread that was designed to point out the futility of an either/or position. Was it provoking and trollish? Yes. Was there anti-semitism at work? Racism? Hatred for Jews or Arabs? No. And the only way this could be missed is by not reading the posts Nancy Allen made in the thread:

Quote:
based on what I had seen people comment on around the forums and the Internet. I don't support the extermination of the Jews, but I will support people being allowed to air their views on whether or not they should or whether Israel should be handed back to Palestine.
And, in the very first post:
Quote:
Given the hatred towards Israel I thought I would have this poll. Do you think we should finish what Hitler started and genocide the Jews, or they should be made to abandon Israel.

Personally I say no to both, but they still should be made to pay for their actions against Lebanon.
Clearly, there is no "racism," anti-semitism (both groups are Semitic), or hatred for one or the other by Nancy Allen.

But, because the civility could not be restrained, and the fact that there is another thread on the topic, I'm closing this one. My apologies to those that took the time to post here with honesty and civility. To those that chose the contrary, tread lightly in that other thread. If I have to edit a post for personal attacks that has a time-stamp after this one, the warnings will be a bit more "formal" and posted in the moderators' office.


A Hot Cup of Joe - My Blog

Not finding an intellectual challenge in the Swamp? Try the Senate Chambers!

Evolution and How We Know It's Right - Post your thoughts!
Debate Strategies & Tactics - Polish your online debate skills and offer your own advice
SkinWalker is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Senate Chambers > Should the Jews be wiped out?

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:19 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.