lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: what are your least favorite games?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-28-2008, 12:51 AM   #41
cire992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del View Post
If you allow me a new assertion, I'd say that Halo perfected the characteristics found on modern shooters and successfully transported them to a new generation.
Right on, Ctrl. Halo is the best of what is good in shooters. Same can be said of WoW to mmos.

I love shooters and rpgs. Combine the two and you get Mass Effect, which was awesome. But that doesn't always work for some reason. One of the worst games I ever played was the Godfather for pc. It's a relatively recent title from EA games, and in theory should have been great. Put GTA and its do anything at any time free-roam rp mentality and put in a great setting with plently of action gameplay and you'd think I'd love it. I paid full price for that game, played it for about a half hour and was truly bored to tears. I just could not get into this game. Least favorite, by far. It was such a let-down.

"My blasters are always set to stun, princess."
cire992 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2008, 01:24 AM   #42
Rogue Nine
*static*

Current Game: Bravely Default
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del View Post
The same sites you mentioned now with the reviwed game being CS.

GameFAQs
Gamespot
Gamerankings
IGN

I can't help but notice a lot of people will comment that it's definetly make buying HL on the first place rewarding.
Could you point out the reviews in which they say these things? I am having trouble finding them...

And Counter-Strike was released under the Valve license in 2000, a little over a year after it first debuted in beta. While it was certainly popular in that time period, CS was available as a standalone product from 2000 onward, negating the need for a retail copy of Half-Life.

have a suggestion for the lf poll? pm me
Rogue Nine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2008, 09:16 AM   #43
Serpentine Cougar
Veteran

Current Game: Beneath A Steel Sky
Helpful! 
My least favorite games would have to be MMOs. They eat up oodles and oodles of time, and don't offer the same depth of story (one of my favorite parts of a game) as some shorter single-player games do. While I understand the need for monthly subscription fees, I'd rather not have to pay them - and non-MMOs never have subscription fees. Also, I have a bandwidth limit on my internet service, and I'd rather use the bandwidth for other things, such as watching game trailers. Single-player doesn't use up any bandwidth.

EVE Online is probably the only MMO I'd ever consider playing, because it embraces the "Massively Multiplayer" part and puts the politics and future of the game world in the hands of the players. Other MMOs seem to me like single-player games with poor stories that you complete with the help of some other people. Just doesn't float my boat.

Serpentine Cougar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2008, 10:01 PM   #44
DeadYorick
The Keeper of Peace

Current Game: Pheonix Wright
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
My least favorite games would have to be MMOs. They eat up oodles and oodles of time, and don't offer the same depth of story (one of my favorite parts of a game) as some shorter single-player games do. While I understand the need for monthly subscription fees, I'd rather not have to pay them - and non-MMOs never have subscription fees. Also, I have a bandwidth limit on my internet service, and I'd rather use the bandwidth for other things, such as watching game trailers. Single-player doesn't use up any bandwidth.

EVE Online is probably the only MMO I'd ever consider playing, because it embraces the "Massively Multiplayer" part and puts the politics and future of the game world in the hands of the players. Other MMOs seem to me like single-player games with poor stories that you complete with the help of some other people. Just doesn't float my boat.
I completely agree with you. MMO's are just a way to eat money up from the rich gaming public and eat time out of their lives. Though games do take up a ton of time if you think about it

The reasons for poor storylines are due to the fact that you have over 1 million other players with you. So it seems odd if your all of the sudden the only person able to destroy some sort of evil. Then when you get there you see 1000 other people already destroying it. It leaves very little to the story department. Gameplay is primarily the main concern when developing an MMO.

"There's gotta be a better way to make a living"
-Kyle Katarn
DeadYorick is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > what are your least favorite games?