lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Should there be romance in KOTOR III?
Yes 18 35.29%
Yes, but optional 26 50.98%
No 3 5.88%
Dosen't matter to me 4 7.84%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: KOTOR III needs more Romance!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-19-2007, 12:00 AM   #121
JediMasterJambi
Rookie

Location: I'm In The Box Right Next To You, The One With The Floating Disembodied Head In It
Thumbs up Darth Vader Loves Soap Operas

I'm not as big of a romantic..ist...>. > as Fey is, but I have to full-heartly agree. For the optional-yes atleast
JediMasterJambi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-19-2007, 07:18 PM   #122
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Current Game: BioShock 2
Forum Veteran 
I don't mind romance being in the game. I never really "experienced" it in the first game. Have yet to play TSL. But, I have no problem with romance being in the game as long as it is clean and respectable.

Commander Obi-Wan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2007, 04:22 PM   #123
xhagast
Lurker

Thumbs up Romance

I love the romance. I get a kick out of it. besides, it adds verosimilitude to the game. I mean, people of both sexes locked together, fighting, learning about each other's every secret. Things are bound to happen between them.

In normal life you hardly ever learn what kind of person you are with until years have passed. And by then may be too late. It is a big problem. But when you have been in the trenches with someone, fought together, suffered and shared together then you know them for who they really are.

And after enduring all that that they leave their dirty underwear on the bedroom floor is not that big a deal. This is how I feel.
xhagast is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2007, 05:17 AM   #124
Canderous_ordo1
Rookie

id probably be really happy if there was NO ROMANCE AT ALL i never did really like it take it from me if there was several explosions and possibly a lot more battles like ten times harder then any so far so take it from me the game is just better without the ROMANCE so i say no ROMANCE

IM HERE IF YOU WANT SOMETHING DONE RIGHT

A TRUE WARRIOR IS ONE THAT CAN BEAT IT DOWN EVERY TIME IT RAISES ITS HEAD
Canderous_ordo1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2007, 09:47 AM   #125
Hamburg_Yodaman
Lurker

Location: Hamburg, State of Hamburg but temporally in Cluj, Romania
If we will have Bastila in the game, of course I want to have romance. And sex scenes... grrr.... just a joke. No, but this little techtelmechtel with Bastila in KotOR was really funny. I enjoyed it to make her upset and so on. With Carth I think the love story was too serious. With Bastila it was much more fun. And in KotOR II, ok, I liked Atton but the affairs with the others where too boring. (Still, I dream of having dirty talkings with Kreia, uh, she was a sexy beast, wasnt she?)
Hamburg_Yodaman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2007, 06:11 PM   #126
Darca Lar
Forumite

Current Game: Dragon Age Origins
rrrrrrriiiiigh......t...

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow, a mystery. Today is a gift...that is why it is called the present.
Darca Lar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2007, 06:33 PM   #127
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburg_Yodaman
If we will have Bastila in the game, of course I want to have romance. And sex scenes... grrr.... just a joke. No, but this little techtelmechtel with Bastila in KotOR was really funny. I enjoyed it to make her upset and so on. With Carth I think the love story was too serious. With Bastila it was much more fun. And in KotOR II, ok, I liked Atton but the affairs with the others where too boring. (Still, I dream of having dirty talkings with Kreia, uh, she was a sexy beast, wasnt she?)
So what you're saying is that K3 should be done by Rockstar?

Nah, that would just mean there would be objections to the game even before it comes out and before anyone knows what's actually in it

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2007, 06:38 PM   #128
Nancy Allen``
Banned

So no romance, just sex and violence? Ugh, men.

