lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: How much do you agree to the following: "Religion does more harm than good"?
+4 (I'm SkinWalker) 19 30.16%
+3 3 4.76%
+2 2 3.17%
+1 6 9.52%
00 (I don't know, or I don't care. Or both) 9 14.29%
-1 4 6.35%
-2 2 3.17%
-3 0 0%
-4 (I disagree strongly) 18 28.57%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Is religion evil?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-16-2007, 12:05 AM   #281
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Polls are notoriously unreliable given how they're constructed and conducted. It's always interesting to see how the views (guided?) of merely 1000 to 2000 people supposedly reflect those of 58-300+ million (depending on your country).
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-16-2007, 01:16 PM   #282
Spider AL
A well-spoken villain...

The larger the poll, the more accurately the result will reflect the view of the whole populace. So a larger sample is always desirable, but the method is sound nonetheless.

As for "guiding" the views of those polled... that depends on how reputable the polling organisation involved is. ICM is quite reputable, and the Guardian newspaper is likewise fairly accurate in its reporting for a mainstream media outlet.

And judging by the questions mentioned in the above report, it would seem that the poll was relatively dry and unbiased in nature.

Add to this the fact that I'm English, and the results match my own experiences of this land and its people... and I have no difficulty accepting the results as a fair reflection of the actuality. When ICM publishes its polling report for this study on its website, we'll be able to analyse the variables in even more detail.

[FW] Spider AL
--
Hewwo, meesa Jar-Jar Binks. Yeah. Excusing me, but me needs to go bust meesa head in with dissa claw-hammer, because yousa have stripped away meesa will to living.
Spider AL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Senate Chambers > Is religion evil?