lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Censorship in the Senate
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-01-2006, 02:04 AM   #1
Good Sir Knight
Junior Member
 
Good Sir Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: US
Posts: 285
Censorship in the Senate

and SkinWalker apparently has no love for any of the religions in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker
They have different religions, both of which deserve ridicule as all religious superstitions do.
He censored almost every single one of my messages and of course I have no proof of it because he erased it.

Go ahead and take a look at his last post in the genocide thread, he slams on the 'new commers' and espouses the brilliance of Nancy's supposed openminded thinking.

He then deletes two of my messages in there and then subsequently deletes another one of mine while competing with my reposts.

Honestly, if there was a thread in here that asked if gay's should be put to death there would be a different reaction.

Why? Because SkinWalker holds someone's sexual preference over an entire society/race/religion.

I think both are equal but SkinWalker holds things to a different standard I guess.
Good Sir Knight is offline   you may:
Old 08-01-2006, 02:07 AM   #2
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png
 
Det. Bart Lasiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: `(.)~
Posts: 7,997
Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
This issue is soooo 4 hours ago.



Why don't you drop it? The posts were deleted and the thread was closed. You won, as evidenced by that fact that you wanted the thread closed.



"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may:
Old 08-01-2006, 02:09 AM   #3
Good Sir Knight
Junior Member
 
Good Sir Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: US
Posts: 285
My posts were deleted.

You don't see them because they're deleted. :|

If anyone else was censored, they probably agreed with me.
Good Sir Knight is offline   you may:
Old 08-01-2006, 02:10 AM   #4
Nancy Allen``
Banned
 
Nancy Allen``'s Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,948
Awww, you don't like how your flame bait is deleted? Well, tough. Follow the rules and you wouldn't have a problem.
Nancy Allen`` is offline   you may:
Old 08-01-2006, 02:14 AM   #5
Samnmax221
I never Kipled
 
Samnmax221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: My hovercraft is full of eels
Posts: 5,784
Current Game: Sex with women
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Considering LF is privately owned they have the right to control content.
Samnmax221 is offline   you may:
Old 08-01-2006, 04:38 AM   #6
SkinWalker
Anthropologist
 
SkinWalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Give critical thought a chance
Posts: 2,709
LFN Staff Member 
It occurred to me that having closed this thread, there were still going to be those that would be intrigued to read it until it made its way off the page. Since I've closed so few threads in this forum in the years I've been moderating it, and since I've had to actually modify, delete or otherwise censor so few members in that same period, regular posters here will undoubtedly wonder, WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Sir Knight
and SkinWalker apparently has no love for any of the religions in the world.
Correct. I am, however, fascinated by religions. But it is correct to assume that I have no love for superstitions. Stating the obvious notwithstanding, others might wonder what's GSK's point? It would certainly be a non sequitur to assume that because I've no love for the religious, I, therefore, feel the need to censor GSK's posts. The posts were not of religious nature; other religious people don't get their posts modified by me; and I've no way of knowing what GSK's religious beliefs are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Sir Knight
He censored almost every single one of my messages and of course I have no proof of it because he erased it.
So? This isn't a democracy. Its a message board. I deleted/censored your messages for the reasons already specified in the threads or via PM. Since I don't routinely delete, modify or censor the messages of others I disagree with here, it follows only that the reasons for censorship are because of rules violations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Sir Knight
Go ahead and take a look at his last post in the genocide thread, he slams on the 'new commers' and espouses the brilliance of Nancy's supposed openminded thinking.
"Espouses?" By saying that I adopted (this is what 'espouses' means) Nancy's "openminded thinking," GSK is acknowledging her open mind? More likely, what he wants to say is that I'm critical of him but not her. What GSK chooses to ignore is the fact that I addressed the thread in the only other post I made in it and that I praised nearly every member that posted in it up to the point that GSK posted. He and one other made some very personal, very rude, and very ugly comments that simply weren't warranted. Moreover, they were comments that attacked the person rather than the topic (ad hominem). These rules violations were deleted/censored and the thread was locked because: 1) the civility broke down, which I warned in an earlier post within the thread would be a reason to close it; 2) there is already another thread that can be used to discuss the topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Sir Knight
Honestly, if there was a thread in here that asked if gay's should be put to death there would be a different reaction. Why? Because SkinWalker holds someone's sexual preference over an entire society/race/religion.
This would be an example of a non sequitur as well as a straw man, and another example of GSK's desire to attack the individual (ad hominem) rather than the topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Sir Knight
I think both are equal but SkinWalker holds things to a different standard I guess.
Both? GSK named four things: 1) sexual preference; 2) society; 3) race; 4) religion. One is left to wonder which of these GSK sees as equal and by what standards. Economic? Cultural? Moral?

Should GSK desire to start a proper thread to discuss these or any other topic of debate, he is more than welcome. Soapbox threads like this one, however, will remain closed. If GSK or others have an issue with how the Senate Chambers is moderated, they can PM me directly. If they are uncomfortable with this because they think I'm being biased, unfair, Machiavellian, etc., they can PM a SuperModerator or an Administrator. Kurgen reads this forum regularly as do several SuperMods.


A Hot Cup of Joe - My Blog

Not finding an intellectual challenge in the Swamp? Try the Senate Chambers!

Evolution and How We Know It's Right - Post your thoughts!
Debate Strategies & Tactics - Polish your online debate skills and offer your own advice
SkinWalker is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Senate Chambers > Censorship in the Senate

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:01 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.