Just on that I'm not sure I'm going to like the new Force Unleashed game, from what I know you play a Sith hunting down and killing the remaining Jedi, but apparently you are romantically involved with your female Imperial pilot. I wonder how that might turn out.
Nancy Allen`` is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2007, 06:44 PM   #129
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Allen``

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-23-2007, 03:43 PM   #130
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Quote:
Well, violence is great, and sex is... sex. But i think kotor is not about minigames of charging up the loading ramps... Yes, I would like some romance in k3. No I do not want it to be like a date sim, where you spend most of the timer courting your girl rather than doing things you should be doing, like, saving the stupid galaxy from utter destruction. And please make a more reasonable love interest. No, something like a jedi-stalking pervert is not my idea of a love interest.

Quote:
Just on that I'm not sure I'm going to like the new Force Unleashed game, from what I know you play a Sith hunting down and killing the remaining Jedi, but apparently you are romantically involved with your female Imperial pilot. I wonder how that might turn out.
I sincerely hope that the canon story would not be sopmething like the typical "bad guy turn good and join the good guys"
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-23-2007, 05:51 PM   #131
Nancy Allen``
Banned

Given this takes place right on the heels of Revenge of the Sith I doubt it. I wouldn't be surprised if there were kill Ayyla and Padme mini games given how bad you're meant to be.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:13 AM   #132
JediMasterJambi
Rookie

Location: I'm In The Box Right Next To You, The One With The Floating Disembodied Head In It
Exclamation Anakin: Were is Padme? Sidious: Shes dead. Anakin: NOOOOOOOOOOO!

And for you you romance haters, you must alll remember that it ties very heavily into the Star Wars storyline.
JediMasterJambi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2007, 07:12 PM   #133
Darca Lar
Forumite

Of course it does. Because that's how Anakin fell, and how Han and Leia got together and had the prodigal "Anakin Solo" as a son, which actually also had a sad story. I guess the Anakin name is cursed.

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow, a mystery. Today is a gift...that is why it is called the present.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:33 PM   #134
spark91
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMasterJambi
And for you you romance haters, you must alll remember that it ties very heavily into the Star Wars storyline.
your right no matter what people think romance is gonna be in the game. if there will be more romance depend on the characters that will appear in the game and their relationship
spark91 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-16-2007, 03:57 PM   #135
Darca Lar
Forumite

Absolutely, Star Wars contains all sorts of emotions, just watch the movies. There's love, hate, sadness, and happiness. All those qualities make a good movie or video game RPG.

Old 07-17-2007, 09:32 PM   #136
The Source
Rest In Peace

Contest winner - Modding 
Personally, I bought KotOR II based upon my experience with KotOR I. Yeah. I do admit there is a heavier PC orientated storyarch in KotOR II, but there is more variety in KotOR I. One of the reasons why I bought KotOR II is the romance with Bastila, which I experienced when playing KotOR I. I like the approach to the storyarch in KotOR I, for it built upon a more closer releationship with you and a NPC. Since there was practically 'no' romantic releationships in KotOR II, I would like to see it implimented in the third game.

What I will end up doing this time is waiting.

R.I.P. to 'The Source' and 'MacCorp'
2004-2008
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2007, 10:27 PM   #137
Darca Lar
Forumite

And waiting......

Old 07-17-2007, 10:53 PM   #138
Nightsister II
Lurker

Defiantly needs more... or any for that matter!
Nightsister II is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-18-2007, 04:23 AM   #139
Reclaimer
Loves Keira Knightley.

I say no to Kotor 3 all together.

...or atleast til BioWare makes it, and cuts out cheesy romance options.

philla は陰茎のハハのwat の名前をであるそのlmfao のゲイの名前吸う
Reclaimer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-05-2007, 06:35 AM   #140
importedbeer
Lurker

It is more than whether Jedis can give into their emotions or not. Frankly, it will boil down to who develops the game. Obsidian is incredibly talented, but they do not enjoy writing romances and it reflects in their in game romances. Chris Avellone has said he likes "hatemances" and loathes writing the somewhat happy ending sorts. On the other hand David Gaider of Bioware is a die hard romantic and seems to have a lot of fun with creating enjoyable romances -jedi code be damned

Frankly, any type of close bond between the PC and her/his fellow NPCs add to the role-playing experience- be they close friendships, enemity or romances. Where things go bad is if there is a romance and it totally sucks. Which from my experience is more of a risk with Obsidian who puts in romances because their fans like it- but they are not entirely "convincing".
importedbeer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-11-2007, 02:45 PM   #141
Thresk Chance
Lurker

Actually, the female can kiss, if you get far enough.
I liked the romance subplots, they gave you something to do. (no pun intended)
I think that in KOTOR I, the first romance subplots were kinda just being a flirt, until the very end.

