lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Are you a console or PC gamer?
Console! 15 7.73%
PC! 89 45.88%
I strike a balance between the two. 90 46.39%
Voters: 194. You may not vote on this poll


Thread: Are you a console or a PC gamer?
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-30-2008, 11:49 AM   #41
Da_man
CHEATER (Apparently)
 
Da_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sunny Arizona
Posts: 1,173
Current Game: Team Fortress 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taos View Post
I hope that LA will do the "right" thing and port it to pc a la what Bioware did with Mass Effect.
Or they might do what Microsoft did with Halo 2, and release it on thier newest OS.

EDIT: Fix't.


Last edited by Da_man; 07-03-2008 at 11:41 AM.
Da_man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-30-2008, 10:19 PM   #42
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky
 
urluckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Beautiful USA
Posts: 2,755
Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
I've been PC gaming a lot lately (Bioshock, Stranglehold, Indiana Jones games, etc.), but I actually just ordered my xbox 360 premium recently, and I've always played and loved my Gamecube, so I'm right in the middle. Both PC and Console gaming add their own unique twists on gaming...I like PC gaming more (more memories), but console gaming is also fun in its own respects...nothing wrong with either, and I respect anyone who commits their time and money to one or the other...



If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2008, 01:04 PM   #43
GeneralPloKoon
Just a Time Traveller
 
GeneralPloKoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 1,532
Current Game: Borderlands (PS3)
I picked console, but I still play PC games, just not as much with Vista....games freezes like crazy. I play consoles almost all the time.
GeneralPloKoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2008, 07:37 AM   #44
Ray Jones
[armleglegarmhead]
 
Ray Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: digital
Posts: 8,188
10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! Forum Veteran 
I never owned a console personally. I once borrowed one for a week to beat Diddy Kong Racing but that's about all there is. So I'm PC gamer since my ATARI and Amiga times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiki-one-o-two
That's a fair argument, but now you have to choose which console you're going to buy. Games made for one console don't play well on others.
That's one reason for me not to own a console.

Quote:
So while a PC gamer may have to upgrade her video card in order to play game X, a console gamer face a situation where you have buy another console altogether.
And another.

Quote:
Plus my video card can be used for Photoshop, video editing, as well as other high-end games.
And the third one.


The point is, I don't own a PC to play games, I own a PC and can play games with it. And it's just like with any console...I connect it to my TV and plug a bunch of controller pads (original PS2 in my case) in, and -- eh violina!

Also, my notebook is way more portable than any XBox or PS3.


Ray Jones is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2008, 08:33 AM   #45
Sivy
coming soon
 
Sivy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 7,314
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
So while a PC gamer may have to upgrade her video card in order to play game X, a console gamer face a situation where you have buy another console altogether.
a console's lifespan is longer than a video card though. take the ps2 for insistence, it was released in 2000 and games are still being made for it.
whereas since 2000 i've had one computer, which was upgraded after a time with a newer video card, then later with a new CPU/ motherboard and RAM. then a couple of years later i brought a newer computer, which was later upgraded with a new video card and extra RAM, then another new computer more recently, just to keep up with ever increasing game requirements. now i built all these computers and carried out the upgrades myself, so although i spent a lot of money over the years, its nowhere near have much it would have cost for someone to do the same if they weren't able to do it themselves.
now i'm tired of having to upgrade all the time, so the convenience of a console is more attractive than the benefits of PC gaming. so i'll keep a computer for use of applications & internet access and i wont have to spend anything on it for a long time, and use my PS3 for gaming.
Sivy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-06-2008, 12:01 PM   #46
Iron Rose
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 47
PC is where all the real action is (namely Team Fortress 2/CS:S) Plus the mouse and keyboard combo is unbeatable. (plus we have the option of playing MMORPGs)
Iron Rose is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-07-2008, 01:12 PM   #47
Boba Rhett
I Slay Dragons
 
Boba Rhett's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Man-Room in Missouri
Posts: 13,805
Current Game: Scrolling Eldery
LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Rose View Post
(plus we have the option of playing MMORPGs)

My soul is aflame with jealousy.


Need Help? massage message me
Boba Rhett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-07-2008, 04:00 PM   #48
EnderWiggin
Sine Amore Nihil Est Vita
 
EnderWiggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,395
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Rose View Post
PC is where all the real action is (namely Team Fortress 2/CS:S) )
This is funny in its own right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boba Rhett View Post
My soul is aflame with jealousy.
This is even funnier

_EW_



Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black. ~ Prime

Yes, I hate you.

