lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Prove that jesus is imaginary in less than 5 minutes
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-17-2008, 11:11 AM   #121
Achilles
Dapper Chimp
 
Achilles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 8,204
Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrdias View Post
In what do you believe anyway? I mean, who/what created the universe and all?
I believe in whatever the evidence supports. As for the creation of the universe, all the evidence points toward the big bang. Who/what caused the big bang is still a little fuzzy, but that isn't a problem for me. "I don't know" is vastly more satisfying than making something up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin View Post
Thank you for the link - It was very interesting.
I'm glad that you enjoyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin View Post
A couple of things:
Firstly, I agree with the idea that he described - God caused the big bang and then evolution and such followed.
Err...I think you may have misinterpreted what he said.

He does not argue that god caused the big bang at all. He mentions that pre-big bang is one of the only remaining hiding places for our "god of the gaps". Even then, the idea that "goddidit" isn't an answer because it doesn't provide any details.

So again, I think you might have taken some liberties with what was said

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin View Post
I know it's fiction, but that thought reminds me of this video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=vtNdYsoool8 (At least it's based on facts.)
Scopes may be an old case, but I hope that it scares everyone just a little bit to know that it's still being fought in our court rooms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin View Post
Second of all, I thusly know that the Holy Bible can't be completely correct. But the errors in words written by humans (with human biases and perceptions) about something divine do not convince me that God Himself can not exist.
Everything that we've been told about god and jesus comes from the bible. If you accept that the bible is not extant and most likely contains errors, then you also accept that what we've been told is incomplete and could be wrong.

Rational thought does not start with a position, only to abandon it only after it has been sufficiently disproved. This is because there are some ideas that cannot be disproved. You can look and look and look, but just because you didn't find Russell's teapot where you looked, doesn't mean that it isn't somewhere else. Instead, rational thinking encourages us to be skeptical of fantastic claims until we have sufficient evidence to accept them.

By the standard that you've adopted, you must also accept islam, paganism, the flying spaghetti monster, invisible pink unicorns, and every other god, demigod, faeries, etc invented by the mind of man just as wholly as you do "God". If you do not, sir, then you being extremely hypocritical.

Take care, my friend

Last edited by Achilles; 06-17-2008 at 01:17 PM. Reason: finishing my sentences :(
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2008, 12:00 PM   #122
EnderWiggin
Sine Amore Nihil Est Vita
 
EnderWiggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,395
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
Err...I think you may have misinterpreted what he said.
He does not argue that god caused the big bang at all. He mentions that pre-big bang is one of the only remaining hiding places for our "god of the gaps". Even then, the idea that "goddidit" isn't an answer because it doesn't provide any details.

So again, I think you might have taken some liberties with what was said
No, I just wasn't clear with how I worded the last post. I know he wasn't supporting this claim. He actually was kind of refuting it; I was just identifying it as the one that I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
Everything that we've been told about god and jesus comes from the bible. If you accept that the bible is not extant and most likely contains errors, then you also accept that what we've been told is incomplete and could be wrong.
Perhaps incomplete, but not totally false as you claim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
By the standard that you've adopted, you must also accept islam, paganism, the flying spaghetti monster, invisible pink unicorns, and every other god, demigod, faeries, etc invented by the mind of man just as wholly as you do "God". If you do not, sir, then you being extremely hypocritical.
I'm not sure if I can adequately present a counterpoint here. Perhaps I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
Take care, my fir
Fir?
I would assume you mean friend.
Either way, same to you

_EW_



Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black. ~ Prime

Yes, I hate you.

J7 - thanks for accepting me as part of the 'family.'
EnderWiggin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2008, 01:24 PM   #123
Achilles
Dapper Chimp
 
Achilles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 8,204
Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin View Post
No, I just wasn't clear with how I worded the last post. I know he wasn't supporting this claim. He actually was kind of refuting it; I was just identifying it as the one that I believe.
Okay. Thanks for clarifying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin View Post
Perhaps incomplete, but not totally false as you claim.
I don't claim that it's "totally false". I do recognize that there is no reason to believe any of it without evidence, that there are other explanations that do not require such hypothesis, and that the story that is presented is not special or unique in a historical context. But that's not the same thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin View Post
I'm not sure if I can adequately present a counterpoint here. Perhaps I am.
No, my friend, I don't imagine that you can

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin View Post
Fir?
I would assume you mean friend.
Either way, same to you
That's what I get for trying to post and get ready for work at the same time.