It's like getting drunk at a bar and then telling someone you think they're hot, then when you become sober, you both say that you love eachother.

:P
Thresk Chance is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-11-2007, 02:49 PM   #142
Thresk Chance
Lurker

[QUOTE=importedbeer]It is more than whether Jedis can give into their emotions or not. Frankly, it will boil down to who develops the game. Obsidian is incredibly talented, but they do not enjoy writing romances and it reflects in their in game romances. Chris Avellone has said he likes "hatemances" and loathes writing the somewhat happy ending sorts.

Yeah, Obisidian entertainment didn't seem the like the romance subplot, only the guys all hating on each other. I really didn't enjoy the game, particularly on peragasus when you had to fend off sith troopers with the gun on the ship, and it was in the manual, but you only had to do it once.

Thresk Chance is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-11-2007, 03:36 PM   #143
Corinthian
Banned

Frankly, TSL would have been better if they had cut out all the male romances altogether. I haven't played female yet, so I can't really speculate on how bad those two are. I can't imagine they're much better.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-11-2007, 03:42 PM   #144
Nancy Allen``
Banned

I dunno how much of a geek this is going to make me but the romance in Wing Commander was better than in TSL.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:16 AM   #145
OfficerDonNZ
Rookie

There is nothing like a romance thread to get everyone worked up. I for one hope that if we get KotOR 3 there had better be romaces in it otherwise I very much doubt I'll bother. I still replay KotOR but I just can't bring myself to put up with KotOR 2 because there isn't any romace at all (and what there is, is questionable at best) I have beaten the game once howver and well it was lacking. But that's nother thing all togeather.

We have Davied Gandier to thank for the Bastila and Carth romaces as he wrote both of them. Also I saw Juhani mnetioned. Yes Bioware had intended for her to be romaced by a female PC but from what I'm managed to peice together over the years just prior to the game going gold LA said no pull it so that's what Bioware had to do and in rather a hurry. So that's why there is still some of Juhnai's romace in the game but it's rather random if it fires or not.

And ever wonder why KotOR 2 suffered so badly where the 'romances' were concerned (and I use the term very loosely) I'll tell you or rather I'll let Chris Avellone who was K2's kead desinger tell you. The following was taken from a post of his on the Neverwinter Nights 2 boards.

Quote:
I wished I believed in romance more than Bioware. I just can't write it unless one of the pair gets impaled on a pike, set on fire, or betrays the other and then impales them on a pike or sets them on fire. Generally, I prefer unrequited, melancholy, quiet suffering whenever possible, which really doesn't go over well with a lot of the role-players out there.

And yes Neverwinter Nights 2 suffers just as badly as what K2 dose if not more so.

The Knight Capatin's Rogue

A Male Knight Captain/Neeshka Romance/Adventure A NWN2 OC Fiction
OfficerDonNZ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-30-2008, 04:50 AM   #146
goldberry
Forumite

haha dead topic, much? :P

Personally I think that the whole romance thing should be optional; it's not everyone's cup of tea, and while I would like to see something a little deeper than shown in previous installments that's clearly not the general consensus that everyone shares.

goldberry is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-30-2008, 11:29 PM   #147
Sgt. Strike
Rookie

I personally think there should be some romance in the game, well, actually, better defined than it was in TSL, much like in KOTOR. There was definite romance in that one. And don't forget Juhani. No matter what sex you were, she was another of Revan's interests. But if you were female, Carth was interested in you. If you were male, then Bastila. That ideal should be brought back into the game for K3.

