lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Jedi Outcast Holocrons vs. OJP Holocrons
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-15-2008, 06:38 AM   #1
Kahn D'halaine
Rookie

Jedi Outcast Holocrons vs. OJP Holocrons

In the week I converted the JK2 MP maps to JKA and tweaked around with different game types etc.
As most of the JK2 maps have holocrons by default I didn't make holocron positions in the waypoint editor, and they work fine.
Although I noticed two things:
  • When you pick up an entity holocron (in the map by default), an "Obtained Force Push" etc. message is shown in the middle of the screen. This does not show up when picking up placed holocrons (in the BaseJKA maps)
  • When picking up an entity holocron, the "sound/player/holocron.wav" sound is played. A placed holocron pickup is silent.
Now, this doesn't affect gameplay much, it's more like a design flaw. Could you please add in the message and sound for the holocrons in v.1.3?

Kahn D'halaine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-15-2008, 08:12 AM   #2
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

Thank you for the bug report, we will look into it.

Maxstate is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2008, 11:02 AM   #3
Kahn D'halaine
Rookie

Yet another difference between JO holocrons and OJP holocrons:
When you're picking up a Saber Offence Holocron in JO you get access to all three saber styles. In OJP you have to stick to Shii-Cho. How about giving the player some more saber styles (maybe not all, as staff and dual sabers can be pretty unbalanced against other players) when picking up that holocron? And maybe the same for the Jedi Master?

Kahn D'halaine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2008, 01:46 PM   #4
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

That's probably a bug. I think we had a problem where it was possible to cheat and keep one of the added styles after losing the holocron if you didn't switch away from the style.

---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
razorace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2008, 03:55 PM   #5
frostss
Rookie

Cool you made ojp_ultimateweapons v2!Cant wait to try it^^And it has backhand style
Your effects are good and they are eating my fps xD.Can you in next version(if you make it ofcourse) bring weapons angle to normal,i wants to see them(cg_gunx,y,z is disabled in ojp)
frostss is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 01:02 PM   #6
frostss
Rookie

I played v2.Why you made this ugly weapons,i was dissapionted.Only some effects are better(just a few) and stances are better,but backhand style sucks
frostss is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 02:48 PM   #7
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

hahahhhahahah

Maxstate is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Hosted Forums > Open Jedi Project (OJP) > Jedi Outcast Holocrons vs. OJP Holocrons