It's fixed now. Thanks for the catch
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2008, 11:36 PM   #124
M@RS
The New Tax Collector
 
M@RS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Thailand
Posts: 1,898
I don't know if anyone's said this yet, but I'll say it...
God's like the wind, you can't see him or the wind but you can see the effects around you (IE:The trees blowing in a certain direction, leaves blowing in that direction) ( IE. Miracles, Supernatural things happening) stuff like that . If God didn't exist because we couldn't see him, then you don't have a brain because I don't see it...see where that goes, I hope that helps


Looks like a fruit cake to me. - Brutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
M@RS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2008, 11:50 PM   #125
Tyrion
nothing is real
 
Tyrion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: no one I think is in my tree, I mean it must be high or low
Posts: 6,917
LF Jester Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by M@RS View Post
I don't know if anyone's said this yet, but I'll say it...
God's like the wind, you can't see him or the wind but you can see the effects around you (IE:The trees blowing in a certain direction, leaves blowing in that direction) ( IE. Miracles, Supernatural things happening) stuff like that . If God didn't exist because we couldn't see him, then you don't have a brain because I don't see it...see where that goes, I hope that helps
You can study the wind. You can study the brain.

You can't, beyond the use of the assembled musings of a very human multitude of philosophers, priests, and preachers, study God.



Tyrion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2008, 11:57 PM   #126
M@RS
The New Tax Collector
 
M@RS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Thailand
Posts: 1,898
You can't see it though, sure you can study wind, wind speed, wind chill things like that but, you can't see it, God's just like that, you can't see him but you can see him affect the world, like I said in my last post, miracles, the supernatural...I've seen demonized people get healed and released from the shackles of that demon, it's pretty radical, I've seen legs grow up to two inches, you can't just tell me they had a growth spurt in one leg the same time the whole church was praying for it to grow, God made it grow...he's like the wind...


Looks like a fruit cake to me. - Brutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
M@RS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2008, 12:00 AM   #127
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past
 
Astrotoy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 10,284
Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
The notion of the existence of any individual or phenomenon can only be perpetuated in our minds and what we imagine that individual or phenomenon to be like.

Without the human imagination, there is no perpetuation of thought.

field test 1:
I asked my cat if he would tell his descendants and colleagues about Jesus(et al), he looked at me blankly.

field test 2:
I asked my pet bansai tree if it would divulge its ruminations about Jesus(et al), it offered no response

field test 3:
I asked my animated Italian neighbour about his ruminations about Jesus. An hour later, I retreated to my medicine cabinet, for two capsules of paracetamol.

We humans assume we are awfully special, dont we !!!

mtfbwya


Asinus asinum fricat

Last edited by Astrotoy7; 06-25-2008 at 12:10 AM.
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2008, 12:02 AM   #128
M@RS
The New Tax Collector
 
M@RS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Thailand
Posts: 1,898
You didn't really believe it would happen, besides it was really a mockery, you weren't serious and God isn't going to play stupid games like that...


Looks like a fruit cake to me. - Brutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
M@RS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2008, 12:08 AM   #129
Tyrion
nothing is real
 
Tyrion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: no one I think is in my tree, I mean it must be high or low
Posts: 6,917
LF Jester Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by M@RS View Post
You can't see it though, sure you can study wind, wind speed, wind chill things like that but, you can't see it, God's just like that, you can't see him but you can see him affect the world, like I said in my last post, miracles, the supernatural...I've seen demonized people get healed and released from the shackles of that demon, it's pretty radical, I've seen legs grow up to two inches, you can't just tell me they had a growth spurt in one leg the same time the whole church was praying for it to grow, God made it grow...he's like the wind...
The fact that our senses are limited is not proof there is a God. A horde of invisible purple elephants could be the root behind both wind and gravity - the elephant bloweth and the elephant sitteth on us. They cannot be discerned by any sense, and they have complete omnipotency; as such, how can any deny their divinity?

Oh, and demons are only the masquerades of invisible mice. They are the immortal enemies of the elephants, for they are tiny and confined to our cupboards and closets. The only moment of respite for the mice is to infest ordinary humans and play tricks on them.

On a slightly more serious note, how do you determine that the phenomenons of the natural world are caused by any particular God or gods? How do you know it is God, not Allah, not Vishnu, Zeus, Juno, or Thor?

Quote:
God isn't going to play stupid games like that...
What a display of hubris you show. Evidently, you know what God is not going to do.