When everything else fails, CHEAT!
Sgt. Strike is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-01-2008, 08:37 AM   #148
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
And don't forget Juhani. No matter what sex you were, she was another of Revan's interests.
Gross.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-09-2008, 07:59 AM   #149
selty
Rookie

I honestly can say I liked how Carth/Female Revan's plot was done. It was very sincere and it didn't rely on sexual innuendo to keep others interested.

To me, it had a real feeling to it, TSL was just sexual tension and off-screen hinting, it had a promise that went nowhere which left the ending with a bitter feeling.

With Carth, I felt Revan and him really did love eachother. Not only was there the cute flirting toward the beginning, but the teasing turned into something deeper, and it felt like a real romance story.

Carth would go anywhere with Revan and do anything for her, and she the same! His confession to her was so heart-warming and sweet. I loved it.

Hmm, I had a point...

Basically, I hope they elaborate on what they did in Kotor 1 and 2, yet let us fully explore the relationship, the little things are what make it.

Quote:
And ever wonder why KotOR 2 suffered so badly where the 'romances' were concerned (and I use the term very loosely) I'll tell you or rather I'll let Chris Avellone who was K2's kead desinger tell you. The following was taken from a post of his on the Neverwinter Nights 2 boards.
Romance in NWN2 was so bloody terrible because:
1. There was something with Bishop and his godawful voice acting but it went somewhere off in fairy land
2. Casavir decided to suddenly fall for you out of the blue. You could tell it was pretty rushed and all they could manage to cook up was the very un-sentimental confession.

Kotor 2 had a little more in that department, only a little though hehe :P

Last edited by selty; 05-09-2008 at 08:31 AM.
selty is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-09-2008, 09:25 AM   #150
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

I enjoyed the romance storyline in K1 too for a male Revan with Bastila. It was also touching, especially at the end with her redemption (LS).
Gurges-Ahter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2008, 10:26 AM   #151
Kas'!m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light of the Fey
KOTOR I Problems with Romance: Well for Male Revan and Bastila it was alright. I mean they got to kiss in their romance scene and everything. Just Female Revan and Carth really stunk! I mean they didn't even kiss. Also when she goes to fight Malak he never says "I love you be careful," or anything. Plus when he says he loves her he doesn't even meet eye contact! Whats with that!?!

KOTOR II Problems: There was no romance AT all for females. All Atton and Disciple did was argue over who was better for her. No kiss, no hug, no nothing. That was really disappointing cause I wanted Disciple to go away. I liked Atton. XD

KOTOR III needs: They need a mix between KOTOR I + II in the romance but they also need added. Like for example, maybe an argument between two females for males, and maybe an argument between two females for males. Like the feud Atton and Disciple had. Also, when they finally get to the "I love yous" they need to meet eye contact! Kiss + Hug stuff. No "I can't wait till this is over"

Rule: <.< >.> Also...NO FLAMMING YOU EMOTIONLESS PEOPLE! <.< >.> Sorry, I am just a Romance lover. Also, Carth haters please don't put me down. Just Carth was a cutie. :P

Edit: Do not make this offensive please. I do not want this to be a removed thread. I'd appreciate some serious posts not just jokes. No more talking about gay/lesbian relationships as well. No more. Its getting inappropriate. Thank you. For the romance let the developers decide. Now talk about what should be added except gay-lesbian relationships. Thank you.

Note: Romance is Optional in all the games.

Yeah, we need a sex scene like Mass Effect
Kas'!m is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2008, 11:55 AM   #152
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMasterJambi
Yeah there's no way around the Romance story... I was watching the videos on the TFU website, and one of Lucas' requirements was a love story in order for TFU to get the green light. He requires it.
Gurges-Ahter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > KOTOR III needs more Romance!