lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Abstinence
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-10-2006, 04:46 AM   #121
Nancy Allen``
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi
And before someone gets any ideas about golf balls, just remember, don't do anything you don't want the ER staff laughing about in the lounge after they've treated you.
That's ping pong balls actually, although I wonder if the other adds to it at all.
Nancy Allen`` is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-10-2006, 09:39 AM   #122
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Allen``
That's ping pong balls actually, although I wonder if the other adds to it at all.
You'd be surprised at what items come through the ER doors with people....

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-10-2006, 05:36 PM   #123
toms
v0.9

sorry about the man's perspective thing.. it happens occasionally. Dunno why.

However I don't really see WHY it should have a different emotional impact for girls than for guys. Other than the old genetic programming differences.

I wonder how much of it is to do with society conditioning girls to think that its something deeply important and emotional?

I remember once (long long ago) reading an article about the south pacific islands. Apparently on those islands sex was thought of as a perfectly normal recreational activity. There were no taboos around it at all. If two young people were walking along and happened to meet each other then one could proposition the other, and if they both felt like it then they could get right down to it there and then. And if anyone else was walking pst they wouldn't pay it a second thought.. as it was considered totally natural. Supposedly they had almost no trouble with rape or any of the other sex related problems we have here in the west.

Of course then the misionaries turned up, made them put on more clothes, told them everythign they were doing was wrong and linked up sex and marriage and love in their heads. So i guess now they are like us. (messed up, repressed, confused, worried, etc..).
I'm really not at all convinced they weren't much better off before.

Playing: Link to the Past, Astroboy, Kario Kart, Mario World (Micro) KOTOR 2: Sith Lords (Xbox) Morrowind (PC)
toms is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-10-2006, 10:14 PM   #124
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Why it has a different emotional impact--we girls can get pregnant. You guys can't. It's physically easier (in general, there's always exceptions) for a man to take advantage of a woman than vice versa.

The Great South Pacific Experiment would fail bad here in the Great White North. Unless it's July 18th, it's way too cold to just stop, drop, and roll.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-10-2006, 10:56 PM   #125
milo
[]D [] []V[] []D [] []\[]

Sorry to pull up an old post, but:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace MacLeod
Dude, one of the horrible, horrible things about growing up is realizing your parents were right about a lot of things that you swore they were totally full of sh!t about before.
Ahaha! So true. You have no idea how often that happens to me.

Oh wait, you probably do.
milo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-10-2006, 11:30 PM   #126
StaffSaberist
DECEPTION IS FINISHED! :D

Location: The United States of America... and damn proud of it!
Wow, it's been forever since I've been to LF I almost forgot about it.

I'm not going to read this lengthy thread, so I'll just say that personally I am in the "pro-abstinence" camp for moral reasons. That having been said, if someone doesn't want to wait until marriage then it's their perogative, and I really don't have any business giving people the guilt trip just because they don't agree with me.

Deception, the best SP level-set in the world, is done! Get it here!
"Query: What is it you wish, fat one?" - HK-47 at his best
I have begun modding TSL. Check it out here. and My Fanfic
StaffSaberist is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Senate Chambers > Abstinence