lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: If You Play Battlefront 1, Please Read Me...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-14-2006, 11:27 PM   #41
JohnLocke
Rookie

FF...I will mention your idea for a Renaissance to the rest of the TPR clan for their thoughts. I think if you could compile a fair amount of consistent maps, they, or at least some of them, would be willing to give it a try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowing Force
-- the general concensus seems to be that the original, award-winning SWBF has less bugs, smoother gameplay, and a more authentic "Star Wars" feel.
I couldn't agree more. I think the first thing I noticed when playing SWBF2 was its "whip-lash" sense of movement. Every time I turned the whole map seemed to spin wildly. SWBF1 has a more realistic style of dimension.
Ideally, to me, instead of coming out with a new version, they should have created an expansion pack, simply adding these new classes, weapons, vehicles, and maps....while maintaining the original gaming style.

Your ally in the Renaissance......
LostLocke
When viewing a Droidika from some distance, it no longer would run over the same course 3 or 4 times, or drop from a height add reappear again, or roll around in circles before seeming to teleport across the map.
You could actually watch and follow it the whole time.
That's it.

Last edited by JohnLocke; 06-14-2006 at 11:37 PM.
JohnLocke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2006, 03:39 PM   #42
Flowing Force
Rookie

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLocke
FF...I will mention your idea for a Renaissance to the rest of the TPR clan for their thoughts. I think if you could compile a fair amount of consistent maps, they, or at least some of them, would be willing to give it a try.
Sweet! Yeah-- I'm not sure what constitutes a "fair amount", but I'd like to continue with my original idea of hosting around 6 or 7 mod-maps at a time, for a week or so... at which point I replace half or so from the list with NEW maps we can explore, while still hosting our favorites from the previous weeks.

I'm doing this to appease a greater "audience" of gamers:

1) Players who can only game for an hour or two can still get to play all or most of the maps I'm hosting.

2) Those players who play for a few hours or more will likely get to play each map a few times.

3) There's always something fresh to look forward to, and it creates the opportunity to find new favorites.

4) There's some degree of consistency for those who like playing thier favorite mod-maps repeatedly.

Essentially, there's not too much spontineity, always requiring people to download a different mod, and yet there's not too much stagnation of the same-ol'-same-ol'. For those gamers with jobs & children-- the one's who only devote one day a week towards playing SWBF, the itinerary is great. For those who game almost every day for hours at at time, the itinerary is great... because I'm hosting only the best mods I've found and continue to find.

Quote:
I couldn't agree more. Your ally in the Renaissance...
Ahhh... Thank you for your support, John Locke. Sincerely. It seems that there are LOTS of players who feel as we do-- and who have read my invitations to join in on the fun that THEY THEMSELVES desire to have (again?) in thier gaming-- yet they haven't joined the forum of The New Renaissance , and many don't offer thier support, here.

I KNOW YOU'RE OUT THERE! I invite you, again, lovers of SWBF1 to share some of your game-time with us! If YOU'RE hosting cool mod-maps, then let me know about it! I don't want to "steal" anyone away, nor am I eager to have hits on my website... I just want to play really good maps with a group of mature-acting players. If you want the same thing, then sign-in at the website of SWBF1's New Renaissance , or PM me here, and tell me what you're up to.

There's ALOT of people who share the same attitudes and desires towards the original SWBF, yet I'm STILL playing awesome maps in multi-player games alone more than 90% of the time.

Until We Meet In The Sky--

Flowing Force,
STORMBRINGER

Flowing Force is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2006, 01:32 AM   #43
JohnLocke
Rookie

OK, to clarify consistent, and to add another thought.......
I'm thinking there should be a "base" selection of maps, maybe 2 to 4, that are always there, never change, so players have a chance to get used to them. Then other maps could be added or changed as popularity dictates. That way players aren't overwhelmed by a constant change and influx of different maps. Sure we're bored with the same LucasArts maps over and over again. But there is a comforting familiarity about them. Maybe some of the custom maps should generate that same feeling.
Just a thought. Let me know your feelings.
JohnLocke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2006, 07:49 PM   #44
Niner_777
[RC-1270]

I just wanted to let you guys know that I'M ONLINE!!!. My dad helped me this weekend, and being the awsomely smart person that he is, he was able to figure it out. (Praise the Lord!) Maybe I'll see you guys online?

