lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: -Fic- Cursum Peficio -Fic-
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2006, 10:43 PM   #1
Digitaldreamer
Rookie

-Fic- Cursum Perficio -Fic-

Behold! I have brought fanfic!

I know you're all thrilled. Or else you're ready to throw bricks in my general direction, whatever works.

Most of you probably already know it, given the fact that I've shoved it...pretty much everywhere, really. Including the fanfiction thread, which I've pretty much hijacked at this point. Finally DylanMay was kind enough to say “Dude, go get your own thread yo.”

Thus, here I am.

Right...so...um...yes. Here's the link for you all. Aren't you excited?

...Please save your PsiBlasts 'till I'm done at least. ^^;

Title: Cursum Perficio
Author Digitaldreamer
Length: Seventeen chapters plus an epilogue when finished, I'm hoping.
Rating: PG-13
Pairings: Raz/Lili, possibly some hints of Milla/Sasha
Warnings: Some dark themes, mild torture (far, far later on), some one-sided slash (nothing graphic, I assure you)
Summary: Six years after Raz became a Psychonaut the nightmares started, whispers of a looming darkness. The pieces have been set. A game, a riddle, the answer lies hidden beneath the watery depths...Can Raz figure it out, or will the darkness swallow him?

So...um...yeah, right. The fic is mostly Raz-centric. I could ramble on and on, but at it's basis the idea came from but one wish, to take Raz's background and expand on it like crazy. When I was playing the game I couldn't help but think there could have been so much more done with his family's curse by the Galochio's, as well as the whole “our family has many enemies” deal... and thus, this was spawned. We've got a fic here that's going to attempt to go deep into Raz's family history and cover everything from the reason to why the Galochio's cursed them, why Raz's dad's entire family was killed by psychics, why Raz's dad wouldn't let Raz use his powers, and probably a whole lot more that I can't be bothered to type here.

I was worried I'd fail...but so far I don't think I'm doing so bad, actually.

The fic does, admittedly, get fairly dark as it goes on. I'm trying my best, though, to retain the Psychonaut-y flavour we all know and love, because if this fic gets so dark and angsty that you could easily place it under any other category and change the names....well, then obviously I've messed up somewhere. I don't think I have yet, though, and if I seem to be getting close to that, someone please kick me in the face or something so I can fix it.

So...yeah. The fic currently has nine chapters so far, and I try my best to update every Sunday with a new chapter, as well as links to any new art I've done for it, as I've done quite a bit. If anyone would be willing to take a look and tell me what you think I'd be honored. Constructive criticism is, of course, always welcome and greatly appreciated. You don't even have to leave a review on fanfiction.net, you could just say a few lines here. I don't need any huge, lengthy reviews or anything, just a few words saying what you thought...well, it'd be nice.

Er...okay, I'll shut up now. Sorry for bothering you all with my ramblings, eheh...

“Raz,” Oleander groaned. “How many times do I have to tell you? You don't have to sneak in here past security every time you come anymore! You can just come in through the gate! You know, like everyone else?”

“Oh, I know. I just like this way better.”

--Cursum Perficio, chapter two, by Digitaldreamer.

Last edited by Digitaldreamer; 10-31-2006 at 12:40 AM.
Digitaldreamer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Psychonauts Discussion at Razputin's Domain > Razputin's Domain Forums > Thorney Towers Creativity Room > -Fic- Cursum Peficio -Fic-