lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: talking to domino
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-19-2006, 04:37 AM   #1
frankenstein
Lurker

talking to domino

hello there...assuming that this forum aint completely dead..i have question ..ive heard that people can talk to domino when they wake up in the edge of the world...but for me...it does nothing...how can i fix this?..or is there any place i can download the sound file of what he is saying..oh and i also cant talk to him AFTER he locks up meche
frankenstein is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2006, 08:48 AM   #2
VampireNaomi
was a dog in earlier life

LFN Staff Member 
Some people have said that they can talk to Domino, some were able to do it once and some not at all. I belong in the latter group. Someone said that the conversation was removed because it revealed too much of the villains' plot.

You can get the sound files here.

"Oho, my sainted aunt, have I become a victim of brain fever, the curse of academia...?" -- Jonathan Crane

Sweet As Mango: Nick/Olivia all the way!
VampireNaomi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2006, 07:00 AM   #3
Mr.Samoal
Rookie

Thanks alot VampireNaomi, After downloading the audio conversations.
I believe i had those conversations, maybe because my Grim Fandango Game is old.
I bough it in 1999.. So i think the newer versions doesnt have it.
Mr.Samoal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2006, 10:51 AM   #4
Yohein
Rookie

I could listen this conversation the first time I played the game (a Spanish version). Later, when I played it for the second time, I couldn't. After that, I have played an English version twice, and I couldn't hear the conversation again... I don't know if it's a bug or intentioned, but I think that conversation is necessary. Without it, you can only speculate about the edge of the world's light bulbs factory or who the workers are, if you listen to it everything is clear and the plot is easier to understand.
Yohein is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2006, 06:45 PM   #5
Klia
The Pitfall

Hot Topic Starter 
I think that they should have just cut out Domino talking about the Double N tickets...listening to the parts about Meche made that part of the game much more easier to understand.

I love how Domino asking Manny if spending time alone with Meche at the Edge of the World was really so bad.
Klia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-15-2007, 05:34 AM   #6
stewlil
Rookie

on an old topic, i think it may have something to do with talking to him at the right time, because the conversation definetly can't be occured without meche not being locked away.

"There's nothing better than spitting in the face of someone that hands you an ultimatum." Deron Miller of cKy
stewlil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > General Forums > Land of the Dead > talking to domino