lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: It's all... part of the plan. (The Dark Knight)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-28-2008, 03:04 PM   #81
Ravnas
Rookie

I liked the original It was nice and campy, but TDK is still better. However, I will admit that I liked Batman Forever, for only two reasons.

1.Nicole Kidman

2.This http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ateQQc-AgEM

Regrets are for horseshoes and handbags.
Ravnas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2008, 07:28 PM   #82
JCarter426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravnas View Post
1.Nicole Kidman

'Nuff said.

JCarter426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-30-2008, 06:20 PM   #83
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
So, I just got back from seeing TDK. I'm speechless - I couldn't think of a single thing wrong with the film - the Joker was frightening and terrifying, made all the more so thanks to his ability to find any situation funny.

Batman was, well, Batman - what more can you add to the already iconic character?

And Two-Face was brilliant. And it didn't feel like a comic book movie - it felt like a thriller on par with Heat. And, I found it believable, as if such things really could happen.

Any word on if there's going to be a sequel?

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-30-2008, 06:52 PM   #84
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor_Kaine View Post
I couldn't find a page on imdb for it but its almost certain they will make another, there is speculation everywhere on who will be the villains.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-30-2008, 07:25 PM   #85
The Source
Rest In Peace

Contest winner - Modding 
Wow. What a movie. If you are a fan of the novels, you will definitely love this movie to death. When watching the film, all I could think about is the "Knights Fall, Ending, and Quest" comic-book series. I did think the writters were a little too serious, but it all fits nicely together in perfect harmony. I loved how the movie makes you feel, "Hey! I thought this was a Batman movie." Even though Rachel's actor was recasted, I think they chose someone better than Katey Homes. I agree with those who say that Bale's acting was overshadowed. If this is part two to a trilogy, I'm hoping that they explore the real Bane story.

R.I.P. to 'The Source' and 'MacCorp'
2004-2008

Last edited by The Source; 07-30-2008 at 07:28 PM. Reason: fit to fit(s)
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-30-2008, 07:25 PM   #86
JCarter426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor_Kaine View Post
Just a few offhand comments. Technically Bale hasn't signed on for a third, but he's mentioned that if they bring Robin in, he'll quit right away, so one could infer that he wouldn't object to any future films without Robin. And no doubt the rest of the cast would sign on as well. I guess it's up to WB and Nolan.

Old 07-30-2008, 07:33 PM   #87
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
I'm pretty sure Robin will never be in the series, Nolan has said how he wouldn't fit in his universe. And I'm glad he feels that way because I like Batman solo a lot more.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-30-2008, 07:45 PM   #88
Negative Sun
Death to all but metal!

Current Game: NWN
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Moeller View Post
I'm pretty sure Robin will never be in the series, Nolan has said how he wouldn't fit in his universe. And I'm glad he feels that way because I like Batman solo a lot more.
Well he's not really solo, but he's a much more believable character working with the police chief than a little boy dressed in green

Robin wouldn't fit into these movies, which is fine by me, it's always a character that seemed a bit pointless to me, Batman is tormented enough by his parent's deaths, but it also fuels his sense of justice but adds the darker side to his personality too, this is what always attracted me to this character, and Nolan has captured it perfectly...

"I killed a man cause he killed my goat."
Negative Sun is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-30-2008, 07:53 PM   #89
Ravnas
Rookie

Not to mention that Robin wasn't a great character to begin with But actually The Animated Series in the early nineties had the best interpretation of Robin to me though. Much better than Chris "The Great Unpleasantness" O'Donnell

Regrets are for horseshoes and handbags.
Ravnas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2008, 01:23 PM   #90
JoeDoe 2.0
n - 1

I have yet to see it...

Yes yes shame on me
JoeDoe 2.0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2008, 05:43 PM   #91
Burnseyy
Forumite

Just seen it today
It was so clever - kept you guessing.
I've never really seen someone portray a crazed villain so well ... though I hated the whole licking his lips business.
ew.

"If God is a DJ, then life is a dance floor, love is the rhythm and you are the music."

Burnseyy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2008, 07:33 PM   #92
DarthAve
Yeezy

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnseyy View Post
though I hated the whole licking his lips business.
ew.
That creeped me out too. It reminded me of earlier in the summer, when I caught this 13 year old kid staring at me and licking his lips... ~shudders~
DarthAve is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2008, 07:35 PM   #93
Burnseyy
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthAve View Post
That creeped me out too. It reminded me of earlier in the summer, when I caught this 13 year old kid staring at me and licking his lips... ~shudders~
well, I had an old man stare at me and lick his lips.
*even bigger shudder*

"If God is a DJ, then life is a dance floor, love is the rhythm and you are the music."

Old 08-02-2008, 09:09 PM   #94
Negative Sun
Death to all but metal!

Just saw it, best comic book movie ever, and one of the best films I've ever seen...

