lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: GF or TLJ?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-06-2006, 03:24 PM   #1
Lucy:)
Rookie

GF or TLJ?

Which does everyone prefer and why? I think Grim Fandango is the best but I also love The Longest Journey.
So do you prefer Grim Fandango or the Longest Journey?

Viva la revolution!
Lucy:) is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-07-2006, 12:03 AM   #2
VampireNaomi
was a dog in earlier life

LFN Staff Member 
Definitely Grim Fandango, but I can understand why someone might pick TLJ. They have different worlds, characters, and so on, so if one likes scifi or fantasy, they might be among the TLJ crowd. It's a very good game.

"Oho, my sainted aunt, have I become a victim of brain fever, the curse of academia...?" -- Jonathan Crane

Sweet As Mango: Nick/Olivia all the way!
VampireNaomi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-07-2006, 06:30 AM   #3
Shuz

Grim of course, but TLJ is great also, it has that same epic-ness.
Shuz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-08-2006, 11:50 AM   #4
Du Man

I really got to get TLJ, though I think I'll be hitting Indigo Prohicy first. As for which is better I can't tell until I play TLJ, but from what I know about TLJ, I prefer GF, mainly because of its pure original story line or way of telling a story, and the interesting gameplay and mixture of 3d character in 2d setting. Can anybody offer a defense for TLJ?
Du Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-08-2006, 11:58 AM   #5
VampireNaomi
was a dog in earlier life

LFN Staff Member 
TLJ also has 3D characters in a 2D world, in case that helps. Also, while the story is not as original as the one in GF, it's told with such charm that it's very difficult to resist. I simply love the bits you have to play in Arcadia. Metting the Bandu people and defeating Roper Klacks were some of the most memorable adventure experiences I've ever had. Besides, it has a good sequel with a very interesting story and ending (or lack of it).

"Oho, my sainted aunt, have I become a victim of brain fever, the curse of academia...?" -- Jonathan Crane

Sweet As Mango: Nick/Olivia all the way!
VampireNaomi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > General Forums > Land of the Dead > GF or TLJ?