lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Your Personally All Time Favorite Video Game.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-26-2008, 06:34 AM   #41
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac7142 View Post
This probably. It kind of ruined Zelda for me since every time I picked up a different Zelda game I compared it to OoT and it didn't measure up :/
Adding onto this, when I first played OoT I was scared as hell of the zombies outside the Temple of Time and ran as fast as Link could in order to get the hell away from them. I picked up the game a while back however, and was just astonished at how not scary they appeared to be and how easy they were to wail on. Also I thought for some reason that OoT had character voice-overs... damn modern games with gameplay and storylines that are far inferior making me believe that graphics and sound crap are required for a game to be good

"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-26-2008, 10:47 AM   #42
Ascendant_Justice
Rookie

Current Game: Half Life 2 pending
You too? I thought I was the only one afraid of that game. Apart from the zombies, the first time I played it, I was afraid of those skeletal things that pop up at night in the fields. I couldn't get to the markets from (Kokiri?) forest before night fell. I was scared ****less when a bunch of those things popped up out of nowhere. I jumped in the moat rofl. Another method of victory for me was just doing the little crouch with my shield above my head all night.

In regards to Big Daddies, they are very much pushovers once you get tripwires. Couple that with Electric Flesh (which does in fact make them stronger) and you'll have no problem with Daddies. By Olympus Heights you should be able to take out any Big Daddy with just four tripwires on normal.
Ascendant_Justice is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-26-2008, 07:54 PM   #43
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Current Game: Real Life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthian View Post
Final Fantasy, okay.

Final Fantasy VIII? That one is usually regarded as being one of the worst in the series.
Agreed. The FF games would be further down my list of favourites, but for me the only entries in the series worth playing were VII and XII. FF X and X-2 nearly put me off the series forever...

SW01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-26-2008, 07:58 PM   #44
DeadYorick
The Keeper of Peace

Current Game: Pheonix Wright
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW01 View Post
Agreed. The FF games would be further down my list of favourites, but for me the only entries in the series worth playing were VII and XII. FF X and X-2 nearly put me off the series forever...
I have to add IX to that list. IX actually felt more original to me after seeing so much sci-fi in Final Fantasy

"There's gotta be a better way to make a living"
-Kyle Katarn
DeadYorick is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-26-2008, 09:55 PM   #45
Meowster

Current Game: New Vegas/KotOR
Quote:
Final Fantasy, okay.

Final Fantasy VIII? That one is usually regarded as being one of the worst in the series.
I am aware of this. I liked the overall tone, and the characters. (despite the lack of character developement save Squall and Rinoa.)
Quote:
I have to add IX to that list. IX actually felt more original to me after seeing so much sci-fi in Final Fantasy
IX would be a close second. Greatly enjoyed Legend of Dragoon, along with the first Dark Cloud.

I saw Metal Gear Solid- I've been thinking of playing that recently.

To love another person is to see the face of God.
Meowster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-27-2008, 02:43 AM   #46
Rabish Bini
Sydney Roosters Genius

Current Game: KotOR III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman_x View Post
I saw Metal Gear Solid- I've been thinking of playing that recently.
If it's the first one, you have to play it, it would be my favourite ever, if not for Warlords Battlecry II's replayability.
MGS is an epic in every way possible, and I recommend anyone to play it.

Yes
Rabish Bini is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-27-2008, 08:11 AM   #47
Corinthian
Banned

Final Fantasy VI is the best in the series, if you ask me. But then, I love SNES with a fierce passion.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-27-2008, 12:17 PM   #48
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Quote:
Final Fantasy VI is the best in the series, if you ask me. But then, I love SNES with a fierce passion.
There is a lot to be said for the good old fashioned 2-D epic, no argument here!

I liked that some of the characters in the newer versions are now being voice-acted - it became quite...boring...to sit and read text for 10-20 minutes during the longer conversations in the likes of FF VII.

Old 08-27-2008, 03:00 PM   #49
Quanon

Forum Veteran Veteran Modder Helpful! 
This is hard

Morrowind or TSL or Jade Empire or... DoW and expansions as I'm a heavy 40K fan.

Anyone bought the new rule-book the 5th edition?

Then again I like the Half Life series and Dark Forces

TIQUILAAAAAAAA
Quanon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-27-2008, 03:47 PM   #50
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
Tough choice, but probably:

If only for the customisation ability, which the previous games really could have done with.

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-27-2008, 03:55 PM   #51
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

SFCIII...good choice. It seemed a bit like TSL...needed too much post-release work to trump Total War in my book. I loved it for one reason: I get to play as the Romulans!

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > Your Personally All Time Favorite Video Game.