lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Kotor 3 or Jedi Knights 4
Kotor 3 all the way! 115 92.00%
Jedi Knights series Rule! 10 8.00%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Kotor III or Jedi Knights 4
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-20-2006, 08:27 AM   #41
tmwmodchaser
Lurker

Hmm... a JK4 could go on and still be interesting. <_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by InyriForge
JK series is dead in the water, as far as I'm concerned. Jedi Academy was the nail in the coffin.
While I would rather see a Kotor III, I must point out that you are slightly wrong. >_>

Dunno bout you, but I think the darkside ending was more of a cliffhanger, but that was just a personal opinion of mine. I would love it to decide whether Jaden was evil or not. If you choose Jaden good, you go on as Jaden trying to wipe out the last of the Imperials and the Sith.

But, if you choose Jaden marked as evil, you go on as Kyle Katarn trying to put an end to Jaden and the Imperials.

Stopping the releases of either game would be foolish as to how popular they are.

I'm sorry if I offended you while pointing that out, I just felt that needed to be said. >_>
tmwmodchaser is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-23-2006, 04:19 PM   #42
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Both. And it would be JK3, not 2. (JA was a spinoff, just like MOTS. The numbered series stars Kyle.) I'm a fan of both.

The titles I hope to see are:
Knights of the Old Republic III: The Jedi Masters (I have no idea why, I think think it's a fitting title since the last one was The Sith Lords.)
Jedi Knight III: The Yuuzhan Vong War

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2007, 03:02 PM   #43
aner21
Rookie

I really enjoyed JA. It could've been so much better, but I thought it was better than JK in the fight sequences (the combos for example) but only there. And I know I'll get hate male for this but I find Kotor's turn based combat system sooo boring..
I'd love if they incorporated JA real time fighting to K3 or at least allow that option for people who don't enjoy "let's make a chart of actions to my character" sort of a fight. That and the fact you can't really move in the game. OB's a rpg and you have almost complete freedom to move your character, while in the kotor series you can... walk and... choose between right an left, kind of
aner21 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2007, 03:52 PM   #44
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by aner21
I really enjoyed JA. It could've been so much better, but I thought it was better than JK in the fight sequences (the combos for example) but only there. And I know I'll get hate male for this but I find Kotor's turn based combat system sooo boring..
I'd love if they incorporated JA real time fighting to K3 or at least allow that option for people who don't enjoy "let's make a chart of actions to my character" sort of a fight. That and the fact you can't really move in the game. OB's a rpg and you have almost complete freedom to move your character, while in the kotor series you can... walk and... choose between right an left, kind of
No. No real time in KotOR. Ever!

Not that you don't have a right to your opinion, you certainly do, but there is a vocal KotOR fanbase who play ONLY because the games are turn-based and not real time.

By all means, let them do JK4 in real time. Heck, I might even play it.

But KotOR is turn-based and should remain so, because the alternative takes away from the rpg-experience IMHO - I want my character to succeed or fail on the basis of how I built him during character creation and the game itself, not because of how good or bad I am at pushing buttons.

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2007, 12:59 PM   #45
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Heh, asking this question in a Kotor forum pretty much ensures the results are going to be incredibly biased.
So, I made sure to add my vote to the many for Kotor. I love the RPGs--there are so many different things you can do to make the game different every time.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2007, 04:58 PM   #46
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

JK ftw!! What on Earth is kotor anyways...

I mean, Hack! This is a kotor forum. Obviously kotor is to win out. Its like asking people here if they want a new star wars game or a new star trek game.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2007, 07:22 PM   #47
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoiuyWired
JK ftw!! What on Earth is kotor anyways...

I mean, Hack! This is a kotor forum. Obviously kotor is to win out. Its like asking people here if they want a new star wars game or a new star trek game.
Or the JK forum whether they should do JK4 or KotOR3...

EDIT: Actually, I think I'd actually prefer a new Star Trek game over a new Star Wars game... Though only if it's Star Trek: Bridge Commander II.

Last edited by Jediphile; 03-19-2007 at 06:43 PM.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:38 PM   #48
KyleOfHarpenden
Rookie

yeah it was very stupid to put this in a kotor forum but no one is ever really on the jk forum so it would just be dead there if that makes any sence :s but the results are clear a kotor game kotor has a better story jk is better for online that my opinion though
KyleOfHarpenden is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2007, 05:37 AM   #49
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

I think it'll be okay to break off the Jedi Knight franchise, becuase it was essentially an action game and you can make plenty of saber-swinging adventure games. (This statement is an exception, if they're planning on taking Kyle's story further)

On the other hand, KotOR has a strong storyline, a stronger (and wider) fanbase. Besides, the Jedi Knight series feels more or less, complete. KotOR doesn't. So that's why we need KotOR more than JK.

But to be honest, I would prefer a sequel to X-Wing/TiE over anything else.

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2007, 12:52 PM   #50
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
But to be honest, I would prefer a sequel to X-Wing/TiE over anything else.
X-Wing/TIE-fighter don't need sequels plotwise. A sequel to X-Wing Alliance would be great, though - there were a few plots left unfinished in that game, presumably for the sake of a sequel that was then never made. Heck, any game by Lawrence Holland/Totally Games would be great. The last few, X-Wing Alliance and Star Trek: Bridge Commander were both great, but were forsaken by the publishers in spite of their success, and I haven't a clue why. Anyone know what Holland/Totally Games are doing these day btw?

Old 03-20-2007, 08:15 PM   #51
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

A X-Wing series game would be nice though. Well trying to take on world devistators.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:22 PM   #52
Jediphile
Persona non grata

^^

Didn't we already do that in Rogue Squadron?

Old 03-20-2007, 11:36 PM   #53
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

You know, technically, we already got a Jedi Knights 4 in the works.