Tyrion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2008, 12:18 AM   #130
M@RS
The New Tax Collector
 
M@RS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Thailand
Posts: 1,898
Because from what I've learned about them, they're pretty cruel to their followers or very strict, with God, there are only a couple of rules you need to follow, pray, read the bible, go to church, ask god into your heart, witness, tithe, and you're going to heaven.

Wouldn't you want to follow a few rules and have an awesome eternity living in a mansion, no tears, no pain, and streets of gold, think about it, isn't it better than dying and that's it, Evolution really points that direction, I'd prefer dying and going to Heaven

AND, quit with the mockery okay. I'm frankly rather FREAKING SICK OF IT. I'm just making a point...that's all


Looks like a fruit cake to me. - Brutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
M@RS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2008, 12:27 AM   #131
Tyrion
nothing is real
 
Tyrion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: no one I think is in my tree, I mean it must be high or low
Posts: 6,917
LF Jester Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by M@RS View Post
Because from what I've learned about them, they're pretty cruel to their followers or very strict, with God, there are only a couple of rules you need to follow, pray, read the bible, go to church, ask god into your heart, witness, tithe, and you're going to heaven.
I take it you're not a Catholic, then.

Quick question, though: is the God of the Old Testament the same as the New Testament?

Quote:
Wouldn't you want to follow a few rules and have an awesome eternity living in a mansion, no tears, no pain, and streets of gold, think about it, isn't it better than dying and that's it, Evolution really points that direction, I'd prefer dying and going to Heaven
Pascal's wager. If God does exist, I figure there's really only two outcomes to my choice. The first one is that I steadfastly adhere to my evidently flawed attempt to use reason to guide my beliefs: he'll either see me as plucky and reward me for my well intended effort, or doom me to Hell in spite of it. If I believe only due to Pascal's Wager, he'll see through my bluff (he is God, after all) and smite me down because my spirit isn't true.

Quote:
AND, quit with the mockery okay. I'm frankly rather FREAKING SICK OF IT. I'm just making a point...that's all
It's light hearted satire, and a key component of satire is that it has a message it's trying to bring across.



Tyrion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2008, 12:31 AM   #132
M@RS
The New Tax Collector
 
M@RS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Thailand
Posts: 1,898
The answer to your question yes God is the same in both the old and new testament, why?

Pascal still became a christian...

Quote:
On November 23, 1654, Pascal is said to have been involved in an accident at the Neuilly-sur-Seine bridge where the horses plunged over the parapet and the carriage nearly followed them. Fortunately, the reins broke and the coach hung halfway over the edge. Pascal and his friends emerged unscathed, but the sensitive philosopher, terrified by the nearness of death, fainted away and remained unconscious for some time. Upon recovering fifteen days later, between 10:30 and 12:30 at night, Pascal had an intense religious vision and immediately recorded the experience in a brief note to himself which began: "Fire. God of Abraham, God of Isaac, God of Jacob, not of the philosophers and the scholars…" and concluded by quoting Psalm 119:16: "I will not forget thy word. Amen." He seems to have carefully sewn this document into his coat and always transferred it when he changed clothes; a servant discovered it only by chance after his death.[15] This piece is now known as the Memorial. The story of the carriage accident as having led to the experience described in the Memorial is disputed by some scholars.[16]

His belief and religious commitment revitalized, Pascal visited the older of two convents at Port-Royal for a two-week retreat in January 1655. For the next four years, he regularly travelled between Port-Royal and Paris. It was at this point immediately after his conversion when he began writing his first major literary work on religion, the Provincial Letters.


Looks like a fruit cake to me. - Brutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
M@RS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2008, 12:46 AM   #133
Tyrion
nothing is real
 
Tyrion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: no one I think is in my tree, I mean it must be high or low
Posts: 6,917
LF Jester Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by M@RS View Post
The answer to your question yes God is the same in both the old and new testament, why?

Pascal still became a christian...

Hope you're circumcised and that you don't eat meat with blood still in it.


(Admittedly, this wasn't quite what I had intended. I was going to list examples of particularly violent acts committed by God on humanity like the Flood and Sodom and Gomorrah, but your qualifier that he hasn't hurt his followers puts a damper on such accusations. Nothing comes to mind, anyway.)

Pascal's own belief is irrelevant: I was simply attaching an established scenario to your reasoning.