(^Click the pic to reveal my...) | Republic Commando: -]RC[-AjaX
BF2142: -]RC[-Auxidus | www.redcellgaming.com (I really need a userbar, eh. >.<)
Niner_777 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2006, 02:26 AM   #45
Flowing Force
Rookie

The Red Dawn Rises...

Quote:
I'm thinking there should be a "base" selection of maps... that never change... Then other maps could be added or changed as popularity dictates. Let me know your feelings.
"Feel. Don't think. Use your instincts."
.......................... Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master, Episode I

"What does your heart tell you?"
.......................... Shmi Skywalker, To Anakin, Episode I

It seems that we pretty much want exactly the same thing. I'm going to steer this thing on instinct, hosting intuitively as the weeks and months bring more and more players and newer and newer maps. I'm really excited as ever to try alot MORE mods I'm "holding on reserve" right now, PLUS the many, many others that I've yet to explore!

However, your words are strong, and I have heard them. I, too, would like to maintain a couple of "regular" maps that can be frequently visited...

As more and more people join The New Renaissance, I'll eventually facilitate asomething of a structure... only then will I know what the popular "audience" wants, and we can express out our opions and requests in forum discussions and voting polls. Some of the favorites, I'm sure, will last for several months. Eventually, however, the tides may change, and with it we will continue to ride. If that progress remains rooted by a consistent "home" map or two, then so be it. I like your idea.

Again, I support anyone else in thier own efforts to bring about this revival in thier OWN way, as well... I'm not a dictator of anybody's fun... but I DO have an agenda for how I'D like to facilitate this New Renaissance in the Star Wars Battlefront community, and I'm glad, John Locke, to see your interest, hear your suggestions, and have your support.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niner 777
I just wanted to let you guys know that I'M ONLINE!!!
The saga contines! I'm glad to hear it, Niner, 777. Congrats! I hope to see you soon on the galactic Battlefront!

Flowing Force,
STORMBRINGER

Old 06-20-2006, 06:25 AM   #46
Destroyder121

I might start playing Battlefront 1 again when the 1.3 patch(not beta version) comes out, that depends of course on how that patch improves on the lag issue front.
Destroyder121 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2006, 07:04 AM   #47
Flowing Force
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyder121
I might start playing Battlefront 1 again when the 1.3 patch(not beta version) comes out, that depends of course on how that patch improves on the lag issue front.
Oooo... Ummm... That might be, like, never.

Seriously. I'll eat my hat if they make the 1.3 "official".

As far as lag goes... I'm not a computer expert, but I've got a gamer friend who is who tells me that lag isn't so much a game-related issue as much as it is a connection/bandwidth issue.

If you decide you wanna play "the best" of what's currently availible, feel free to ride with us upon the spearhead of The New Renaissance.

Flowing Force,
STORMBRINGER

Old 06-20-2006, 09:08 AM   #48
Niner_777
[RC-1270]

This just in:

BF and BF2 aren't working online. The only thing that I was able to get to work was RC. Don't worry, my dad is a genius. We'll figure it out eventually.

BF2142: -]RC[-Auxidus | www.redcellgaming.com (I really need a userbar, eh. >.<)
Old 06-20-2006, 09:23 AM   #49
Destroyder121

Flowing Force, i got a adequate connection(8mb/s internet, i can run Counter Strike, CS:Source, Jedi Academy, even Farcry along the pings of 40-100, and many other games work fine for me online without any lag) for playing SWBF online, but i still get ping along the lines of 300-600 range wich makes gaming for me impossible cause people warp around to much. And my computer is fully capable of running SWBF 1 so the lag isn't caused by that either.
Destroyder121 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2006, 09:43 AM   #50
Flowing Force
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyder121
Flowing Force, i got a adequate connection for playing SWBF online, but... people warp around to much.
Hmmmph... I wish I knew more about this stuff. I wonder if your computer needs a wee-bit more memory... What I DO know is that if your computer bogs down or gets choppy when there's alot of action going on simultaneously (lots of players, lots of AIs, explosions, etc.), the problem may well disappear if you increased your systems memory by a lil' bit.

