lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: I think I'd like to see more action elements if they do make a true sequel to KOTOR 2
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-16-2008, 12:42 AM   #1
Clone L68362
Forumite

I think I'd like to see more action elements if they do make a true sequel to KOTOR 2

Oh boy, all this talk has me in topic creating mood!

Anyway, if any of you have played Mass Effect, you might have an idea of what I'm thinking. Something I've thought about is how fun Force powers are. Isn't it great sending a stormtrooper flying into a TIE Fighter? Yeah, Force Unleashed did some things okay. I'd kinda like to keep doing it in a good Star Wars game, like KOTOR.

But when I say action and talk about Mass Effect, I of course don't mean a huge similarity. The main thing I'm thinking about is how, outside of combat, the only thing you can do is walk and talk to people/investigate objects. Oh, and twirl your sabers. It'd be nice if, after I'm finished with an enemy, I can toss his body around a little more. This would require a physics system, and Mass Effect would be a good way to go about it.

This topic is turning into "I wish KOTOR was Mass Effect" because I'm thinking of the dialogue in ME now. Bioware did a good job with the faces and animation and responses. I'm sure conversing will improve with the available improvements in technology since KOTOR 2.

Hmm...maybe the point of this topic is less "more action" and more...advanced? Can't really think of how to put it. I'd just like to see things like an actual physics system, being able to do more, stuff like that. Couldn't I whip out my sabers and swing them around somehow, just for fun? I guess that wouldn't work because we could just go around and kill everyone...but how about using our force powers in part of a puzzle, instead of making it like a conversation and giving me choices?

Anyone else see what I'm saying, or am I blathering?

My sig is stupid.
Clone L68362 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2008, 10:23 AM   #2
Christos K
Forumite

I agree I always thought it would be cool to open a door with the force or finish a puzzle by using the force to break the trinkets inside of it. And for physics I think things like throwing a grendade would be able to blast marks onto walls and blow up things for example if a power shot misses the target and it hits a containter the containter is damaged or something .

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Christos K is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2008, 04:32 PM   #3
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
I agree, as long as it doesn't diminish the character-driven stories and interactions, or the general RPG feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2008, 05:10 PM   #4
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
You mean the little things in life? A little action where the PC places a gun to ones forehead? A saber on ones throat?

I'm all up for that. Makes the dialogue more intense

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2008, 07:13 PM   #5
Clone L68362
Forumite

These posts are good examples of what I mean. Another example I thought of is incorporating damage from powers like Push and Wave from an enemy being slammed into walls and stuff.

My sig is stupid.
Clone L68362 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2008, 09:41 AM   #6
Christos K
Forumite

Yah that too would be cool and maybe if you a using force whirlpool and wave other items will fly back and it would be funny to see droids tip over but still move their legs like they are walking but the next time you go into the same level everything should be reset so you can do it again.

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Christos K is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-20-2008, 10:16 AM   #7
zemegauser
Rookie

This is what some people seem too not be able to understand for some reason.

KOTOR is an RPG.

RPG.

Role-Playing-Game with Turn-Based combat

Let's repeat for all of you who seem to have the intelligence of a fly:

Role-Playing-Game with Turn-Based combat

What the **** do you want to make this game, a ****ty ripoff of Jedi Knight and Force Unleashed?!

We do not need all that extra crap like physics engine and slamming enemies into walls, this is supposed to be a game where your characters' skills take into effect; not how good you are with the mouse.

If you want that, you have plenty of opportunities, such as Jedi Knight series, Force Unleashed etc..

I hope to dear god that future developers of KOTOR 3 won't be fools to listen to people such as you, changing this game into an action game will ruin it.
zemegauser is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > I think I'd like to see more action elements if they do make a true sequel to KOTOR 2