Old 08-03-2008, 12:33 AM   #95
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
This and Ironman are the best ones I've seen all summer. Ashame that the Joker is Ledger's swan song.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2008, 01:11 PM   #96
The Doctor
Retired

Current Game: Skyrim
Forum Veteran 
Just saw it last night. It's good to see some Batman movies that don't suck hard. batman Begins and Dark Knight were a pleasant surprise for me.

But God, this one just wouldn't end. XD It just kept going, and going, and then when you think it's wrapping up, it's not, and then just when you're thinking "God, there's probably at least another 45 minutes left..." it just stops.

I couldn't enjoy the scenes with the new mob boss though (I forget his name at the moment - he was played by Eric Roberts), because I recognised him from somewhere, but couldn't for the life of me place or name him until the credits. Turns out he played the Master in the 96 Doctor Who TV movie on Fox. I was ashamed of myself as a Doctor Who fan. -_-
The Doctor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2008, 01:47 PM   #97
DarthAve
Yeezy

Quote:
*even bigger shudder*
It seems we have more in common than believed. ~shakes Burnseyy's hand~ Pleasure to make your aquaintence.

Oh the topic of Batman... Part Three Villian possibillities? I'm hoping...

spoiler:
Two-Face isn't really dead, and he comes back for more MURDER.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:56 PM   #98
Meowster

Current Game: New Vegas/KotOR
I want Harley Quinn.

She could be working for the Joker while he's at Arkham... and yeah.
spoiler:
I don't think Two-Face is dead. More than likely if they continue the movies after the third, he'd return. (in my thoughts, at least.)
Meowster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2008, 01:57 PM   #99
JCarter426

Quote:
Quote:
*even bigger shudder*
That's not creepy at all.[/sarcasm]
Quote:
spoiler:
Two-Face isn't really dead, and he comes back for more MURDER.
spoiler:
Nah, I hope he stays dead. In fact, I'm counting on it. His story is done--finished. They gave a reasonable explanation for his fall from hero to villain. Bringing him back would ruin it...although, all things considered, if anyone could do it right, Nolan and company could.

Now give me Talia, Mr Nolan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman_x View Post
I want Harley Quinn. She could be working for the Joker while he's at Arkham...
Hmm...now that I like. In fact, it would be a good way to prevent any further appearances by the Joker himself.

Last edited by JCarter426; 08-03-2008 at 02:05 PM.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:08 PM   #100
DarthAve
Yeezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarter426 View Post
That's not creepy at all.[/sarcasm]
Yeah, I'm not the one posting pictures of Nicole Kidman's cleveage hanging out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarter426 View Post
Hmm...now that I like. In fact, it would be a good way to prevent any further appearances by the Joker himself.
Agreed. I'm just trying to think of an actress who could play Miss Quinzell to the perfect degree of cuckoo....Only Helena Bonham Carter comes to mind as crazy, but I doubt Tim Burton would let her off his leash, dispite his history with Batman films.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:22 PM   #101
Negative Sun
Death to all but metal!

Quote:
Yeah, I'm not the one posting pictures of Nicole Kidman's cleveage hanging out.

Agreed. I'm just trying to think of an actress who could play Miss Quinzell to the perfect degree of cuckoo....Only Helena Bonham Carter comes to mind as crazy, but I doubt Tim Burton would let her off his leash, dispite his history with Batman films.
Apparently Johnny Depp wouldn't say no to becoming The Riddler...clicky

And where there's a Johnny...

I would die if David Tennant would turn out to get the part though *shudders*

Old 08-04-2008, 06:36 PM   #102
DarthAve
Yeezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negative Sun View Post

As a woman, I know this is completly outragous, but I'm gettin a wee bit sick of Johnny Depp...and I don't know if he could get the right amount of dark humor. I mean, he was more snarky than funny to me in Pirates, and I imagine Nolan would make Riddler sort of reminicent of the Joker, just playing more off the humor than the psychoanalysis on society and murder and stuff. Nobody comes to mind for me except, maybe in some bizarro universe, Rainn Wilson. I'm sure he could handle that sort of dark humor, considering his little part in Six Feet Under, but the crazy may be a little hard to look for in him... Yeah, if they did Riddler, it'd be a but tough for me.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:27 PM   #103
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negative Sun View Post

If you're implying that Burton should have a role in any future Batman movies, I have lost all respect for you. -_- Any movie Burton is involved in will be boycotted by myself and the majority of my friends, regardless of the hype, standards, or other pre-conceptions affiliated with said movie. -_-
Old 08-04-2008, 08:48 PM   #104
Burnseyy
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
If you're implying that Burton should have a role in any future Batman movies, I have lost all respect for you. -_- Any movie Burton is involved in will be boycotted by myself and the majority of my friends, regardless of the hype, standards, or other pre-conceptions affiliated with said movie. -_-
honestly, if you like the films, watch them!

it shouldn't have anything to do with the director. like, you don't hate a song because of the band/artist...

