lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Question over staff kick replacement.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-26-2008, 03:52 PM   #1
katanamaru

Question over staff kick replacement.

I have been fiddling with dragon a bit and got to thinking if it would be possible to replace the staff's four directional kicks with an animation similar to the JK and MotS double swing. This way instead of doing a useless kick (IMO) the character could attack in four directions quickly.

I know I could make the animations and get them in game, but my question is how would the code view the animation? The feet would be planted so there would not be a kick, and the saber would swing but would the game recognize it as a swing?

It would be possible to change things around with coding in MP, but I want this to work for SP for myself mainly. You guys here at OJP have been messing under the hood of JA so long that I wanted to post the question to you.
katanamaru is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-26-2008, 03:57 PM   #2
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

We can code in what happens when what anim is played, at what location. All you have to do is make the anim.

Maxstate is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-26-2008, 03:59 PM   #3
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

Also, we have a perfectly good other forum you can visit and post this question on.

ojp.filepanther.com

Maxstate is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-26-2008, 04:01 PM   #4
katanamaru

Dang that was fast.

I won't be able to start the animtion until after this semester is over. Getting busy with projects and studying.

But this will be useable in SP? That is my main question.

edit I'll go check out the other forums now.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:46 AM   #5
UDM

Well OJP doesn't work with jasp.exe, but you still can simulate SP with co-op

Hope to see some good anims
UDM is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-01-2008, 03:10 PM   #6
katanamaru

If it is not possible to put the animations into SP then I will work on some other animations I want first. I really wanted to contribute something to the JK and/or MotS mods but didn't want to promise something that couldn't be done.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Hosted Forums > Open Jedi Project (OJP) > Question over staff kick replacement.