lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: KOTOR Movie?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-23-2008, 09:55 PM   #1
SD Nihil

Current Game: K1/2, EaW/FoC, & TFU
KOTOR Movie?

I hear someone made a KOTOR The Movie. Where can I get it? How can I put it onto a CD-RW disc and make it into a DVD to play as a DVD? If it has parts how do I get it in ordr and make tha DVD? This isn't quite a tech question. And its not a mod question. So I hope this is the appropriate place to ask this. Thanks.

SD Nihil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-23-2008, 10:04 PM   #2
Ascendant_Justice
Rookie

Current Game: Half Life 2 pending
Google must know!

Really though, I'm sure lots of people have made "KotOR the Movie"s. You can get a few different results just on Youtube. One in particular might be the one you're thinking of: KotOR the Movie by that kevinsocal guy. I watched a decent chunk of that.

If you're thinking of a live action, professional movie, I've never heard of it.

"Pick up that can."
Ascendant_Justice is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-23-2008, 10:11 PM   #3
SD Nihil

Well I know of it on youtube yes, but not anywhere that you can download and make into a dvd without having to have it in parts. Here's their site, but I can't find where the vids are or how to make it into a dvd to play in a dvd player: http://z11.invisionfree.com/KOTOR_Movies/

Old 12-23-2008, 10:19 PM   #4
Ascendant_Justice
Rookie

Wow lol I didn't know it was that popular to have its own forums. I thought it was strictly a Youtube thing that died after the first release of videos.

Looks like you can download the movie and a DVD image according to this thread:

http://z11.invisionfree.com/KOTOR_Mo...hp?showtopic=1

"Pick up that can."
Old 12-23-2008, 11:47 PM   #5
Darca Lar
Forumite

Current Game: Dragon Age Origins
Yeah, its a fan made movie he compiled with edited gameplay footage and some added special effects and soundtracks. It's actually very entertaining. You can torrent download from pirate bay or go to http://www.youtube.com/user/kevinsocal2k6 to stream it.

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow, a mystery. Today is a gift...that is why it is called the present.
Darca Lar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2008, 12:54 PM   #6
SD Nihil

So will this pirate aby(never heard of it), have a version you can put onto a disc to play on a dvd player so I can watch it on my tv? And how do you do that?

Old 12-25-2008, 10:40 AM   #7
Darca Lar
Forumite

Current Game: Dragon Age Origins
yeah, he put up a dvd version you can put on a dvd-r and watch on your tv.

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow, a mystery. Today is a gift...that is why it is called the present.
Darca Lar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-25-2008, 02:14 PM   #8
Fredi
El Guapo

Try youtube

"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."
Fredi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-26-2008, 08:48 AM   #9
SD Nihil

I thought you could only watch th videos on youtube, not download them. You can download them on youtube, how? So you guys are saying there is a dvd version on youtub, or on that site with the link I gave? If its on either one please give me a link to the dvd versions please.

Old 12-27-2008, 02:14 PM   #10
Ascendant_Justice
Rookie

:\ the thread in those forums has a link to a place where you can directly download it as well as a link to the pirate bay where you can torrent the whole thing and a DVD image, which should allow you to watch it as a DVD on your PC or burn it to an actual DVD.

"Pick up that can."
Old 12-27-2008, 10:24 PM   #11
SD Nihil

I've downloaded the torrent file. How do I extract it? I tried to use 7 Zip. Will this file also contain directions if in this file the thing comes in parts? Yes I downloaded the DVD Image torrent from the Pirate Bay.

Old 12-28-2008, 01:11 AM   #12
Revan 411
Forumite

You don't extract it. You need a torrent client program to begin downloading it. I'd suggest Utorrent.

Google it.

Revan 411 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-28-2008, 10:14 AM   #13
SD Nihil

I'm currently downloading it with utorrent. I see that there is a file extracted to my C:\My Shared Folder. So I guess this is one of those P2P programs. Anyway, the file for the KOTOR DVD is an ISO file. Do I need something to extract that? Or do I just copy and write this to a CD-RW disc?

Old 12-28-2008, 02:11 PM   #14
Revan 411
Forumite

No. You need a burning program like Nero or Power2go in order to put it on a blank disk.

Or you can mount the ISO image using Daemon Tools.

More information in this tutorial: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=zCIQkYNN2Qo

Revan 411 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-28-2008, 05:07 PM   #15
SD Nihil

Will Nero Express work?

Old 12-29-2008, 09:22 AM   #16
mattig89ch

I would go with maybe. Now I have to figure out how to use Bitorrent just for this.
mattig89ch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-29-2008, 04:01 PM   #17
SD Nihil

It sure takes a long time to download though. