lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Attack Of The Clones TC Screenshot Spectacular
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-22-2004, 07:03 PM   #81
DarkLord60
Something In the Way

Quote:
Originally posted by tFighterPilot
Wait a sec, march 5th is a half a month from now!
sure is

DarkLord60 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-22-2004, 08:14 PM   #82
The Cheat
6 Foot Tall Bunny Rabbit

awesome, that would be the best birthday present

(well that and the unaltered original trilogy on dvd but at least i get one of them)
The Cheat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-22-2004, 10:35 PM   #83
Zappa_0
JOM Director

12 days to be exact....
Zappa_0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2004, 08:12 AM   #84
IG-64

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
dang... nice.

I made a Mr. Game & Watch model but I couldn't convert it from XSI (or something like that) to GLM, I ran assimilate and it screwed up a thousand times, and I got confoosered. Getting that Mr. G model to work would be cool, and having a white outline would be even better.

ah, well, I already have my custom all-black shadowtrooper skin for a Mr. G excuse...

Maybe I can ask for help in the modelling forum
IG-64 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-09-2004, 03:18 AM   #85
zERoCooL2479

Site is back up so it will be coming soon. The down time caused a huge delay in our communication. Stay Tuned.

-Mike

~cHoSeN oNe
Mod Developer
The Jedi Academy
zERoCooL2479 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-09-2004, 03:36 AM   #86
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Hmmm didnt know the site was down. It has been working fine for me. Hopefully you all can get that Demo out that everybody is really looking forward to.
Old 03-13-2004, 10:43 PM   #87
Anakin

the problem is just like that not enough people visit the site and the forums, if they visited there on a little more regularly you would see the amount of work we have done instead of reading titbits all the time, this is not directed at you BTW, just everyone. :P

Now Iam the Master
Anakin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2004, 02:22 AM   #88
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

Uh, beyond a few screenshots and a sparsely used (at least publically) forums, there's really not that much on the site other than fluff.

I have yet to hear exactly what the mod does beyond some sort of team based game thingy.

---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
razorace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2004, 04:56 AM   #89
ace_rogue1
Rookie

well its been 9 days since the AOTC:TC demo was supposed to be released...i recommend not releasing dates on anything unless you are going to follow through with it
of course i still think we'll get a demo, as the team wouldnt do so much work for nothing
and anakin more people would visit the site if it actually got updates that did more than say thing like "forums are down", "forums are up"
...and if the site said "demo released"
ace_rogue1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2004, 07:03 AM   #90
Alegis
In hiding

LFN Staff Member 
i agree, look at some pages back in the asteroids thread how mad everyone was because they kept on giving bad release dates, first end xmas, then mid january etc..

-"The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty: it's twice as big as it needs to be."
Alegis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2004, 07:41 AM   #91
Mercenary

It always takes longer than you anticipate to finish any kind of editing especially a project of this size.
Mercenary is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2004, 07:54 AM   #92
Anakin

If you read back a few pages you will see that we had to delay because of the server change and the forums blowing up on us. That couldnt of been helped.

Razor - You have always had something agaist this TC and Me, please leave it alone. The reason the forums havent got that much on at the moment is because Im trying to get them back to 'normal' and I have to say its the first time I have ever seen you on there until Drew applied for CGI Guy.

Anyhow back to the main thread.

The demo will be released soon the code and everything is sorted, the only thing we are waiting on are the new graphics for the HUD etc and the Maps to be tidied and a few big spiders to be squished out. Thats about it, apologies for those of you who were expecting it out now, but the site move really messed everything up.

Anakin

Now Iam the Master
Old 03-14-2004, 09:10 AM   #93
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

Quote:
Originally posted by Anakin
If you read back a few pages you will see that we had to delay because of the server change and the forums blowing up on us. That couldnt of been helped.
Actually posting a news item on your website would probably help clear up the confusion.

Quote:
Razor - You have always had something agaist this TC and Me, please leave it alone. The reason the forums havent got that much on at the moment is because Im trying to get them back to 'normal' and I have to say its the first time I have ever seen you on there until Drew applied for CGI Guy.
I've kept the eye on the AotC TC forums from time to time ever since AotCTC was formed. I beleive I've even posted a couple times back before one of the numberous server changes.

There's just not much activity there to draw people in. There's no design discussion or revealing of features/ideas dispite the fact that the project has absorbed how many projects now? 3? (Forcemod, Promod, Clone Wars)

As for my issue with the TC, it's like this. I don't have a problem with you personally, it's just the way the TC has been handled for the past year and a half.

[brutal honesty]I've seen the project chew up and spit out at least two of the most promenent codders in the community and god knows how many modellers and mappers.

I've yet to see a clear definition of the project beyond "team based/SP/MP AOTC!! for jk2....I mean jk2/jka....I mean jka....I mean MP only" since ever, and this is after talking to the people who are supposedly coding the bloody thing.

And after all this time of hyping the TC using E2's title name, what have we gotten out of this? Some pretty screenshots and a couple of models.

Sure, some progress has been made lately, but that seems to be mainly due to Unique coming in and basically turning the TC into AImod with AotC maps/models. And then you degrade his contribution by promoting someone who didn't do jack for the project until Unique started chompin' at the bit.

As such, I beleive the project has been a organizational nightmare since the beginning. Its overhyping and drain of creative manpower has hurt the community as a whole.

And why am I complaining about this instead of just keeping my trap shut? Because I think we as a community can do better than this. We can. Really.

If we set aside our petty egos and creative issues (including our particular differences) we could actually get some cooperation going and everyone would benefit.[/brutal honesty]

Hell, I'm going to do something about this. I've already had moderate success with OJP but it needs to go farther. I'll be contacting the AotCTC team shortly.

Old 03-14-2004, 10:52 AM   #94
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Yea, I agree with razorace. You all havent got much on the site, saying nothing much of what is in the TC. You have maybe around 30 screenshots of a few models and maps. I dont think you can use your server issuse's excuse anymore. If you really wanted to you could have already had alot of details of what exactly the TC is suppose to do, what it has, and what to expect from it. Maybe while you wait for your coders to finish, maybe you can vamp up the site to get it ready for the big demo that we have been hearing about.
Old 03-14-2004, 03:38 PM   #95
Thrawn42689

Yeah, it is a little light on media. However, I know from personal experience how annoying it is to have to get screenshots of every little thing.

Thrawn42689 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-16-2004, 02:44 AM   #96
ronbrothers

I seriously hate to pile on here, Anakin, but these guys really do have a point, especially where pr is concerned. You asked if people would donate money for the site's upkeep. I sent you an email on March 4 asking you how much you were looking for. While you did publicly clarify that you were looking for "a MAX of $6/7 from a few people", you never responded to me personally. I noticed only 8 comments in the forums responding with only 2 being affirmative and the others being negative. Those 2 comments were mine.

Again, I quote my post:

"Perhaps instead of asking of people would pay for the mod, you should rephrase it to would some donate to support the release of the mod. I, for one, have enjoyed hours of play with models and maps made by others, but have not contributed any myself. I lack skill and means. I'd be happy to donate in my way of giving back and supporting what promises to be fine work by you guys."

I might very well be willing to donate quite a bit more. But I'm still waiting for some kind of indication what it would take to make it possible to add more disk space and bandwidth.

I've got a bad feeling about this...
ronbrothers is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-16-2004, 08:19 AM   #97
Anakin

Apologies for the lack of response there.

Ok PR has slipped down a lot and im tring to get back onto it, but in all honesty, how many other TC's or Mods have better PR than us?

So as a good will gesture how about you start your drool bags on this;

Now Iam the Master
Old 03-16-2004, 09:42 AM   #98
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Nice.
Old 03-17-2004, 07:23 AM   #99
Anakin

Now Iam the Master
Old 03-17-2004, 10:08 AM   #100
tFighterPilot

It doesn't look very FPS friendly, but I might be wrong

My projects:
Snow Speeder
Kaadu

Quote:
Originally posted by yaebginn
not at all, they came here[USA] to worship God however they wanted and it was built on the principals and rules of the Christian religion.
tFighterPilot is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2004, 11:35 PM   #101
Lei Hng Wei
Rookie

If only the "die on moving vehicles" bug were fixed, fighting on a train as it circled the square full of duelers would be sweet.
Lei Hng Wei is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2004, 12:09 AM   #102
Archonon
Rookie

Those look awesome, I'm dying to play through Coruscant. I justr visited your site and noticed your announcement of the OJP/AOTCTC partnership and I was curious as to how it will affect the demo or any upcoming releases that were scheduled for the near future?

Map looks great guys, can't wait to see it once finished.

Archonon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2004, 12:32 AM   #103
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

All it really means for that is that all the OJP features will be in AotC.

Old 03-18-2004, 12:39 AM   #104
ronbrothers

That looks awsome, Anakin. Glad to see the OJP/AOTCTC partnership. This is going to be one fine mod!

I've got a bad feeling about this...
ronbrothers is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2004, 02:51 AM   #105
Archonon
Rookie

Thanks for the clarification razorace, I was just wondering if the upcoming demo was then going to be held back a while to implement the new OJP features or if it was still scheduled to be released as is soonish.

I really look forward to seeing what developements OJP can bring to AOTCTC though I admit I don't have the OJP beta and don't actually grasp all it does.

Basically I'm just hoping to see some confirmation that it will not be that long off that I'll be able to play that totally awesome Coruscant map.

Archonon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2004, 08:51 AM   #106
Anakin

No, the demo is still on for the end of the month, we nearly have got it done 80% just sorting out the maps now

Now Iam the Master
Old 03-18-2004, 05:16 PM   #107
Alegis
In hiding

LFN Staff Member 
Okidoki, please keep us informed

Yet to fourth/fifth whatever the latest comments here; i myself knew bery little about it. Saw neat screenies i did, but about the gameplay jack shet. I thought about following the progress on the website and forums and all but there wasnt anything more on that, except for getting brutal comments how wude after posting i wanted to participate in voice actors just because it wasnt in the correct voice actors thread of the dozen.
Alegis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2004, 10:25 PM   #108
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Any updates on the TC, Demo and the OJP partnership? Also I seen in the forums you was gonna have a press release, anything on that?
Old 04-01-2004, 11:30 PM   #109
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

Well, after some members of AotC TC team started changing terms and doing stuff that they expected us to go along with without our consent, OJP has decided to pull out of the partnership until the AotC TC team can figure out what the hell they want or are doing.

