lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: I hope this is the right place
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2008, 10:50 PM   #1
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
I hope this is the right place

Continued from here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffe
Mod note:
I prefer to believe that strongly polarizing topics like this can still be discussed without resorting to ad hominem tactics
Since I was quite specific in pointing out that we're discussing behavior (rather than characteristics) I'm struggling to understand how "ad hominem" is relevant. No disparaging comments or personal attacks have been made about any of the individuals participating in that thread.

Quote:
...even indirect ones finely veiled behind big words.
If there is a problem with using specific terminology, or "big words" as you called them, then perhaps it would be best to amend the forum rules so that no further infractions occur.

Quote:
The meaning behind telling someone directly they are an "idiot" or telling them they are "intellectually challenged" is pretty much the same, even if the approach is less direct and blunt.
I appreciate you sharing your interpretation of the term, as well as your opinion about how you feel it has been applied here.

Quote:
It's a flame bait either way, even if it wasn't intended as such when posted.
I acknowledge that SWK staff has decided to include the term "intellectually dishonest" in its list of "forbidden words".

Quote:
Everyone, please try to avoid making negative personal remarks or reflections about people whose opinions you don't agree with while posting here.
Quite right.

Quote:
Making the arguments personal makes these threads less interesting to read and more likely to get out of hand and locked.

Thanks.
Right on the money once again. Thanks for your post.
Achilles is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Starwarsknights.com > Feedback > I hope this is the right place