lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Does KotOR Count?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-21-2006, 09:49 AM   #41
RC-1162
Liquidious Fleshbag

Current Game: SW:TOR
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Helpful! 
can a rubber band be stretched either way? course it can. same with the EU, it can be expanded either way, only difference is that it doesn't break. but this has already been established, i believe.

Duct Tape is ALWAYS the answer
RC-1162 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-21-2006, 10:19 AM   #42
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
I pretty much agree with what's been said here... KotOR is definitely part of the expanded Universe. Now that we have the comics it's even more established as EU I think.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-21-2006, 10:58 AM   #43
Hayden Kered
Veteran

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Moeller
I pretty much agree with what's been said here... KotOR is definitely part of the expanded Universe. Now that we have the comics it's even more established as EU I think.
Really! If it wasn't EU then why would comic books be writen? I think that would be a big *DUH* for them.

I QUIT LF!
Hayden Kered is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2007, 06:02 AM   #44
Rabish Bini
Sydney Roosters Genius

Current Game: KotOR III
I'm pretty sure they're EU. If not, than that's damn wrong.

Yes
Rabish Bini is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2007, 03:21 PM   #45
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Well, even Nihilus shows up in the SW Legacy comics.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2007, 01:51 PM   #46
spark91
Rookie

It is part of EU because it reveal the story of star wars before Esp.I
spark91 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2007, 05:25 PM   #47
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor
I've asked around, and apparent;y, some people don't think that the KOTOR games count as part of the EU. Does it count in your opinion? It certainly does in mine, but I want to know what you think.
I think you mean Canon, if it's got star wars written on it and its not the one of the 6 movies its Expanded universe, whether it contradicts anything George Lucas wrote or agreed to have written is the question. KOTOR is definitely EU and to a certain extent Canon since a single storyline was established for each game, >>

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Eu

Last edited by adamqd; 06-27-2007 at 11:50 AM.
adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2007, 10:34 PM   #48
BigMike322
Rookie

Hell Yeah it counts. It references characters and events from the comics.
BigMike322 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2007, 01:54 PM   #49
Darth Xander
Riding Pterodactyls

Current Game: Star Wars KOTOR II
Quote:
Originally Posted by han sala

Darth Xander is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2007, 12:32 AM   #50
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd
I think you mean Canon, if it's got star wars written on it and its not the one of the 6 movies its Expanded universe, whether it contradicts anything George Lucas wrote or agreed to have written is the question. KOTOR is definitely EU and to a certain extent Canon since a single storyline was established for each game, >>

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Eu
Actually only the Gender and Ending is established. The details are defined as a Blur on purpose. I mean, there is no real reason to canonize "Did Revan win that Pazaak game?" or even more trivial things like "Did Lady Exile wear that skimpy Dancer's Outfit?" or even "How did the Gizkas end up?" and "Are Bao-Dur's lightsabers pink with glitters?"

All we know is that Revan is LSM with all the plot characters survived (probably the romance too), and Exile is LSF with some sub-characters(things like Mira/Hanharr choice is deliberately not defined, as with Brianna/scumbag choice due to Male/Female selection).
Old 10-02-2007, 01:35 PM   #51
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

^^^
well we all know that, but I was commenting on what the original post asked does Kotor count? and I explained that, If I would of put "Ending" instead of "storyline" there wouldn't be a need for the last 2 posts, but I Know what your saying, but for the sake of argument pazaak games and conversation could hardly be canonized as it would be a novels worth of info about Revan just on his data bank profile... could you imagine "well I beat blah at pazaak, but in canon he lost, whats up with that". It would be ridiculous

Last edited by adamqd; 10-02-2007 at 01:45 PM.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:34 PM   #52
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
Of course KotOR counts, it is apart of the expanded universe! Why would they make it if it didn't count??

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2007, 12:55 PM   #53
JoeDoe 2.0
n - 1

Just to make money, duh!

