lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Prove that jesus is imaginary in less than 5 minutes
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-2008, 11:11 AM   #10
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrdias View Post
In what do you believe anyway? I mean, who/what created the universe and all?
I believe in whatever the evidence supports. As for the creation of the universe, all the evidence points toward the big bang. Who/what caused the big bang is still a little fuzzy, but that isn't a problem for me. "I don't know" is vastly more satisfying than making something up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin View Post
Thank you for the link - It was very interesting.
I'm glad that you enjoyed it.

Quote:
A couple of things:
Firstly, I agree with the idea that he described - God caused the big bang and then evolution and such followed.
Err...I think you may have misinterpreted what he said.

He does not argue that god caused the big bang at all. He mentions that pre-big bang is one of the only remaining hiding places for our "god of the gaps". Even then, the idea that "goddidit" isn't an answer because it doesn't provide any details.

So again, I think you might have taken some liberties with what was said

Quote:
I know it's fiction, but that thought reminds me of this video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=vtNdYsoool8 (At least it's based on facts.)
Scopes may be an old case, but I hope that it scares everyone just a little bit to know that it's still being fought in our court rooms.

Quote:
Second of all, I thusly know that the Holy Bible can't be completely correct. But the errors in words written by humans (with human biases and perceptions) about something divine do not convince me that God Himself can not exist.
Everything that we've been told about god and jesus comes from the bible. If you accept that the bible is not extant and most likely contains errors, then you also accept that what we've been told is incomplete and could be wrong.

Rational thought does not start with a position, only to abandon it only after it has been sufficiently disproved. This is because there are some ideas that cannot be disproved. You can look and look and look, but just because you didn't find Russell's teapot where you looked, doesn't mean that it isn't somewhere else. Instead, rational thinking encourages us to be skeptical of fantastic claims until we have sufficient evidence to accept them.

By the standard that you've adopted, you must also accept islam, paganism, the flying spaghetti monster, invisible pink unicorns, and every other god, demigod, faeries, etc invented by the mind of man just as wholly as you do "God". If you do not, sir, then you being extremely hypocritical.

Take care, my friend

Last edited by Achilles; 06-17-2008 at 01:17 PM. Reason: finishing my sentences :(
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Senate Chambers > Prove that jesus is imaginary in less than 5 minutes