lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: When Peace Overcomes
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2007, 05:00 PM   #37
Grace
Forumite

((Uh... my previous post goes above BKK's ))

Kateri remained silent at the mention of weapon improvements and looked decidedly uncomfortable at the mention of horses. Nevertheless, she knew that if she declined a horse, she would slow her companions. Unwilling to do that, she headed for the stables. Just as she was about to inform the stable master of her need for a horse, he spoke.

"You need a horse," he said. "I know. I am also familiar with your unfamiliarity with them. Therefore, you need one that knows what to do with a rider who doesn't know what do do with it!"

"Something like that," Kateri grumbled. With a smile, the stable master led her to a horse that had already been prepared.

"She is called Katerina," he said. "Not entirely unlike your name."

"A variant of it," Kateri agreed, nervously approaching the horse. As she came closer, the horse turned its head to look at her.

"She won't hurt you," the stable master encouraged.

"Are you speaking to me or the horse?" Kateri grumbled. The stable master laughed.

"To you," he answered. It took a few minutes, but Kateri was finally seated on Katerina... and looking decidedly uncomfortable up there. The horse moved slowly at first, allowing Kateri to adjust to the movement. Finally, the made it back to the rest of the group.

Kateri muttered something in her own language under her breath.

My story in progress: United We Stand - Divided We Fall

Please read and review
Grace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Star Wars Roleplaying > When Peace Overcomes