lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Can't access LFNetwork Sites
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-04-2008, 03:16 PM   #1
Tanesh
Rookie

Unhappy Can't access LFNetwork Sites

Hi,

I have the problem that I can't access any site from the LFNetwork since October. First I thought it was a general (though long lasting) problem with the server, but then I noticed that others could access lucasforums.com etc. I guess it could be a problem with my provider, because my brother has the same connection problems. I'm able to access the sites while using an external proxy, but since this connection is very slow this way, I'm wondering if it's possible to, uh, fix this somehow. I use a router, but don't have much experience with it. I just don't know where I could start or if there's even a workaround for it. I'm grateful for any ideas.

Tanesh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2008, 03:21 PM   #2
tk102
Well past expiration date

Current Game: Fallout 2
Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
Hello Tanesh

Can you ping the sites? If you open a command prompt and type for example:

ping www.starwarsknights.com

what gets returned?

And if you bypass your router and connect directly into your modem, are you able to visit http://www.jediknight.net for example?

tk102 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2008, 03:55 PM   #3
Tanesh
Rookie

Hi!

No, I can't ping them. It exceeds the time limit.
Connecting directly to my modem is not possible, because it's not on the same floor. Originally my room was part of the attic, it was not intended to have a TV, phone or internet connection. We had to run the cables through the ceiling and several rooms. Wireless lan was not invented back then.

Old 01-04-2008, 04:19 PM   #4
tk102
Well past expiration date

Current Game: Fallout 2
Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
Follow-up on router: Is your router in some inaccessible place? If it's near a computer, you should be able to take the modem-router cable and plug it into your PC. If the router is near the modem, you should be able to take the PC-router cable and plug it into the modem.

Testing another PC: Do you have another computer that uses the same router? If so, can you access the site from there?

Tracert: From a command prompt, how far out do you get when you run:
tracert www.starwarsknights.com

tk102 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2008, 05:15 PM   #5
Tanesh
Rookie

Ok, I connected my PC directly with the modem, but got a limited connectivity error. Have to try that again tomorrow.
The problem with the site access is for all my PCs.
I also tried the tracert command. There was a timeout at 2, then it continued until 19, 20 - 30 was again a timeout.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Forum Help & Feedback Center > Can't access LFNetwork Sites