lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: female characters
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-01-2007, 02:16 PM   #1
Darth_Boba_Fett
Lurker

female characters

so, when is there going to be a starwars videogame where the main character is canonically female. excluding TSL, all other games are canonically male. it just kinda bothers me bc girls like starwars too and yet seem to get no credit
Darth_Boba_Fett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-01-2007, 06:58 PM   #2
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Oh There is That Ugly Mutilated Twi'Lek scumbag trying to yet again steal the first DeathStar plans... Granted, her droid is kinda cool, but her character is bleak and boring, and not the sexies twi'lek girl you will meat. Not to mention, who would want some single lekku breeder with less than interesting personality?

Oh, while some puzzles are nice in the game (NDS/PSP versions are quite different, and I can say cause I finish both of them) and some cool moves even, Lethal/Deadly Alliance in general is boring most of the time, and with quite some reptetive actions and less than interesting graphics.

And seriously, Kyle is cool, she is not. Please, no one should be stealing/mangling with DS1 plans anymore, things are complicated as is.

Oh, Jade is playable in one of the JK series for a brief while in the storyline.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-01-2007, 07:04 PM   #3
tyrone333

Current Game: BFBC2
Why dpn't you play galxies it has cutzimized people and you can be a girl and all.

Galaxies name Mortal78
Sever Starsider
Army Empire
tyrone333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-01-2007, 08:22 PM   #4
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrone333
Why dpn't you play galxies it has cutzimized people and you can be a girl and all.
Because the question was, "When is there going to be a Star Wars videogame where the main character is canonically female?" In Galaxies, there is no "main character", and all the characters are customizable, like you said, meaning that there is no canonical version.

I can think of two SW games with female main characters. There's the Exile in TSL (though I don't much care for canon in RPGs), and Mysteries of the Sith, where you play as Mara Jade.
Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2007, 12:17 PM   #5
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

How about JK:JA?

There is a chance Jaden is Female. The canon is not truely set yet? It is either Male Human of Female Twi'lek.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:08 AM   #6
Darth Badguy
Rookie

and the clothing options for the female twi'lek are... great

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Darth Badguy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2007, 01:42 PM   #7
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoiuyWired
How about JK:JA?

There is a chance Jaden is Female. The canon is not truely set yet? It is either Male Human of Female Twi'lek.
Actually, Jaden is referred to as a "he" in The New Essential Chronology, but his species is still not set.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:12 PM   #8
MeleeMaster
Rookie

You mean Jaden is chronologically a Hutt, Hssiss, Howlrunner, Ho'Din, H'nemthe, or a Hawk-bat?

Your auto-blocking is in vain! Only SP source code modification can allow you to block my desann-style attacks without being staggered now!
MeleeMaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2007, 01:55 PM   #9
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Hutts are herms, so Jabba is actually also Lady Jabba. Good luck calling him Lady Jabba though.

And really, Jaden's story is quite neutal when it comes to Gender. So Jaden being a transversite, or a pre-opt transexual will have little affact on the story. Same CANNOT be saide for other chapters of the JK series. The idea of Kyle in Drag Dancers outfit is something that even Nihilus would fear.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:40 PM   #10
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeleeMaster
You mean Jaden is chronologically a Hutt, Hssiss, Howlrunner, Ho'Din, H'nemthe, or a Hawk-bat?
No. Read my post again and you'll see that that's not what I said. The only possible species choices for a male Jaden are Human, Kel-Dor, or Rodian. So far though, his species has not been stated as canonical (not chronological - those two words have very different meanings).
Old 07-08-2007, 09:33 AM   #11
Nancy Allen``
Banned

I just set Revan to female, Exile to female, Jaden to female and play as Aayla or Leia. But there should be more games that have the protaganist as female. How about, given her popularity, a game where you played through Aayla's storyline? Or still on the expanded universe play as Mara or Jaina Solo?
Nancy Allen`` is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2007, 04:38 AM   #12
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Things about totally EU timeline is that many non fans would have gotten lost. Remember there are people who don't even know Mara Jade is, let alone Jaina.

Though I have to say Jaina would make a nice main character for a game. I mean, she can even say hello to her brother
Old 07-09-2007, 09:56 PM   #13
darthcarth

My theory on this is that their are more guys into star wars then their are girls that are into star wars while i am not saying they should neglect the female audience companys will always try to please the majority first.

EmpireFTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
darthcarth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2007, 10:26 PM   #14
Nancy Allen``
Banned

Quote:
Though I have to say Jaina would make a nice main character for a game. I mean, she can even say hello to her brother
Oh...without dropping any spoilers that is bad.