Kotor must count! It's just awesome to see the old tales of the Jedi and Sith alike

JoeDoe 2.0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2007, 02:29 PM   #54
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
*observes Kotor box*

Hmmm..it says Lucasarts. So Lucas and the guys over there who 'protect' the continuity of the universe have approven it.
For contrast, there was a 'destruction derby' SW game some time ago as well. That didn't count as canon.

Plus, Kotor already has made it's way into the novels. Bane got some knowledge out of Revan's holocron. So unless we want to declare Bane uncannon, Revan and thus k1 ARE canon.

*gunsmoke*

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-30-2007, 07:45 PM   #55
spawn613
Rookie

I'd like to refer to the ORIGINAL SW movie, episode IV. specifically the part when they discovered the hidden jedi base on dantooine and say it has been deserted for some time. why? cuz in KOTOR the sith burned it to the ground! so my answer is yes, it does count.

"Just because I saved her doesn't mean I'm going to charge up her loading ramp!"

~the exile
spawn613 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-30-2007, 08:27 PM   #56
Jvstice

Dooku sent Quinlan Vos on an espionage mission to an abandoned Rakata temple. That is also pretty suggestive of the events in the game being canonical.

Also the Selkath have turned up since then too.
Jvstice is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-03-2008, 11:15 PM   #57
Lordjedi
Forumite

Of course KotOR is.
Lordjedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-05-2008, 08:18 AM   #58
DarthJebus05
Banned

KOTOR is the best Star Wars RPG game ever. Thus automatically being EU.

:P
DarthJebus05 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-05-2008, 12:57 PM   #59
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Apart from the movies, Anything that is Star Wars is EU, expanded Universe does not mean the same as canon, official, part of time line, continuity... Even the non canon Star Wars: Tales, Marvel Star Wars comics, Retcon, whatever is EU, it may be N or C Canon but, got the Lucas Logo, isn't a Movie= EU

Old 02-05-2008, 02:12 PM   #60
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd
Apart from the movies, Anything that is Star Wars is EU, expanded Universe does not mean the same as canon, official, part of time line, continuity... Even the non canon Star Wars: Tales, Marvel Star Wars comics, Retcon, whatever is EU, it may be N or C Canon but, got the Lucas Logo, isn't a Movie= EU
So Vader/Yoda really do go back in time to look for Soul Calibur... Oh lets not forget about various educational games back then, we get to learn math and english from vader/yoda/etc and there are things like JarJar music games...

I woudl say EU includes anything THAT IS NOT A CAMEO/EDUCATIONAL TYPE FEATURES.

I mean, some stuff are just beyond the canon/non-canon issue, but are just that... cameos to advertise a product, or to make people happy. Obvious thing would be lego star wars trailer where ships and things can instantly reassemble into one another, or Vader directing the synphony.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:37 PM   #61
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

I didn't specify in-UNIVERSE, as in Expanded universe, anything in the Galaxy far far away, obviously soul caliber isn't canon or EU, it's CAMEO/EDUCATIONAL TYPE FEATURES. Thanks for clearing that up

Old 02-05-2008, 03:20 PM   #62
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoiuyWired
So Vader/Yoda really do go back in time to look for Soul Calibur...
They can't "go back in time" for looking after SC, because they're already on the past compared to SC time.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2008, 03:23 PM   #63
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

^^^
Thing is, they would need to go to SC timeline by whatever means possable, do their stuff, and go back in time to the galaxy far far away to meet their end. Unless you are trying to pull a Pime Taradox here, or the characters are force ghosts.

But yeah I am sure thatother than the oddball CAMEO/EDUCATIONAL purpose stuff and deliberate jokes(and gameplay interface too), all stuff are EU.

We know that people like Obiwan would not be told to tap R twice to use that special force power, nor would Jedis play capture the flag with Siths.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Expanded Universe > Does KotOR Count?