lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: KotOR 3 - No Obsidian Please!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-01-2007, 06:24 PM   #81
Merc29
Lurker

I agree in something; the storyline of KOTOR was far more interesting. Still, you had to talk through most of the game, barley seeing any action. In KOTOR2, the story is less interesting, but controls are improved and the talking and fighting is balanced, not like in KOTOR that you could just ramble on forever without making such great progress. Perhaps what they need is that Obsidian creates the fundamentals of the game like combat, controls, etc. and a better company like Bioware do the plot, because these are their expertise areas.
Merc29 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-02-2007, 10:25 AM   #82
GarfieldJL
Banned

The reason why there was so many problems with TSL had absolutely nothing to do with Obsidian rather the blame should be placed on Lucas Arts doorstep. They bumped up the release date by several months on Obsidian whom then had to rush to meet the deadline, then Lucas Arts denied their request to make a patch to fix things and improve the story. So don't blame Obsidian for being forced to release something long before they were ready to.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-02-2007, 10:31 AM   #83
The Source
Rest In Peace

Contest winner - Modding 
I hope not to sound too much like a hypercrite, but I do have to agree with something. Even though KotOR II doesn't feel anything near like Star Wars, I still had some fun in exploring new locations. I kind of wish that Korriban was expanded upon, and I would have liked to look around the Sith base.
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-02-2007, 03:53 PM   #84
JediJonny
Lurker

KotOR 2 ending lost me a bit there. What happened to the allies? So confusing.
JediJonny is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > KotOR 3 - No Obsidian Please!