lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Star Wars: Warriors of the Force
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-01-2006, 06:43 PM   #361
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

Current Game: Dragon's Dogma
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction Helpful! Hot Topic Starter 
Tari snarled as she was forced to a halt.
"I could ask you the same thing!" she said, tugging at her foot, though she knew it wouldn't move. "Now will you let me go, please? I hate it when you do this!"

ForceFightWMe12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2006, 06:52 PM   #362
JasraLantill
No One Liners

Current Game: SWOTR
The Walking Carpets Guild Member Alderaan News Holopics contributor LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
"There's nothing to be done here," Zev said into Tacit's ear. "The seal is broken. Valmar is out there somewhere. And we have to find him and destroy him." She paused. "Or at least put him back in his box," she added quickly under her breath. "Either way, we should go. Now," she added, in case there was any doubt in Tacit's mind about her urgency.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. (I came, I saw, I stuck around)
Old 07-01-2006, 07:00 PM   #363
The Doctor
Retired

Current Game: Skyrim
Forum Veteran 
Tacit ignored Zev, and spoke to Tari instead.
"Go back!" he yelled again. "I told you stay at the inn! I meant it! It's far too dangerous to-"
He was cut off as the ground beneath their feet began to shake, and the archs of energy flying across the orb grew larger as their momentum increased. A bolt shot out at Tacit, hitting him full in the chest. He fell to the ground, his sword deactivating and rolling off towards the giant orb that was now screaming with built up mana.
The Doctor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2006, 07:06 PM   #364
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

"Tacit!" Tari shouted again, hardly noticing that she was released from his power as she rushed to his side.
"The idiot! He's telling me it's dangerous!"

Old 07-01-2006, 07:13 PM   #365
JasraLantill
No One Liners

The Walking Carpets Guild Member Alderaan News Holopics contributor LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
Seeing Tacit knocked down, Zev quickly stepped in and moved Tari away from him, then lifted Tacit up and over her shoulder in a fireman carry. "We have to go," she said to Tari, gently shoving her in the right direction. She wasn't sure if Tacit could hear her, but she continued to talk anyway as Tari was there. "The seal is broken." She stepped on the end of Tacit's light sword hilt to flip it up into the air so she could catch it in her free hand. "And Valmar is out there somewhere. And now it's our job to find him and destroy him." She paused, taking one last look at the glowing orb. "Or at least put him back in his box," she added under her breath. "Either way, we need to go. Now!" she added, in case there was any doubt in Tari's mind about the urgency of the situation as the orb began to swell to dangerous proportions.

They had barely reached the mouth of the cave when a huge surge of energy exploded behind them, ejecting them the rest of the way out by force.

After the dust cleared, Zev picked herself up off the ground then brushed herself off. "Well,” she said, grinning at the dust covered Tari, “that was fun, wasn't it?"

Old 07-01-2006, 07:57 PM   #366
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

Tari coughed, doing what she could to get rid of the dust.
"Fun? You must be completely out of your mind."
Oh, gross, dust, dirt, grime...EW!

Old 07-01-2006, 08:09 PM   #367
JasraLantill
No One Liners

"Fun? You must be completely out of your mind!"

Zev stared at Tari blankly for a moment, as if contemplating what she had said. "Probably," she replied flatly. She looked down at Tacit and tutted. "Warrior, indeed," she muttered, as she pocketed his light sword hilt then hoisted him up over her shoulder once again. "C'mon, boy," she said to Tacit, even though he couldn't hear her. "Time to go."

She started toward the longer, but gentler path that led down the mountain, then paused and turned to look at the others. "Well?" she said to them. "Are you just planning to hang out here all day, or are you coming with me?"

Old 07-01-2006, 08:15 PM   #368
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

Tari stared after Zev as if she had three heads.
She's talking to herself! she thought, As if being stuck with Tacit the bonehead and Ty the pain wasn't enough, I'm now stuck with a total whack-job!
"Hold up a sec." Tari called, catching up, "First off, who are you? Where'd you come from? How did you know where to find Tacit? Who were you talking about back in that cave thing? As a matter of fact, what was that--"

Old 07-01-2006, 08:38 PM   #369
JasraLantill
No One Liners

Zev again looked at Tari strangely, then looked back at the cave, it's entrance still glowing angrily with purple light. "What? You want to hang around her and have a chat?" She shook her head. "And she thinks I'm out of my mind," she muttered to herself again. "Look," she said to Tari, "I'll be perfectly willing to answer any of your questions once we are away from this place. Right now, all you need to know is what's in that cave is bad and we need to leave. Now, are you coming or what?"

Without waiting for an answer, Zev started down the path, Tacit's limp body dangling over her shoulder. She planned to stop for a breather once she had reached the clearing where she and Tacit had fought earlier. From there, she planned to proceed to the monestary, a place of sanctuary for her, and a place of healing for Tacit. And, if the others tagged along, a place of rest and information for them.