J7 - thanks for accepting me as part of the 'family.'
EnderWiggin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-07-2008, 04:59 PM   #49
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User
 
Ctrl Alt Del's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 3,814
Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Yin-Yang for me. Life is all about playing PC exclusives and console-only pearls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac7142 View Post
I have it on good authority that all of lfnetwork is run on a cluster of PS3s.
T'was supposed to be a secret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Rose
PC [...blah blah...] we have the option of playing MMORPGs)
Did you say something? <- Not a link with an ironic response.


Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-08-2008, 10:16 PM   #50
Joetheeskimo
Statusless
 
Joetheeskimo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,923
Current Game: KotOR
I'm a PC gamer, because I don't own any consoles. I'd certainly like to own an XBox 360, because with a growing sense of dread I am becoming aware of the fact that more and more games are coming out for next-gen consoles and not for PC. Although I really prefer mouse/keyboard over a controller, but that's only because I've used that all my life.

I also would like a console because if you get an XBox 360, it has set "specifications" so any game made for it will meet those specs. In other words, on a console, you won't have lag because your processor is too slow for that game, or graphic problems because your video card isn't good enough. PC users always have to upgrade, as someone else already mentioned.

Nevertheless, PC gets all the mods/downloadables.

Joetheeskimo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2008, 12:22 AM   #51
Revan 411
Forumite
 
Revan 411's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 510
I play both PC and Console game's and am a balance between the two. PC for great graphics and game play Console for Easier controls and for non system requirements.

So yeah i play both of them.


Revan 411 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2008, 03:31 PM   #52
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User
 
Ctrl Alt Del's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 3,814
Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetheeskimo View Post
I'm a PC gamer, because I don't own any consoles. I'd certainly like to own an XBox 360, because with a growing sense of dread I am becoming aware of the fact that more and more games are coming out for next-gen consoles and not for PC.
Are you aware, though, this isn't a new phenomenon at all? A lot of people ignore/don't know the fact that they miss a lot of good games that never leaves the consoles, especially games from the other side of the world.


Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-13-2008, 08:51 AM   #53
K_Kinnison
Grey Lensman
 
K_Kinnison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Madison, WI, USA
Posts: 3,699
Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! 
This is a kinda stupid poll because most of the people who have access to it have a PC, thus would more then likely be PC gamers.


BOW DOWN BEFORE the Official Forum Pun-isher
Official XWA flight instructor
get busy with it!
K_Kinnison is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-13-2008, 10:39 AM   #54
Great Scott!
Junior Member
 
Great Scott!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 317
Console has over sixty less votes than PC!?!

Come on, I thought it'd be much closer than that! I'm a console gamer for life, have been since I can remember, and I'd like to keep it that way. It all depends on the game, but I play console games more than anything, not to mention being a Nintendo fanboy deep down inside. I love how gaming's evolving and all, but not like this...

By the way, emulating older console games all the time doesn't make you a PC gamer or a console gamer, it just makes you a bastard.


Hill Valley

"A nice place to live."
Great Scott! is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2008, 11:55 AM   #55
GeneralPloKoon
Just a Time Traveller
 
GeneralPloKoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 1,532
Current Game: Borderlands (PS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Rose View Post
PC is where all the real action is (namely Team Fortress 2/CS:S) Plus the mouse and keyboard combo is unbeatable. (plus we have the option of playing MMORPGs)
Team Fortress 2 is on the 360 and PS3, and MMOs are headed to consoles very soon(DC Universe online,some Marvel MMO)
GeneralPloKoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2008, 11:39 PM   #56
darkjedimonkey
Rookie
 
darkjedimonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Somewhere in Brazil. My plane crashed.
Posts: 212
Im console but I do feel very sorry for Star Wars PC gamers across the globe.
My sympathy lies with your rejection


good day to you.......

meet my little friend.....

HIS NAME IS DEATH
darkjedimonkey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-22-2008, 05:39 PM   #57
Steve-O Kreesh
Rookie
 
Steve-O Kreesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Returning home after a long se
Posts: 154
Current Game: G.H. - Metallica
Since the Red Ring of Death struck my Xbox 360 and sent it to Microsoft to fix, I'm a console gamer without a console.


Steve-O Kreesh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-25-2008, 11:17 PM   #58
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky
 
urluckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Beautiful USA
Posts: 2,755
Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
^That's the worst feeling ever...



If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-29-2008, 09:47 PM   #59
waxman69
Lurker
 
waxman69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: the united states of generica
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
A bit of both for me. I would prefer to be PC only, but alas I must face reality. I currently only have an old XBox though...
A bit of both for me. I would prefer to be PC only, but alas I must face reality. I currently only have an old XBox though...

yeah me to i also have a mac but i dont do any gaming on that
waxman69 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Community Discussion > General LFNetwork Forums > LucasForums Poll > Are you a console or a PC gamer?

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:04 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.