But I don't know, really. Perhaps the answer already exists (or will soon exist, if you ask) in the Technical Support forum.

Or here, if someone posts some insight or helpful advice.

I wish you good fortune, none-the-less.

Flowing Force,
STORMBRINGER

Old 07-24-2006, 09:17 AM   #51
Niner_777
[RC-1270]

Hey, I've got BF working. No joke.

Old 07-24-2006, 10:18 AM   #52
Pho3nix
#rekt

Forum Veteran 
Sure, I'd like to play BF but the problem is that there's not enough people who play it online, and it still has multiple issues to solve. Other than that, a fine game with potential.

Pho3nix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-24-2006, 12:46 PM   #53
Flowing Force
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINER_777
Hey, I've got BF working. No joke.
EXCELLENT, Niner 777! Then I hope to finally join you for some good battles! Now might be a good time to visit the website of THE NEW RENAISSANCE, where you'll find the custom map list we're playing currently, details on how to handle large groups of mods easily and efficiently, etc.

WOW! It's been since EARLY MARCH that we've been tossing this idea around... since this thread began. It'd be great to see you finally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pho3nix
Sure, I'd like to play BF but the problem is that there's not enough people who play it online, and it still has multiple issues to solve.

I-- too-- wish to play with large groups of others... as do all the OTHER people who, just like you, WOULD play SWBF1 online if only the other players (just like them) would come online to play, too. Someone's got to start. There's LOTS of talk about that, here, in the forums. (There'd be more, but-- for some unknown reason-- at least one of the moderators here has deleted QUITE a frew of my threads that show such support for SWBF1)

Slowly, the SWBF1 servers HAVE been noticing an influx of gamers... The New Renaissance is still at it's dawning.

As for the issues in need of solving: Every game has them, and I think that even those gamers who are devoted to SWBF2 will agree... SWBF1 actually has less bugs than SWBF2... alot less. It's been no seceret how many corners were cut when LucasArts and/or Pandemic released SWBF2, and it's no secret how many issues were left unaddressed when the patch was finally released.

If you change your mind, and decide to ever try the original again online, I hope to see you in the galactic Battlefront.

Flowing Force,
STORMBRINGER

Old 07-27-2006, 12:26 AM   #54
Maverick5770

I'm just wondering, is it possible to play BF1 online with my lousy sloooow 50 kbps dial up connection? Or does it slow everyone else down?

I Am Canadian

Go Canucks Go

I am a firm believer in Jesus Christ
Maverick5770 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-23-2006, 12:37 AM   #55
[SAB] Seph98
Lurker

hm... well u could but u'd lag real bad with ping around 300?
and also i joined this forum JUST THEN and im here to say
SWBF 1 RULEZ!!!!!!!!
but i dont play that many mod maps i just play on the server Cloud City Only by JMMC its usually packed around 3 pm central i think so pay a visit ill most likely be there w8ing for pple... its bin empty for the past few days cuz the server ping has bin 9999 :/ but i play in there anyway cuz there's no difference

EDIT: its 3 pm not 7 i got the time wrong :/

Last edited by [SAB] Seph98; 11-25-2006 at 01:13 AM.
[SAB] Seph98 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-23-2006, 07:46 AM   #56
rozo100
Rookie

i play bf2 at my friends house and own bf1 but it does not work

Your Famous Last Words Will Be:

"I dunno, press the button and find out."
What Will Your Famous Last Words Be?
http://www.blogthings.com/whatwillyo...stwordsbequiz/
rozo100 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-17-2007, 07:39 PM   #57
Scooter16
Lurker

i own both, but i only play BF1, i juts love the gameplay better, BF2 is good, but in my opinion they flubbed on a LOT of things
Scooter16 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2007, 05:17 PM   #58
TripHammer

wow.. this is an old topic.. I like 2 more than 1. I still play SWBF1. it's a solid game and I have friends that still play it. Most of my time is put into 2 though.

TripHammer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2008, 03:49 PM   #59
greggomonkey
Rookie

Current Game: Kotor
I play b1 I like the maps better

Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things Revan... and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
―Darth Malak
greggomonkey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront > General Discussion > If You Play Battlefront 1, Please Read Me...