lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Should Taris have a restoration project in KOTOR 3?
Yeah 16 40.00%
No 10 25.00%
Maybe 8 20.00%
I dont care. 6 15.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Taris Restoration Project?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-01-2007, 03:55 PM   #1
Mandalore501
Rookie

Taris Restoration Project?

This random thought came into my head,should Taris have its own restoration project similar to Telos In KOTOR 3,and if so what should it be like?I think it should but I got no ideas of what it would look like.
Mandalore501 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-01-2007, 04:15 PM   #2
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

It would have to have some kind of restoration project, since it does eventually come back. I don't know if including it in KotOR III is important, though.
Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-01-2007, 05:08 PM   #3
Mindtwistah

Taris was smoking ruins until around 1 ABY. Unless the game doesn't take place 4000 years after the previous two games, you would only be walking on burning ruins.
Mindtwistah is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2007, 08:27 AM   #4
i_shot_the_jedi
Rookie

I would like to see Taris again, but only as a burned out shell with shattered gray ruins (possibly even with one or two towers still standing, albeit heavily damaged). If it is to return, then I'd also like to see the sea...

Whilst I'm on the subject, I'm wondering just how much of Taris is covered in ocean. From looking at http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Tarisfull.jpg and http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Taris_surf.jpg , it appears that the Taris cityscape only covers a relatively narrow belt of land below the equator, and there is further evidence to support this in the movie of the Ebon Hawk escaping the Sith bombardment. Nevertheless, I could be wrong as Taris is termed a city world and not an aquatic world; and it seems to be inferred that the city takes up the greater proportion of the surface. Furthermore, the escape pods from the Endar Spire crashed in the city - a surprising feat, considering that the world is supposedly almost entirely covered in water and the simple fact that you cannot aim an escape pod.

Great minds discuss ideas.
Average minds discuss events.
Shallow minds discuss people.
Which are you?
i_shot_the_jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2007, 08:51 AM   #5
Gargoyle King
Veteran

Uhh! It's a NO from me!
I feel it's a case of been there, done that - KOTOR 3 will be more interesting if it has NEW panets, not just reskinned jobs from its predecessors. To fit in with Revan finding the "True Sith Empire" the game would make most sense in fitting the game around the unkown regions or sith worlds - Besides as far as cityscape planets go i'd rather want Coruscant than Taris again.
Gargoyle King is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2007, 12:08 PM   #6
Samurai DD

Canonically, Taris was indeed restored but never to its even "secondly" former glory, I mean the one in KOTOR. Now, I don't know when this happened, but if Mindtwistah's right, well, it wouldn't quite be the Old Republic, would it? I voted maybe anyways. Even if it happened at that point, for it to be relevant to the story would be very difficult. There's nothing important on Taris.
Samurai DD is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2007, 12:44 PM   #7
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Department of Needless Redundancy Department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2007, 12:56 PM   #8
Balderdash
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle_King
Uhh! It's a NO from me!
I feel it's a case of been there, done that - KOTOR 3 will be more interesting if it has NEW panets, not just reskinned jobs from its predecessors. To fit in with Revan finding the "True Sith Empire" the game would make most sense in fitting the game around the unkown regions or sith worlds - Besides as far as cityscape planets go i'd rather want Coruscant than Taris again.
Agreed. The most boring planets on TSL were the ones we'd seen before anyway...

Balderdash is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2007, 02:17 PM   #9
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
No, no and no.

Of course that the game says that, if Telos Restoration Project was succeeded, other planets would have this project installed on them. But what would be the point on restoring a planets such as Taris? Almost everyone born there, or that lived there, is now dead. Telos, however, had many, many orphans spread throughout the galaxy. That was a planet worth rebuilding, Taris is a planet worth pillaging and plunder.

Maybe a Restoration Project wouldn't be so bad, actually it would be an interesting situation, but a never seen before place, please.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2007, 02:58 PM   #10
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

There are better things to do than that.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2007, 03:32 PM   #11
Fredi
El Guapo

Taris was the Coruscant of the outer Rim, I loved Taris ... until Malak destroyed , I think It should be restored. But I don’t think that it will happen because already in the history of StarWars Taris in 1BBY is still in ruins , So I think that Taris will not appear in Kotor III. Sadly but true

"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."
Fredi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2007, 08:08 PM   #12
JediWookShaco
Lurker

the Telos Restoration project was the cornerstone for the Republics judgment on continuing for other restoration projects- there were over 20+ planets that had problems regarding the Mandalorian and Jedi Civil War
JediWookShaco is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2007, 05:42 PM   #13
bolsen
Rookie

id like to start the game on taris (again). but in a refugee camp or something. I think it would be cool to see the smoldering ruins of the city up close. So no to the restoration, but yes to seeing it again.
bolsen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2007, 03:10 AM   #14
Corinthian
Banned

Hell no. I hated Taris with all my heart. Almost as much as I hate Peragus. Give us the City-World of the Sith Empire, please. No familiar worlds, if we're taking on the New Sith Empire I don't even want to have heard about most of the planets. Although I wouldn't object to the Chiss Homeworld, Csilla.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Taris Restoration Project?