lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: 10 questions that every intelligent Christian must answer
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-26-2008, 10:40 PM   #81
Tinny

Aye, i'm not claiming anything I've experienced is super extraordinary (I don't think I've seen anyone healed physically etc). I still believe it is a real experience, your father met your family and it was real people. The experience I've had seem pretty real, because I and others met God. I know it sounds silly, but its just some experiences I've had just can't be shaken. It comes across as silly explaining it over forum boards. I have considered those possibilities though.

Redeemed!

An old school mod for jedi academy.
Tinny is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-27-2008, 02:53 PM   #82
Nedak
Beelzebozo

LucasCast Jingle Composer Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinny
Aye, i'm not claiming anything I've experienced is super extraordinary (I don't think I've seen anyone healed physically etc). I still believe it is a real experience, your father met your family and it was real people. The experience I've had seem pretty real, because I and others met God. I know it sounds silly, but its just some experiences I've had just can't be shaken. It comes across as silly explaining it over forum boards. I have considered those possibilities though.
So in other words it's just a feeling.

You have no evidence there is god, it's just faith.
Nedak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-27-2008, 08:15 PM   #83
Tinny

Not really, its just evidence you can't express, like proving over the boards that my mom loves me. Its evidence for my own personal faith, a reason for why I believe what I believe, its one that's hard to use to convince anyone else though.

Redeemed!

An old school mod for jedi academy.
Tinny is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-27-2008, 09:22 PM   #84
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Not the same thing at all. Based on existing evidence we could probably safely assume that your mother actually exists and based on existing social psychology, we could probably safely assume that she loves you.

The fact remains that evidence is evidence. If you have to convince us that it's evidence, then it's probably not actually evidence.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-28-2008, 12:45 AM   #85
Nedak
Beelzebozo

^
Then again, you can't even consider that evidence.

He has faith that his mother loves him. For all we know, she could be an awful mother and faking it.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:51 AM   #86
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
I was hoping to address the reasonableness of the statement. Is it reasonable to accept that he has a mother that loves him? Absolutely. Why? Because there is empirical evidence that he has a mother and empirical evidence that mothers tend to love their children. To say that this argument would be difficult to prove is inaccurate.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-28-2008, 10:26 AM   #87
Nedak
Beelzebozo

Very true, I see what you're saying.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Senate Chambers > 10 questions that every intelligent Christian must answer