...do you?

Old 08-04-2008, 09:00 PM   #105
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
The hell it shouldn't. The director essentially makes the movie what he wants it to be. And I happen to loathe Tim Burton's morbid/gothic tones and style of movie making. Therefore, I'm not going to see a movie with such tones and styles - why would I, if I find them uninteresting and idiotic?

The same goes for songs and the bands who play them - it's rare to find an R&B artist/group/band (for example) that will release a song in the Metal style that I prefer to listen to. So I'm not going to pick up a Chris Brown CD, hoping that he'll have done a song or two in the same style as Epica or Amberian Dawn.

Last edited by The Doctor; 08-04-2008 at 09:03 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:07 PM   #106
Burnseyy
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
The hell it shouldn't. The director essentially makes the movie what he wants it to be. And I happen to loathe Tim Burton's morbid/gothic tones and style of movie making. Therefore, I'm not going to see a movie with such tones and styles - why would I, if I find them uninteresting and idiotic?

The same goes for songs and the bands who play them - it's rare to find an R&B artist/group/band (for example) that will release a song in the Metal style that I prefer to listen to. So I'm not going to pick up a Chris Brown CD, hoping that he'll have done a song or two in the same style as Epica or Amberian Dawn.

Well, Batman is kinda gothic. If it wasn't, It'd probably be a bit lame. Also, the director makes the film, but if it's Batman (which already exists) he's going to stick to the plot - isn't that half of what you go to see a film for? The plot?

As for music, well, I like all kinds of music, so I don't base what I like on one genre.

Well, this is all my opinion, so let's just get back to the topic.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:15 PM   #107
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
Batman is dark, sure, but I wouldn't go so far as calling it gothic per se.

And sorry, but no matter what the plot is, if it's wrapped up in Burton-esque gothic tones, I'm not going to enjoy it. Plain and simple. Like you said, plot is only half a movie.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:26 PM   #108
Revan 411
Forumite

The Dark Knight is one of the best movies, ever! Its plot is intense, and the story is very well written, and the Joker is awesome, one of the best villains of all time!

spoiler:
It was ashamed, that Harvey Dent (Two Face) Died at the end of the film, he was a great villain

Revan 411 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-04-2008, 10:46 PM   #109
El Sitherino
The Original.

Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
I imagine Nolan would make Riddler sort of reminicent of the Joker, just playing more off the humor than the psychoanalysis on society and murder and stuff. Nobody comes to mind for me except, maybe in some bizarro universe, Rainn Wilson. I'm sure he could handle that sort of dark humor, considering his little part in Six Feet Under, but the crazy may be a little hard to look for in him... Yeah, if they did Riddler, it'd be a but tough for me.
The Riddler isn't a humorist. Quite the opposite really, a puzzle master. He enjoys the logic and depth of thought.

I'm thinking they should hit up the Penguin. I'm thinking Jeremy Piven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan 411 View Post
spoiler:
It was ashamed, that Harvey Dent (Two Face) Died at the end of the film, he was a great villain
spoiler:
He's not dead, he fell 13 feet and passed out. The world is to think he's dead, until they control the beast that rages inside him.

Nolan is setting up this series well, just like Batman the villains can return at any time, to come back with new exciting plans and adventures.

Harley Quinn would be very interesting, but difficult to cast. Not impossible, just difficult.

“This body is not me. I am not caught in this body.
I am life without limit.”
El Sitherino is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-05-2008, 01:39 AM   #110
EnderWiggin
Sine Amore Nihil Est Vita

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
honestly, if you like the films, watch them!

it shouldn't have anything to do with the director. like, you don't hate a song because of the band/artist...

...do you?
Damn straight I do. If the band is bad enough, then I won't listen to any of their songs on principle.

Quote:
As a woman
>_>

<_<

_EW_

Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black. ~ Prime

Yes, I hate you.

J7 - thanks for accepting me as part of the 'family.'
EnderWiggin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2008, 06:58 AM   #111
Jason Skywalker
Fight da Powah

Current Game: SMT: Imagine
Epic. Simply epic. Breath taking. Amazing beyond words.
Jason Skywalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2008, 07:20 AM   #112
El Sitherino
The Original.

Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Skywalker View Post
Epic. Simply epic. Breath taking. Amazing beyond words.
I got it.

Nerd Sex.

“This body is not me. I am not caught in this body.
I am life without limit.”
El Sitherino is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2008, 11:08 AM   #113
Pho3nix
#rekt

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Sitherino View Post
Harley Quinn would be very interesting, but difficult to cast. Not impossible, just difficult.

Pho3nix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2008, 06:56 PM   #114
True_Avery
Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2yv8aT0UFc

Hilarious
True_Avery is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Ahto Spaceport Cantina > It's all... part of the plan. (The Dark Knight)

Tags
movie, the dark knight