lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Support issue - why does my system crash when in planetary battles?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-09-2006, 05:48 AM   #1
timt
Lurker

Support issue - why does my system crash when in planetary battles?

I have just recently purchased a new computer and for some reason SW:EAW crashes in planetary battles. I first noticed this when I was playing through the tutorials and when I got up to Tutorial 5, I started having problems.

It looks like the problem is graphics related as lines break up and down the screen until the game crashes my system. The specs I am running are:

Pentium D 3.4ghz
2gb RAM
Nvidia GeForce 7900 GS 256mb

Using autodetect, I am able to run at the highest resolution with detail turned up. I have tried running at lower res but still I get this problem. Additionally, I have installed and updated to the latest drivers.

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?
timt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-09-2006, 07:06 AM   #2
swphreak
My cabbages!!!

10 year veteran! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Thread moved to tech support forum.
swphreak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-10-2006, 12:22 PM   #3
RebellYell
Rookie

That sounds pretty strange, sure ur video card isnt overheating?
RebellYell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-10-2006, 03:33 PM   #4
DarthMaulUK

Post dxdiag. Im 100% certain that your drivers are out of date here. Thats and/or your direct x9c isnt the latest one

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=155333

DMUK
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-11-2006, 06:57 AM   #5
timt
Lurker

how do i post the dxdiag? btw, i have the latest version of DirectX and to the poster who suggested my card is overheating - it isnt. Additionallly, as mentioned at the start of this thread, I have updated my drivers to the latest available from the manufacturer (NVidia).

The problems I am experiencing are very much similar to the issues raised in the following thread:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=168585
timt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-13-2006, 04:39 AM   #6
franq
Rookie

timt, you´re having the same problem as i and many others have. Apparently there´s nothing that can be done about it, apart from playing on hideously low graphical setting-detail... Check other posts on this topic... Its seems to be a problem with high detail and high end nvidia cards....
franq is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Tech Centre > Support issue - why does my system crash when in planetary battles?