lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Creating Starkiller's Shien Style (along with stance)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-19-2008, 05:17 PM   #1
daluke
Rookie

Creating Starkiller's Shien Style (along with stance)

Having played 'The Force Unleashed' today, I don't like the story greatly but the Saber style is awesome.

I realise that you can't really create a new saber style from the ground up, but I was thinking that perhaps altering the existing Niman/Staff style so that you could perform Starkiller's attacks and use his stance would create a more versatile (and a hell of a lot more interesting) addition.

Most of you will probably frown at me for suggesting the replacement of Niman/Staff, but having played OJP since the Dawn o'time (i'm that boring) I have never really seen it used, at least as a person's primary style - more like a fun style.

To add in Starkiller's Shien would, I feel, inevitably draw more attraction to the mod (not that it hasn't got attraction already, but picture someone using Shien vs Juyo for a promo vid for example - orgasmic). I also feel that it would bring SOOOO much more life to the Saber System: more cool moves is surely a bonus.

EDIT: I am so sorry. I just found out that there is already a thread on this. I just elaborated a bit, I guess

Just a suggestion.

Thanks for hearing me out,

Agent008.

Last edited by daluke; 09-19-2008 at 05:41 PM. Reason: REVELATIONZ LULZ
daluke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2008, 11:20 PM   #2
Tanqexe

I've been experimenting with the staff anims for a while to make it more unorthodox Shien while still retaining a staff-like feel, employing both two-handed reverse and forward grips. It's hard. Raven was pretty lazy with the staff anims and they never looked natural to begin with. I'm fixing all that, but it's a slow process.

At this rate, I pretty much am making a new saber style from the ground up...kinda. With the original staff animation as a template.

Tanqexe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2008, 06:05 AM   #3
daluke
Rookie

Nice, Tanq
Don't give up lol, and good luck with it!
Old 09-20-2008, 07:00 AM   #4
Binol
Rookie

Would be great.
I'm joining to the request and I would be very happy if the work would finnish succesfully.
Binol is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2008, 08:30 AM   #5
daluke
Rookie

Hell yeah
Along with Vader's Djem-So, Starkiller's variant of Shien is my favourite saber style.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:22 PM   #6
Kahn D'halaine
Rookie

Oh, huge job to do Tanq! Good luck mate! You're gonna need it...
Are you creating brand new animations in Dragon or are you basing them off the base anims?

Kahn D'halaine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2008, 02:45 PM   #7
Alexman113
Rookie

I've been experimenting with the staff anims for a while to make it more unorthodox Shien while still retaining a staff-like feel, employing both two-handed reverse and forward grips. It's hard. Raven was pretty lazy with the staff anims and they never looked natural to begin with. I'm fixing all that, but it's a slow process.

At this rate, I pretty much am making a new saber style from the ground up...kinda. With the original staff animation as a template.

From what I can gather it's a both.

With great power comes great responsibility.
Alexman113 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Hosted Forums > Open Jedi Project (OJP) > Creating Starkiller's Shien Style (along with stance)