lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Run X-wing games without Joystick?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-22-2005, 04:39 PM   #1
LOL-Wing
Lurker

Run X-wing games without Joystick?

I much prefer mouse control. Can anyone help?
LOL-Wing is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2005, 05:53 PM   #2
Darren Korr
Lurker

used mouse control on x-wing and tie-fighter back in the days... but since my comp doesnt support either game lol i havent checked it out anymore, used to work very well for me, problem is the newer versions "updated" trilogy version dont support the mouse anymore, u need a joystick to play those new verions of the game!

Last edited by Darren Korr; 08-31-2005 at 07:31 AM.
Darren Korr is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2006, 12:30 AM   #3
Biges
Rookie

So I'm not alone who prefers to use a mouse. I have to stick to Tie Fighter (and boot to DOS mode), because I'm just not able to play with joystick as good as with mouse.
If you really want, you may try this cool program/driver:

http://www.geocities.com/deonvdw/Docs/PPJoyMain.htm

Basicly you jyst install a virtual joystick and run PPJoyMouse, than a mouse works as a joystick. The problem is, there is no auto-center, so it's not usable At least not for me.

I'd also like to add one thing. X-Wing was a product of LucasArts simulator tradition and was tailored to mouse as well as Tie Fighter. These insane mine shooting missions are very good example of this.
Biges is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-08-2006, 10:18 PM   #4
mivoci1
Rookie

Well I'm not good with joystick a well because when I want to make x-wing a space dust they always kill him before me.

If you only knew the power of the Dark Side.
mivoci1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars Classic Gaming > 2. Star Wars Gaming > X-Wing Trilogy & X-Wing Vs. TIE Fighter > Run X-wing games without Joystick?