lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Can I Remove Upgrade Check?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-18-2006, 11:45 PM   #1
9Nails
Lurker

Can I Remove Upgrade Check?

Simple question... I just want to play Empire At War in single-player. It is a minor annoyance to have to view the upgrade notice when starting the game. I'm content with the version that I have and don't really feel like I need to upgrade. Can I prevent/remove the upgrade check when I start the game?

If yes, how?

Thanks!
9Nails is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2006, 07:03 PM   #2
DarthMaulUK

Not really. Upgrading to the newest patch helps balance the game
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2006, 12:49 AM   #3
9Nails
Lurker

I suppose upgrading would provide that. But balance isn't interesting to me. Stability, yes - but this game seems to have that out of the shrink wrap. (Kudos to that!) I'm still more interested in the single player campaigns that a balanced on-line experience. I suppose that my being a casual player from the "Cheater-Strike" generation that I'm slightly jaded to the on-line game community.

Your comment, "not really", seems open ended - as if there may be a possibility. I'm about done with the game from the Empire's perspective. And I hope to enjoy a lengthy campaign under the Rebels soon! I hope that I'm not alone in the question.
9Nails is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2006, 09:25 AM   #4
paws1111
Rookie

well... if you disconect your computer from inter net it wont come up :/ dont think
paws1111 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Tech Centre > Can I Remove Upgrade Check?