lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Where are all the adults online?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-30-2006, 02:11 AM   #1
TegSkywalker
Old School JKMAG

Where are all the adults online?

Halo 2 was bad enough, but it seems lately whenever I want to play BFII online with my Xbox, it is a bunch of 12 year olds. I am talking about the ones that yell and scream and sound like girls as they bicker back and forth.

Who here is also losing interest in BFII because it seems the older and more mature gamers have moved on while the kiddies stayed..

Xbox 360 Gamer Card (requires Windows Live™ ID)
My Gaming Homepage (Blog, Games, Stats, etc.)
TegSkywalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-30-2006, 02:27 AM   #2
fortune faded13
Rookie

usually games with a lot of people are adults. everytime i join a 15-30 person game, almost all i hear are adults. its really annoying when all these little boys are online screaming into the microphone.
fortune faded13 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-30-2006, 03:35 AM   #3
TSR
Hoist the colours!

Current Game: Rift
Forum Veteran LF Jester Helpful! 
sorry. all the "adults" are usually impaled on the end of my speeder bike :xP:
yeh, i agree. that's if the lag doesnt totally pi*s me off first. on xbox liv, its been practically unplayable lately.
TSR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2006, 01:06 AM   #4
JokotoFett
Rookie

Well, here's one more adult that agrees. I am 35 years old and don't see any need for screaming. I just like to enjoy the game and play with some good people.

JokotFett, One bad Mandalorian
JokotoFett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2006, 02:02 AM   #5
zerted
Click Center of Circle: O

I can't say about the consoles, but on the PCs, the main time I see a bunch of kids wineing and cursing at each other is on the Hero Assualt servers. I don't see many typing insualts back and forth on other maps.

(I may not agree with thoughts posted under this name)
Looking for a mature clan? Checkout www.rdhclan.net
email/PM me for more info
zerted is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2006, 06:08 AM   #6
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

It's usually kids/teenagers playing consoles online so just get used to it, you're sounding like a whiny 12 year old.

"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

MachineCult is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2006, 06:16 AM   #7
TSR
Hoist the colours!

Current Game: Rift
Forum Veteran LF Jester Helpful! 
Although itas a hell of a lot worse on halo 2 live...(shudders)

British By Birth. English By The Grace Of God

Dulce et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori
Let Mercy Come
TSR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2006, 08:20 PM   #8
Darth Andrew
Veteran

I wish I knew, as I can't play online.
Darth Andrew is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2006, 03:13 PM   #9
Bane706
Rookie

I'm 26 and loved playing video games as a kid, but I knew what I was doing .The kids that are on their headsets saying " can you hear me" like twenty times b4 someone tells them ,"Yes we can hear you and shut the f*ck up". The ones that fill up the servers and just suck at the game gets me. Practice offline damn. Anyway there's my 2 cents.

Bane706 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2006, 05:35 PM   #10
swphreak
My cabbages!!!

10 year veteran! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
I am about to ban the whole lot of you. In the future, press that little report post button, and it will be taken care of.
swphreak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2006, 11:20 PM   #11
Maxsom
Rookie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane706
I'm 26 and loved playing video games as a kid, but I knew what I was doing .The kids that are on their headsets saying " can you hear me" like twenty times b4 someone tells them ,"Yes we can hear you and shut the f*ck up". The ones that fill up the servers and just suck at the game gets me. Practice offline damn. Anyway there's my 2 cents.
When someone says "Can you hear me?" the first time, tell them "Yes.". Don't wait twenty times by which time you start to get angry.

Maxsom is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-17-2007, 12:29 PM   #12
Tommy23er
Lurker

Well, whenever i play online
all i hear is young people screaming
like their dieing. it really annoys
me.
Tommy23er is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-18-2007, 06:08 PM   #13
jawathehutt
Its 5 o'clock somewhere

Current Game: Age of Empires II
Some how I doubt your an adult or even above the age of 14

"Everyone that posts here is aware of the game, thanks though." ET
"It is Lucasarts"~ LordJhredmo
jawathehutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2007, 11:42 PM   #14
TripHammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerted
I can't say about the consoles, but on the PCs, the main time I see a bunch of kids wineing and cursing at each other is on the Hero Assualt servers. I don't see many typing insualts back and forth on other maps.
Yea.. I'd agree.. not many winey kids playing the pc version.. they are there of course.. but there are winey adults too . But I would guess there's more adults with PC's than XBOX.