As such, we will not hosting our forums or website on their servers.

However, on a more personal level, we've worked out a deal with the coders of AotC TC to cooperate with them. The teams, websites, etc, will remain the same but the coders cooperating with us as dictated by the OJP guidelines.

In layman terms, some elements of OJP will be used in AotC and some elements of AotC will be submitted and added to OJP.

Old 04-02-2004, 12:50 AM   #110
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Hmmm very interesting, cant wait to hear from Anakin.
Old 04-02-2004, 01:20 AM   #111
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

Quote:
Originally posted by Zappa_0
Hmmm very interesting, cant wait to hear from Anakin.
Well, I am the OJP lead moderator so the information is accurate. But, feel free to wait for Anakin's AotC TC view on it.

Old 04-02-2004, 09:46 AM   #112
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Oh I believe you razorace, im just interested in what Anakin has to say. I like what both groups are doing and its too bad that you all could not see eye to eye at this point in time. Hopefully things will work out later down the road.
Old 04-02-2004, 04:00 PM   #113
zERoCooL2479

Quote:
Originally posted by razorace

Sure, some progress has been made lately, but that seems to be mainly due to Unique coming in and basically turning the TC into AImod with AotC maps/models. And then you degrade his contribution by promoting someone who didn't do jack for the project until Unique started chompin' at the bit.
Hmm...let me ask you something? I know this comment was made a while ago, (3/16) to be approx; but I can't help but notice the comment was geared toward me. Now...if you truly were covering aotctc development, you would know what assignments jaii gave me to do in jk2. Now I've done them, when jaii mysteriously disappeared the project was dropped. No one knew WTF was going on. Most of it was because of bad management. So stating that I didnt do "jack" was and is a completely false statement. As soon as I finished 1.2 of the JAR project, Anakin finally contacted me and said we brought in a new programmer for you to work with. I was like great, when do we start. The fact that Unique1 was making a port of his jk2 mod to jk3, and that he became a part of the team, made everything easier from a coding perspective. We merged our code almost immediatly that day.

Now that I know the other programmers are serious about working on the project, I started creating visions and goals of what I want the mod to do. The other leaders at AOTC:TC seemed very unmotivated so they brought me in. Why did they do that? Simple...I have been there from day 1 and I am very much a leader when it comes to teamplay.

So here we are now, still coding and everything going well. I just wanted to make sure you knew the truth before making any judgment on the dedication I have to working on mods and contributing to parts of the team.

c1...out

~cHoSeN oNe
Mod Developer
The Jedi Academy
zERoCooL2479 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2004, 06:22 PM   #114
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

I'll remind you that non-staff members don't see the staff forums. We don't see any of the work assignments or progress reports.

As such, I wasn't aware that you had done any actual code work for AotC TC before Unique joined. Wudan never said anything about you while he was on the project and Jaii has been AWOL for at least a year.

I'm sorry if my statement was inaccurate.

Old 03-12-2007, 04:10 AM   #115
Daniel333
Rookie

Im so excited lm downloading the mod right now well no ones been on this forum for a while but this mod IS SOOOOOOOOOOOO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Star Wars Galaxie Player:

Several Alts

Main Character: Venuew Louthmic
Strongest Weapon: Forward Command Knuckler
Poffesion: Entertainer
Level: 90
Pilot Level: Advance Fighters skill level
Favourite Armour: Katarn Armour (clone armour)
Owns two pets
High leveled Beast Master
Very Powerful moves
Server: Ahazi
Suggest this thread

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=174146
Daniel333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-12-2007, 01:12 PM   #116
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

I assume you're talking about the demo since this project has been dead for a while now.

Old 03-12-2007, 05:01 PM   #117
Daniel333
Rookie

l am l figured that out when l finished downloading. l cant get the file mpdefault.cfg if you can find a way for this file to work please tell me well it says the error is that they cant find the file and l belive it cause when l had a look in aotctc folder and l didnt find it so what l do l deleated the file then download it again and the same thing happened so please help me.

Several Alts

Owns two pets
Very Powerful moves
Suggest this thread

Old 03-12-2007, 07:44 PM   #118
Zappa_0
JOM Director

And you didnt see the last reply was in 2004?

Old 03-13-2007, 02:41 AM   #119
Daniel333
Rookie

l know but l just wanted an answer for my problem then l will be gone so please tell me what it is

Several Alts

Owns two pets
Very Powerful moves
Suggest this thread

Old 03-18-2007, 12:21 AM   #120
azimnj
Rookie

same here
azimnj is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > Showcase forum > Attack Of The Clones TC Screenshot Spectacular