lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Gmax static model export/import md3
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-15-2008, 12:20 PM   #1
Xhevat
Lurker

Gmax static model export/import md3

Hello, i read an earlier thread about how to export/import md3 files via milkshape. now the problem is that i dont have milkshape, and the trial is very limited.
so i tried to export via Gmax tempest md3 and make my own .qc file and .skin file. I get the model to work in radiant but it can't find my texture. it says "no shader found" on the texture, i made correct mapping, and paths. could it be cause i have to use another program to bake the texture to the md3? or assign it somehow?

i tried to change formats and paths etc, but it can't find the texture.

--------------
For modelers

here is a link with Gmax, and Gmax registration workaround, its announced as if it was legal , but i dont know. + tutorial links and Tempest gamepack for .map and .md3

http://www.fsalpha.com/gmax_tips/

Last edited by Xhevat; 08-15-2008 at 01:48 PM.
Xhevat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-10-2008, 02:59 PM   #2
Xhevat
Lurker

i managed to solve this problem, i managed to get so that the textures existed but could not be rendered, cause when i started the game it was sv_prue 1 = only default shaders.. so i had to put it at 0 in the config.

i guess this was a simple mistake, but i bet it helps to point it out for others
Xhevat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JA Modeling > Gmax static model export/import md3