Old 07-01-2006, 11:04 PM   #370
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

"Hmph." This Zev person was not making a very good first impression. Then again, none of her companions really did...
"Fine, I'm coming. Katri! Ty! C'mon, let's go."

Old 07-02-2006, 02:18 AM   #371
Xbx_Inthusiast
.Devil's Trap.//

Helpful! 
As a matter of fact, Ty was no where to be seen. He had gone off on his own, to do what he pleased. This distraction proved useful in his escape. Eventually he'd meet back up with them, but not in a long while. In reality, he was far ahead of them, at the Sanctuary. He had been attacked along the way by a street gang, and had a rather large fight at the santuary itself. Obviously, he had won, but the monestary was almost destroyed from the massive amount of violence that had previously occurred there.

He sat on the steps, bleeding, his clothes torn and his body riddled with small cuts and bruises. A long gash adorned his back diagonally down to the small of his back adn up to the bottom of his neck. His sword lay beside him, covered in dried blood and caked limestone dust. His lip was bloodied and his right eyebrow was sliced apart, letting a slow, steady drip cycle of crimson slide down his face. He was hunched over, his bangs over his eyes, his knees to his chest and his head in his arms. He was beat. He knew that this santuary wasn't a safe place to be; he had just made enemies.
Xbx_Inthusiast is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2006, 07:55 PM   #372
JasraLantill
No One Liners

Still carrying Tacit over her shoulder, and with Tari and Katri following, Zev led the way down the mountain and then headed toward the monastery. She hadn’t been there for a long while, having been selected by the Pope to follow and watch Tacit, but she knew the way blindfolded.

They walked for a few hours, with Tari complaining, Katri trying to soothe Tari, and Zev ignoring the both of them, knowing that they would all get rest, food and shelter when they reached their destination. But as the monastery came into view on the horizon, Zev paused on the path, then frowned.

Faint tendrils of smoke trailed upwards into the late afternoon sky, indicating that there was some semblence of civilisation up ahead. Tari seemed relieved by this and stepped forward with more vigor than she had since they left the mountain, but Zev held up her hand for her to stop. “No sound,” Zev said. And when Tari looked confused, she added, “Not you. The monestary. It’s too quiet.” Normally at this time of day there would be bells ringing, calling everyone to prayer, but not today. Today there was silence. “Stay behind me,” Zev told the two women as she motioned them to go forward cautiously. “Something’s wrong.”

As they got closer, she could see the front gates were wide open, and just inside, was the body of a dead monk. And another. And another. And then she spied Ty—sitting on the front steps, looking beat and ragged, with a blood encrusted sword laying beside him.

Zev carefully laid down the unconscious Tacit on the ground, then she drew her sword. She stood over the dead monk for a moment, then her eyes narrowed and she looked over at Ty. “You know,” she said, slowly moving towards him, “I’ve seen you fight. And you’re good. But this….” She shook her head as she surveyed the destruction all around her. “You’re not that good to have done this all on your own. What happened?”

Old 07-11-2006, 09:53 PM   #373
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

((OOC: Hey all, I'm back from NYC Yaaay. I know you missed me so much ))

IC:

"For the love of..." Tari's sentence drifted off as she fought off the impulse to puke right then and there.
"Ty..." she whispered, her eyes unable to leave the body of the dead monk, "What have you done?..."

Old 07-13-2006, 12:24 AM   #374
Xbx_Inthusiast
.Devil's Trap.//

Helpful! 
He spat on the ground, a small stream of crimson splashed to the dirt below. "I protected myself.." He looked to Zev, then to Tari, then back to the ground. "I was attacked, and the fight led here. I managed to.." He coughed a few times, then continued, "take most of them out before they fled. I didn't kill any of these monks, but I do claim responsibility for the other seven bodies strewn about these grounds.." He put his right hand on his sword's hilt.

He dragged the sword forward as he stood, pulling himself to his feet with the blade, then leaning on it afterward.
Old 07-15-2006, 08:38 AM   #375
JasraLantill
No One Liners

“Seven?” Zev surveyed the area with her eyes, taking more note of the dead strewn around the grounds. “Well, I’m impressed,” she said dryly. She walked over to where she had laid Tacit on the ground, and gently hoisted him up over her shoulders once again.

“Well, the monks may be dead and gone, but the monastery is still intact. We’ll find food and healing supplies hidden inside the Abbot’s sanctum.” As moved forward, she paused for a moment beside the body of the Abbot himself. She sighed. “Never liked him anyway,” she said. “He was always such a grumpy, ill-tempered curmudgeon. Nevertheless, the Pope is really going to be pissed off about this.” She shifted Tacit to make her burden more comfortable. “C’mon, folks,” she said in the tone not unlike a security prefect dispersing a crowd of onlookers. “Nothing more to see or do here. Follow me. This way.”