Tyrion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2008, 01:02 PM   #134
M@RS
The New Tax Collector
 
M@RS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Thailand
Posts: 1,898
The flood and Sodom and Gomorrah was judgement on the people who wouldn't stop sinning even after he told them to...here's something multiple pastors have told me
"God's warnings are his mercies"


Looks like a fruit cake to me. - Brutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
M@RS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2008, 03:16 PM   #135
Tyrion
nothing is real
 
Tyrion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: no one I think is in my tree, I mean it must be high or low
Posts: 6,917
LF Jester Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by M@RS View Post
The flood and Sodom and Gomorrah was judgement on the people who wouldn't stop sinning even after he told them to...here's something multiple pastors have told me
"God's warnings are his mercies"
What keeps him from passing judgment on us today? Nearly all of the world, the Western portion in particular, sins every minute of every day...

(San Francisco would've already been the target of a meteor strike filled with ninja dinosaurs trained in the arts of improvisational nuclear enrichment, is all I'm saying.)



Tyrion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2008, 04:18 PM   #136
Achilles
Dapper Chimp
 
Achilles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 8,204
Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
That's what hurricane Katrina, the cyclone in Burma, the tsunami in Indonesia, etc were...if you ask the leaders of the evangelical movement.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2008, 10:49 PM   #137
EnderWiggin
Sine Amore Nihil Est Vita
 
EnderWiggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,395
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by M@RS View Post
You can't see it though, sure you can study wind, wind speed, wind chill things like that but, you can't see it, God's just like that, you can't see him but you can see him affect the world, like I said in my last post, miracles, the supernatural...I've seen demonized people get healed and released from the shackles of that demon, it's pretty radical, I've seen legs grow up to two inches, you can't just tell me they had a growth spurt in one leg the same time the whole church was praying for it to grow, God made it grow...he's like the wind...
Are you on acid? You're seriously telling me that you saw someone just grow 2 inches over a short time and he sprouted up because God wanted him to? I'm a Christian, but I think that's false.

_EW_



Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black. ~ Prime

Yes, I hate you.

J7 - thanks for accepting me as part of the 'family.'
EnderWiggin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2008, 10:56 PM   #138
M@RS
The New Tax Collector
 
M@RS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Thailand
Posts: 1,898
I've seen it multiple times, people complain of back pains, the pastor puts them in a chair and sees that one leg is shorter than the other, the leg grows and the pain is gone...it's really cool to see the person's face when they realize their pain is gone it's awesome...one leg grew 2 inches only one...I'm a pastor's son so I can't really get my hands on acid, and if I was on acid, so was the rest of the church who stood around praying and watching...


Looks like a fruit cake to me. - Brutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
M@RS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2008, 11:07 PM   #139
Tyrion
nothing is real
 
Tyrion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: no one I think is in my tree, I mean it must be high or low
Posts: 6,917
LF Jester Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by M@RS View Post
I've seen it multiple times, people complain of back pains, the pastor puts them in a chair and sees that one leg is shorter than the other, the leg grows and the pain is gone...it's really cool to see the person's face when they realize their pain is gone it's awesome...one leg grew 2 inches only one...I'm a pastor's son so I can't really get my hands on acid, and if I was on acid, so was the rest of the church who stood around praying and watching...
No one, of course, got this on video.



Tyrion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2008, 11:42 PM   #140
True_Avery
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by M@RS View Post
I've seen it multiple times, people complain of back pains, the pastor puts them in a chair and sees that one leg is shorter than the other, the leg grows and the pain is gone...it's really cool to see the person's face when they realize their pain is gone it's awesome...one leg grew 2 inches only one..
Proof?

How do your pastor just isn't playing you like an orchestra? He raises his hands, you sing his tune. Ever stood back, used individual thought, and thought about how your pastor could just be spoon feeding you information and "miracles"?

How do you know his leg grew 2 inches? What, your pastor told you? Got film of this happening?

And if this pastor and your church can cure that, why don't you walk around town curing everything? Why don't you hang out in a hospital and cure everybody? What, they not good enough for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@RS
if I was on acid, so was the rest of the church who stood around praying and watching...
This, my friend, is called mob mentality. The pastor says it is happening, gets your adrenaline pumping, then you simply believe god is doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@RS
I'm a pastor's son so I can't really get my hands on acid, and if I was on acid, so was the rest of the church who stood around praying and watching...
Oh, but of course you are. Why would you ever disagree or doubt anything that daddy says?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@RS
Because from what I've learned about them, they're pretty cruel to their followers or very strict, with God, there are only a couple of rules you need to follow, pray, read the bible, go to church, ask god into your heart, witness, tithe, and you're going to heaven.
Learned from your daddy and the church I take it.