TripHammer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-01-2007, 10:27 PM   #15
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Turn off the audio receptors.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-02-2007, 01:22 AM   #16
JoeDoe 2.0
n - 1

I love to hear the n00bs screaming at their xbox:

"OMFG no way you cheated or sumtin man"
"****ing team mates"
"Aw come on!!"
"This sucks big time"

And it gets better when we battle in clans and beat them badly, they always fight with their team members, making them easy targets, lol

JoeDoe 2.0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2007, 05:38 AM   #17
Rogue Warrior
Banned

This is exactly why I stay away from online. The experience is ruined for me and I have plenty of other things to occupy my time.
Rogue Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2007, 09:40 PM   #18
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Warrior
This is exactly why I stay away from online. The experience is ruined for me and I have plenty of other things to occupy my time.
True. About online games, the first thing you must do to have your fun is to make yourself a community or join one.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2008, 05:42 AM   #19
Cydonian
Lurker

I wish I had the Internet connection for my PS2, then I could play against fellow adults. I hate playing against teenagers, who think that they have the right to ruin the experience for gamers like myself, by swearing and being generally obnoxious. They really put me off and due to them I now avoid playing PC games, and I only play console games.

_____
MUSE
Cydonian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2008, 11:39 AM   #20
iron snake
Rookie

Don't sterotipe us like that, I have not once shouted or screamed anything down my headset on the PS2 and I've seen a couple of adults go crazy on a headset.Seriously why do all adults seem to think were all trying to be annoying some are annoying but not all.
iron snake is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2008, 02:54 PM   #21
Bs|Rogue52
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cydonian
I wish I had the Internet connection for my PS2, then I could play against fellow adults. I hate playing against teenagers, who think that they have the right to ruin the experience for gamers like myself, by swearing and being generally obnoxious. They really put me off and due to them I now avoid playing PC games, and I only play console games.
Its really about who you play with and where you decide to play, some PC servers better manage banned words, and some don't, and teamspeak can be made private so that you can chat with people with like personalities.

Once you get an Internet connection for your PS2 or like console you'll notice the situations are very alike, its just about who you and when you choose to listen.

I hope your experiences don't deter you from the rest of the PC world because there are still many mature individuals around.

Acta Non Verba
Bs|Rogue52 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2008, 07:47 AM   #22
Cydonian
Lurker

Well I prefer to catch up with my mates and play at their houses or only with them. This limits the chance of having teenagers who ruin the gaming experience. My mate has a website and there are a lot of adult gamers like myself, and every so often we get together and play games with each other. I also accept that not every teenager is obnoxious, in fact this site has a few younger members, but I would not bother with playing against teenagers as more often than not, from my experiences, they are more interested in putting people down and being generally abusive rather than having fun with the game.

_____
MUSE
Cydonian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2008, 11:43 AM   #23
jawathehutt
Its 5 o'clock somewhere

Current Game: Age of Empires II
I would say your definition of the group thats most annoying can be specified to the ages between 11 and 15. I know from experience of being a member of that group(shudder) that that is when most people are A extremely homophobic, B think AOL speak and 1337 is the coolest thing to ever happen and C think they're better than everyone, and if anyone is better than them then they're clearly cheating. It doesnt happen to everyone but I do notice that once people get to be 16 and 17 they figure out that 1337 makes you look like a complete idiot, they're not the best and well some people never grow up about the homophobic stuff. If you want an example of this, look at my very first posts on this forum, if I had time I would edit them and make them in English, however I dont have time to translate whatever I wrote back then out of catonkeyboard landguage.

"Everyone that posts here is aware of the game, thanks though." ET
"It is Lucasarts"~ LordJhredmo
jawathehutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2008, 04:33 PM   #24
Bs|Rogue52
Rookie

Jawa that is the most accurate description of that age i have ever read.
It also seems there are so many 11-15 year olds because they have nothing to do and are always online with seemingless unending time to call everything "gay" and themselves "1337"

I remember the days when i thought aol and aim where the greatest things invented.

Acta Non Verba
Bs|Rogue52 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront II > Console Discussion (PS2/XBOX/PSP) > Where are all the adults online?