She led them through the deserted monastery, negotiating the twists and turns through the dim corridors with the ease of familiarity, until she arrived at a section of blank stone wall.

“You,” she said to Katri. “See that wall sconce to your left? Give it a tug.”

Zev knew the wall sconce was the lever that would open up the Abbot’s private chamber behind the wall. Too bad the Abbot hadn’t had enough sense to have hidden himself inside his chamber during the battle instead of attempting to fight, Zev thought. Silly old codger.

Old 07-15-2006, 11:36 AM   #376
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Katri did as she was told and commented, "Well I think it's safe to say you've been here before..."

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-15-2006, 07:18 PM   #377
JasraLantill
No One Liners

"Oh, yes. Many times," Zev replied to Katri as the wall slowly grated against the stone floor to reveal a hidden room. Still shouldering Tacit, she went inside. "Of course, not with the Abbot's permission, but...."

The Abbot's secret room was lit with oil scones and the scent of incense and wine permeated the air. There was a plush couch resting against the far wall and Zev deposited Tacit there, pausing to check his pulse before moving towards a cabinet on the other side of the room.

"Come in," she said to the others. "Make yourselves comfortable. It's not like the Abbot is going to show up and yell at us for being in here. He's dead." She began rummaging through the cabinet, removing some medicinal herbs and clean bandages. "Of course, if he does show up, it will give me new found respect for his meditations," she added under her breath. "Ah!" She pulled out a jug, removed its cork, and sniffed. "Apple cordial," she purred appreciatively. "Good stuff." She shook the jug to see how full it was. "If this doesn't make you feel better, it'll at least make you not care."

With her medical supplies in one hand, and the jug in the other, she headed back over to Tacit to tend to him. "Ok, boy," she said to him. "Let's get you healed up." She threw a roll of the bandages to Ty. "Say, you might want to see if one of the girls can dress your wounds, before they go septic."

Old 07-15-2006, 08:53 PM   #378
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

Tari intersepted the roll of bandages, snatching them before they reached Ty.
"He wouldn't ask for help if his life depended on it." she murmured, turning to him. "You know the drill. Shirt off, let's go."

Old 07-16-2006, 10:10 PM   #379
Xbx_Inthusiast
.Devil's Trap.//

Helpful! 
He smirked and shook his head. "They'll be fine in a few minutes, trust me.." He said, walking past Tari and moving to explore the small area that they were in. "Kinda small for the big guy.." He said, sniffing a bit then scrunching his face up. He stopped walking when his right foot struck something squishy. He slowly looked down and turned his face in disgust once he saw what it was. "Oh.." He turned and walked away, using his sword as a walking stick.

"Someone was in here.."
Old 07-23-2006, 12:08 PM   #380
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
((I don't know what people have planned, if anything, for the next few posts - but since there hasn't been any new posts in a while, I'm going to carry on. I'm also going to jump a little bit further ahead in the story, to get things moving again. I'll need to take over some characters to get the group to where they need to be.))

"Of course someone was in here," said Zev patiently. "They can't very well kill the Abbot without entering the room, can they?"
"But take a look at these wounds," he said, pointing them out with his sword, instead of approaching the body again. "These look like burn marks around the stab wounds. And his robes have been singed around the wounds."
"Look like regular blaster wounds to me," said Tari skeptically.
"No," said Katri quietly, coming up behind her. "Blaster wounds are more circular. These wounds look almost like a sword was driven through his back, then pulled out in a different direction."
"But no sword can make... burn marks... Wait. Tacit's can."
"The men who attacked the monestary were most likely looking for us. Or should I say, foryou, Ms. Hrent. Some of T'Kan's men use weapons similar to Tacit's - though his is more precise, and by the looks of it..." she took his weapon from his belt and examined it's bulky pwer pack. "It can hold a better charge than the average lightblade."
She stood and turned to the others. "We need to move on. The monestary isn't safe anymore. I was hoping to speak with the Abbot, but that obviously won't be possible. Recent events have... complicated matters. We must travel to Hydir. The forest on the edge of the city is home to the Papal Monestary. Pope Zera must be told of the Seal."
She passed the bottle of alcohol to Tari. "Don't lose this," she said. She moved to the cabinet once again, and cleared most of it's contents into a travelling bag. She threw the bag to Katri, who caught it, and strapped it to her back.
"Let's move out," said Zev, picking up Tacit again.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:18 PM   #381
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
((k. Time to get this one moving again. I'll be jumping ahead a little bit soon. A fair bit, actually. If nobody posts in the next day or two, I'll carry it forward a bit to get things moving again.))
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Dantooine Theatre Company > Star Wars: Warriors of the Force