God sends you to hell if you disobey him. He demands full loyalty to get into heaven. To me, that sounds like a blood thirsty dictator more than anything. Something that is supposed to love everything sure demands a lot in return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@RS
You can't see it though, sure you can study wind, wind speed, wind chill things like that but, you can't see it, God's just like that, you can't see him but you can see him affect the world, like I said in my last post, miracles, the supernatural..
How convenient for your argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@RS
If God didn't exist because we couldn't see him, then you don't have a brain because I don't see it...see where that goes, I hope that helps
http://www.dailygalaxy.com/photos/un...ief_engine.jpg

Your turn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@RS
Wouldn't you want to follow a few rules and have an awesome eternity living in a mansion, no tears, no pain, and streets of gold, think about it, isn't it better than dying and that's it, Evolution really points that direction, I'd prefer dying and going to Heaven
We all do. Humans fear death. It is a very hard thing to come to terms with.

So, how do we avoid coming to terms with it? We make a fairy tale land of love and flowers to make it more comforting.

People deny evolution and nothingness because it takes away that comfort. How do you keep that comfort? You ignore that which is uncomfortable and hug that which is.

And it is not a few rules. Stop beating around the bush. Your god demands a lot from its followers, and if you do not follow you go to hell.

That isn't a loving father. That is Hitler and his death camps. You conform, or you burn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@RS
The flood and Sodom and Gomorrah was judgement on the people who wouldn't stop sinning even after he told them to...here's something multiple pastors have told me
"God's warnings are his mercies"
Again with the following anything pastors tell you.

Destroying a civilization doesn't sound like mercy at all. If that is his mercy, this world is doomed and every single person in it is going to burn.
True_Avery is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2008, 12:01 AM   #141
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png
 
Det. Bart Lasiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: `(•.°)~
Posts: 7,997
Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion View Post
No one, of course, got this on video.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sRSphEIfejA



"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2008, 12:01 AM   #142
M@RS
The New Tax Collector
 
M@RS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Thailand
Posts: 1,898
1. The pastor wasn't telling us anything, we're a small church and everyone watched, I watched the person's leg grow, it truly was a miracle...if I had film you'd just say, special effects anyone can do it...
2. I watched it happen multiple times
3. I do disagree sometimes what DAD says...
4. I studied mythology and other religions...those Gods are cruel...
5. It's not convenient it's a good arguement
6. That's not a real picture, 3D Rendering is easy, I do it all of the time Yes I know you can see a brain with certain machines, but to the naked eye you can't...
7. Yes death is hard to come to terms with, everyone's scared, but I knew a lady who was coming to church who died, when we went to see her, she encouraged death, she knew it wasn't the end, it was the beginning of a happy eternity
8. The people who don't get saved burn, but if you get save, (IE: God forgive me for what I've done) you go to heaven, there are a few more rules, but if you meet at least this one, I'll see you in heaven


Looks like a fruit cake to me. - Brutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
M@RS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2008, 12:13 AM   #143
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png
 
Det. Bart Lasiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: `(•.°)~
Posts: 7,997
Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Not really conducive to the debate...suffice to say that jmac believes you are a troll m@rs ~ET



"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2008, 12:15 AM   #144
M@RS
The New Tax Collector
 
M@RS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Thailand
Posts: 1,898
Here we are at each other's throats and jmac7142 comes in like a bull in a china shop


Looks like a fruit cake to me. - Brutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
M@RS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2008, 12:18 AM   #145
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png
 
Det. Bart Lasiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: `(•.°)~
Posts: 7,997
Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by M@RS View Post
Here we are at each other's throats and jmac7142 comes in like a bull in a china shop
What, a china shop that's a front for selling LSD?



"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2008, 12:19 AM   #146
M@RS
The New Tax Collector
 
M@RS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Thailand
Posts: 1,898
you won't give up will you?


Looks like a fruit cake to me. - Brutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
M@RS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2008, 12:20 AM   #147
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png
 
Det. Bart Lasiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: `(•.°)~
Posts: 7,997
Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by M@RS View Post
you won't give up will you?
I believe you're the one who's been pulling arguments out of nowhere for the entire thread, friendo.



