lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: EA Denies Rumors of KotOR3 in the works
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-02-2008, 09:26 PM   #81
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Alderaan News Holopics contributor Forum Veteran 
Apart from canonising-type stuff, I don't believe KOTOR should be changed at all. The way it plays and the way it looks is what makes it KOTOR. If we made a next-gen K3 we might as well merge force unleashed with KOTOR.

Taak Farst is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-03-2008, 09:08 AM   #82
Knight Of Honor
Rookie

I totally agree, its a trilogy(hopefully) and they should look like it too.

If we are all clones, why am i the only one with a sense of humor?
Knight Of Honor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-03-2008, 09:26 AM   #83
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Yeah, keep the same outdated engine three times in a row, that'll show that you put effort into your games.
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-03-2008, 10:04 AM   #84
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Taak Farst wrote:
Apart from canonising-type stuff, I don't believe KOTOR should be changed at all. The way it plays and the way it looks is what makes it KOTOR. If we made a next-gen K3 we might as well merge force unleashed with KOTOR.
I think TKA-001 is right here. And, to be honest, I think you're mixing up two different things.
First, gameplay is the way the game feels. It's controls and it's mechanics. For example, Mass Effect has the SAME Gameplay as Kotor and Neverwinter Nights.
But graphics, or 'Next gen' is a way to describe how pretty it looks. For example, Kotor looks way better then Neverwinter Nights, but has the SAME gameplay.

And we got a perfect example of how Mass Effect looks like. So just imagine the LOOKS of Mass Effect on your favorite kotor. Not the other way around. The Force Unleashed has nothing to do with this all, since it's an action/hack and slash game. So when people say they want a 'NEXT GEN kotor' they mean the graphics.

Or course Baldurs Gate is a nice game, but if they'd release it NOW, under the name 'neverwinter nights 3' everyone would laugh. Same would happen wit a Kotor 3 that runs on the old engine.

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-16-2008, 09:12 PM   #85
JinSarigit
Rookie

That's fine by me, I'd rather not have EA games make a KOTOR game anyway. I'd much prefer to have Obsidian try their hand at another K-title.

"We are not tricksters.
We are ambassadors of peace and justice."
―Ferus Olin
JinSarigit is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > EA Denies Rumors of KotOR3 in the works