Quote:
Things about totally EU timeline is that many non fans would have gotten lost. Remember there are people who don't even know Mara Jade is, let alone Jaina.
Mara Jade would be at or near the top, but a lot of EU characters are strong enough to carry a game, for example, on their own rather than having to create new character leads all the time. Plus I'm not sure if this would be fact but judging by how beloved she is given her limited screen time I think people would only need one look at Aayla, just as an example, and go looking into the EU and the like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthcarth
My theory on this is that their are more guys into star wars then their are girls that are into star wars while i am not saying they should neglect the female audience companys will always try to please the majority first.
Can you say Lara Croft? Who knows if the Tomb Raider games would be anywhere as popular if they had Indiana Jones instead, I know I would buy it, but they can just as easily cater to men, women too, by having a strong female lead. Joanna Dark, Jill Valentine and Mara Jade would be three top examples of characters who appeal to females because in them we have these kick ass women taking centre stage and appeal to males because of the shall we say 'Lara Croft' factor.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:05 AM   #15
Master Zionosis
Relax On Air

Current Game: TR 8: Underworld
Contest winner - Modding 
She's not in a game but "Stacy" from Pink 5 is now cannon, Lucas allowed it and Timothy Zahn also wrote Stacy into one of his books, I think she kicks ass , watch it, Pink 5 is coool, lol

Master Zionosis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2007, 09:44 AM   #16
Gug Eyewalker

Silly people! Are you all under 22 or something!?

Doesn't anyone remember Jedi Knight; Mysteries of the Sith with Mara Jade as the main character??

Would be cool to have another Mara Jade game.

We are the music makers, and WE are the dreamers of the dream. -Willie Wonka
Gug Eyewalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2007, 11:27 AM   #17
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrone333

A classic line, that!

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2007, 02:01 PM   #18
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Zionosis
She's not in a game but "Stacy" from Pink 5 is now cannon, Lucas allowed it and Timothy Zahn also wrote Stacy into one of his books, I think she kicks ass , watch it, Pink 5 is coool, lol
I hope not...

I mean, the series are fun and all, but some of those stuff, really, its more silly then holiday special. On the side note, its funny as hell, and everyone should have seen it, some of the best star wars fan films.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:05 PM   #19
Lord XZantor
Rookie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Allen``
I just set Revan to female, Exile to female, Jaden to female and play as Aayla or Leia. But there should be more games that have the protaganist as female. How about, given her popularity, a game where you played through Aayla's storyline? Or still on the expanded universe play as Mara or Jaina Solo?
I agree, in kotor I & II, its what ever you play as, but in the actual star wars story line, shes a girl.

And don't forget about Kotor I or II, you can be a female in that to.

Exar Kun and Lord Hoth all rock!!!!!!

Go Jedi civil wars!!!!
Lord XZantor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2007, 10:15 PM   #20
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Allen``
Can you say Lara Croft? Who knows if the Tomb Raider games would be anywhere as popular if they had Indiana Jones instead, I know I would buy it, but they can just as easily cater to men, women too, by having a strong female lead. Joanna Dark, Jill Valentine and Mara Jade would be three top examples of characters who appeal to females because in them we have these kick ass women taking centre stage and appeal to males because of the shall we say 'Lara Croft' factor.
Maybe Jade would work well, we should give her a try. And all those in jokes... like telling solo "Darn your kids are killing me..."

But Smuggler's Alliance era Jade is a good theme. I would say even the imperial era Jade, but that would be pushing it a bit. Skilled, more sneaky, some force ability, lots and lots of weapons to play with... maybe even a lightsaber.

Actually I am also thinking about Jan Ors(rebellion era), minor enough to play with her storyline, chance to meet a would be jedi mercenary. Oh she is a darn good pilot, spy, and what not. Did I mention all the possable itibitz for EU fans?
Old 07-17-2007, 11:34 PM   #21
Nancy Allen``
Banned

No...the in jokes just would not fly with me unless we have Jaina taking a lightsaber to her brother. But am Empire era Mara Jade game, I would quite enjoy the skullduggery that occurs with her and Vader.

As for a Jan Ors centred game, bring it on. Take away the light side\dark side, politics, ect and have a game that goes like this: point, pull, repeat. The simple life of a commando needs a comeback so we can take a break from moralising over doing the right thing, history over the Jedi\Sith and ad hock political statements and commentary.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:14 PM   #22
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Ok, that would be a nice in joke, much better than Han Solo saying "get me one of those" to the ancient Mandalorian armor and sword. But, it may just be me, but I found that of all those grandkids of Anakin/Vader, Jaina seems to have the most "Anakin" personality. Yes there was a time I would REALLY want to see Darth Jaina, too bad it is not to be.

And Yes, Jan Ors... that is the reason why I would like her to star in a game. I mean, a cool non-saber game would be great. The galaxy far far away seems much much cooler in the eyes of a non-jedi. Maybe thats the reason why most fav StarWars character on my top10 list are(were) not Force Users. Plus, we do want to know how she gets that robot hand of hers... definitely not a "kitchen accident with the juicer"
Old 07-20-2007, 08:03 PM   #23
Nancy Allen``
Banned

Though that would be killer if we are thinking she lost it fighting Vader\Palpatone\Mara Jade, at once, only for it to be something like that. But yes you are so right, the only lightsaber I want to see is you taking it from your favourite Jedi\Sith, ramming it against someone's throat and threaten to pop the blade. We've had enough emo storytelling, give us the no nonsense characters back. Someone who'll take a blaster rifle and take charge, Leia style.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Expanded Universe > female characters