"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2008, 12:22 AM   #148
M@RS
The New Tax Collector
 
M@RS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Thailand
Posts: 1,898
Yes a little bit, I'll admit that, but I've been thinking about it and reading and stuff so my last few posts have stuff I've thought about for awhile...


Looks like a fruit cake to me. - Brutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
M@RS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2008, 12:24 AM   #149
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png
 
Det. Bart Lasiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: `(•.°)~
Posts: 7,997
Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by M@RS View Post
Yes a little bit, I'll admit that, but I've been thinking about it and reading and stuff so my last few posts have stuff I've thought about for awhile...
Well it's nice that you at least admit that you pulled your arguments out of nowhere. Thanks for getting the fact that you lied to win an internet argument off your chest.



"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2008, 12:27 AM   #150
M@RS
The New Tax Collector
 
M@RS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Thailand
Posts: 1,898
I did not lie, I'm a christian I don't lie, I just said things that weren't relevant that's all...


Looks like a fruit cake to me. - Brutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
M@RS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2008, 12:29 AM   #151
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png
 
Det. Bart Lasiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: `(•.°)~
Posts: 7,997
Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by M@RS View Post
I did not lie, I'm a christian I don't lie, I just said things that weren't relevant that's all...
So you just lied about lying? How can we trust anything you say?



"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2008, 12:30 AM   #152
M@RS
The New Tax Collector
 
M@RS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Thailand
Posts: 1,898
I didn't lie, I just didn't say anything that was RELEVANT, it didn't have to deal with this discussion, it was all true though...


Looks like a fruit cake to me. - Brutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
M@RS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2008, 12:34 AM   #153
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png
 
Det. Bart Lasiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: `(•.°)~
Posts: 7,997
Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
I said you pulled arguments out of nowhere, i.e. they don't have anything to back them up, essentially making them lies. You said you admitted it. Therefore, you are a liar. QED.



"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2008, 12:40 AM   #154
True_Avery
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by M@RS View Post
1. The pastor wasn't telling us anything, we're a small church and everyone watched, I watched the person's leg grow, it truly was a miracle...if I had film you'd just say, special effects anyone can do it...
Says you. You got no proof. No evidence. There is 0 science to suggest that it is possible.

It is impossible. You cannot make someones leg grow simply by hoping. You are in denial and have decided to believe anything your pastor tells you to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@RS
2. I watched it happen multiple times
And I saw some unicorns today. Prove me wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@RS
3. I do disagree sometimes what DAD says...
What a surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@RS
4. I studied mythology and other religions...those Gods are cruel...
Your god destroys cities, kills people, and send nonbelieves to hell. That is about as cruel as it gets, kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@RS
5. It's not convenient it's a good arguement
You have no argument. You have what you believe, but zero to back it up. Sorry, but imagination doesn't make a good argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@RS
6. That's not a real picture, 3D Rendering is easy, I do it all of the time Yes I know you can see a brain with certain machines, but to the naked eye you can't...
Are you kidding me? You don't believe the brain exists?

What the hell do you think is in your body? Light? Cut yourself and see if you bleed. Vomit and see what you ate come out with stomach acid. Jump off a building and feel your bones break. You have organs. You have bones. You have blood. You have a brain.

To deny that is to show ignorance on an absolutely astonishing level.

Go crack your head open and look in a mirror. I can 100% assure you a brain will be there. It is a -fact- that can be proven by that simple action.

Your god, however, cannot be proven so easily. You are comparing a brain to god. A skull can be broken open and a brain can be looked at physically.

Can the same be said for your god? Oh wait, he is invisible. I forgot. I'll just go hang out with my invisible unicorn now.

By the way, here is a real human brain for you:
http://www.smokingisjuststupid.com/brain1.jpg
http://resim.urlax.net/image.aspx/Li...JxPLNiRqnA.jpg

Your turn


Oh, still disagree? Go tell that to everybody with brain trauma and brain tumors you selfish child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@RS
7. Yes death is hard to come to terms with, everyone's scared, but I knew a lady who was coming to church who died, when we went to see her, she encouraged death, she knew it wasn't the end, it was the beginning of a happy eternity
What does that prove? You are going to take the words of an old lady as proof to everything you believe? That is just as bad as taking everything your pastor says as fact.