Force Unleashed Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
SilentScope001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2007, 12:09 AM   #54
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentScope001

Force Unleashed Anyone?
I really hope that Force Unleashed comes out on the PC.

Not all those who wander are lost.-J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2007, 12:54 AM   #55
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
Quote:

Force Unleashed Anyone?
Hmmm.... Well... If Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is Jedi Knights 4 then why isn't it called Star Wars Jedi Knights IV: The Force Unleashed?

Oh yes. I voted for KotOR 3 over JK 4.
Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2007, 01:09 AM   #56
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

Quote:
Hmmm.... Well... If Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is Jedi Knights 4 then why isn't it called Star Wars Jedi Knights IV: The Force Unleashed?
Well, I'm saying it's more of a spirtutal sequel somewhat, which can be considered "Jedi Knights 4".

The reason it's not called Jedi Knights 4...is because, techincally, you aren't playing a Jedi Knight. You're playing Vader's lapdog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
SilentScope001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2007, 04:24 AM   #57
Canderous_ordo1
Rookie

from what i know there is going to be kotor 13 or 19 ive read all 19 books on kotor and everyone is better then the last so if the games are as good as the books well goto admit its better then jedi knight

IM HERE IF YOU WANT SOMETHING DONE RIGHT

A TRUE WARRIOR IS ONE THAT CAN BEAT IT DOWN EVERY TIME IT RAISES ITS HEAD
Canderous_ordo1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2007, 11:01 AM   #58
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Well, I'm saying it's more of a spirtutal sequel somewhat, which can be considered "Jedi Knights 4".

The reason it's not called Jedi Knights 4...is because, techincally, you aren't playing a Jedi Knight. You're playing Vader's lapdog.
Exactly just like BioShock is the spiritual successor to System Shock.

Not all those who wander are lost.-J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2007, 11:43 AM   #59
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canderous_ordo1
from what i know there is going to be kotor 13 or 19 ive read all 19 books on kotor and everyone is better then the last so if the games are as good as the books well goto admit its better then jedi knight
Let's wait until KotOR 3 comes out before we start any talk about games in the double digits.

Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2007, 05:12 PM   #60
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
I've played both and I like both, but for different reasons. I don't see why either can't continue.

Can't we have our cake and eat it?

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2007, 08:42 PM   #61
Darca Lar
Forumite

Current Game: Dragon Age Origins
Usually yes, but have too much cake and you'll become ill.^_^

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow, a mystery. Today is a gift...that is why it is called the present.
Darca Lar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2007, 03:49 AM   #62
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Quote:

Well, actually we don't even have Jedi Knight 3. JA is a spin-off, and not JK3. So any new JK series game would be JK3, or more correctly DF4.

And yes, FU is definitely not a JK, its quite different actually, from the story point of view, and probably more different than that. I mean, I don't even think you get a blaster this time.

On the side note, I really hope we will be seeing a Ventress this time. I mean she is kinda tough and undestructable. 3 kills by Anakin, and 1 kill by ObiWan(?)
Old 03-25-2007, 11:28 AM   #63
KyleOfHarpenden
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoiuyWired
Well, actually we don't even have Jedi Knight 3. JA is a spin-off, and not JK3. So any new JK series game would be JK3, or more correctly DF4.

And yes, FU is definitely not a JK, its quite different actually, from the story point of view, and probably more different than that. I mean, I don't even think you get a blaster this time.

On the side note, I really hope we will be seeing a Ventress this time. I mean she is kinda tough and undestructable. 3 kills by Anakin, and 1 kill by ObiWan(?)

yeah but even though jka wasn't really jk3 most people think it is but you get the idea another jka game was what i meant
KyleOfHarpenden is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2007, 02:50 PM   #64
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
I've honestly never played any of the Jedi Knight games so I'd definitely go with KoToR 3.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2007, 05:03 AM   #65
Lubaka
Lurker

I love and both, but I don't look nothing new of Jedi Knight
Lubaka is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2007, 11:03 AM   #66
Lord Foley

KotOR III. It will own your soul.

"Everything I tell you is a lie. Every question I ask you is a trick. You will find no truth in me."
―Vergere to Jacen Solo
Lord Foley is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2007, 01:07 PM   #67
RobQel-Droma
Blah

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
KOTOR III. Both of them should be made, but KOTOR takes the priority. JK just isn't as good.

However, if they do make JK IV, they need to improve the graphics drastically, make the combat a bit better, way improve the story (from JA, that is), and of course bring the main character back to Kyle. (trust me, Aratoeldar, Kyle Katarn is what the JK series is all about )
RobQel-Droma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-31-2007, 03:18 PM   #68
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Well, of course we support K3 here, because:

1. It's a KotOR forum.

2. TSL ends in a cliffhanger while JA does not.

Old 03-31-2007, 10:38 PM   #69
Point Man
Seeker of Truth

Knights 3 FTW!

Show me a man who is twenty and not a liberal, and I will show you a man with no heart.
Show me a man who is forty and not a conservative, and I will show you a man with no brain.

Point Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2007, 05:56 AM   #70
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Well, I guess we can call this one off... 99 votes for K3 (91.67%) and merely 9 votes (8.33%) for JK4... Unless JK fans suddenly begin spamming this topic, I guess K3 is the undisputed winner here.

Old 04-01-2007, 11:24 PM   #71
Darca Lar
Forumite

Current Game: Dragon Age Origins
no doubt!

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow, a mystery. Today is a gift...that is why it is called the present.
Darca Lar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2007, 08:35 AM   #72
kotor_freak
Rookie

Just posted my vote. I think we can see what the public wants

It's just the matter if what the public wants, is what the public gets.

"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here." -Tidus, Final Fantasy X
kotor_freak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Kotor III or Jedi Knights 4