How do you know she wasn't just scared of death and made the eternity illusion up to make herself, and you feel better? Letting go is very hard, but the thought that you will see them again is very easy to face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@RS
I did not lie, I'm a christian I don't lie, I just said things that weren't relevant that's all...
I laughed. Hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@RS
8. The people who don't get saved burn, but if you get save, (IE: God forgive me for what I've done) you go to heaven, there are a few more rules, but if you meet at least this one, I'll see you in heaven
Again, sounds like Hitler. Do what he says, or off to the death camps with you. A selfish, cruel dictator that demands obedience.

According to your lore, I am going to hell. I am going to burn because of what I was born as. Which means, god set me up from birth to burn in hell from the beginning. That is a sick, twisted thing to do and anybody that follows that logic is just as sick and twisted.
True_Avery is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2008, 12:41 AM   #155
M@RS
The New Tax Collector
 
M@RS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Thailand
Posts: 1,898
Humor me real quick, and read this passage from the NKJV of the Bible of creation if this was real, you tell me if God exists...and read it all, it will make sense later...

Quote:
The History of Creation
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was[a] on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.
3 Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day.
6 Then God said, “Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.” 7 Thus God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament; and it was so. 8 And God called the firmament Heaven. So the evening and the morning were the second day.
9 Then God said, “Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear”; and it was so. 10 And God called the dry land Earth, and the gathering together of the waters He called Seas. And God saw that it was good.
11 Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb that yields seed, and the fruit tree that yields fruit according to its kind, whose seed is in itself, on the earth”; and it was so. 12 And the earth brought forth grass, the herb that yields seed according to its kind, and the tree that yields fruit, whose seed is in itself according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 13 So the evening and the morning were the third day.
14 Then God said, “Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years; 15 and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth”; and it was so. 16 Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also. 17 God set them in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth, 18 and to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 So the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
20 Then God said, “Let the waters abound with an abundance of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the face of the firmament of the heavens.” 21 So God created great sea creatures and every living thing that moves, with which the waters abounded, according to their kind, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 And God blessed them, saying, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth.” 23 So the evening and the morning were the fifth day.
24 Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth the living creature according to its kind: cattle and creeping thing and beast of the earth, each according to its kind”; and it was so. 25 And God made the beast of the earth according to its kind, cattle according to its kind, and everything that creeps on the earth according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.
26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all[b] the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” 27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. 28 Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”
29 And God said, “See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food. 30 Also, to every beast of the earth, to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, in which there is life, I have given every green herb for food”; and it was so. 31 Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good. So the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Footnotes:

1. Genesis 1:2 Words in italic type have been added for clarity. They are not found in the original Hebrew or Aramaic.
2. Genesis 1:26 Syriac reads all the wild animals of.


Looks like a fruit cake to me. - Brutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
M@RS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2008, 12:44 AM   #156
El Sitherino
The Original.
 
El Sitherino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Planet Funkālnite.
Posts: 14,509
Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
I'm pretty sure everyone is familiar with the Judeo-Christiant creation myth.

Bible doesn't prove Jesus isn't imaginary.


“This body is not me. I am not caught in this body.
I am life without limit.”
El Sitherino is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2008, 12:47 AM   #157
M@RS
The New Tax Collector
 
M@RS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Thailand
Posts: 1,898
Just humor and read it like it's a real account of history, pretend a well known historian known for not making things up wrote this down...


Looks like a fruit cake to me. - Brutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
M@RS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2008, 12:53 AM   #158
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png
 
Det. Bart Lasiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: `(•.°)~
Posts: 7,997
Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by M@RS View Post
Just humor and read it like it's a real account of history, pretend a well known historian known for not making things up wrote this down...
I do believe you just called the bible a work of fiction.



"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2008, 12:56 AM   #159
Rev7
I'm a Mage
 
Rev7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,208
Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery View Post
According to your lore, I am going to hell. I am going to burn because of what I was born as.
You don't have to answer this if you don't want to, but what makes you any different from the rest of us?

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2008, 01:00 AM   #160
Rogue Nine
*static*
 
Rogue Nine's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 14,654
Current Game: Bravely Default
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LF Jester 
M@RS, I specifically warned you against quoting and linking things without any extrapolation or effort on your part. Why are you doing this again? This is a debate forum. If you do not know how to debate, then do not post here.

If you continue to post in such a ridiculously stupid fashion, I will start deleting posts and infracting you.




have a suggestion for the lf poll? pm me
Rogue Nine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Senate Chambers > Prove that jesus is imaginary in less than 5 minutes

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:32 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.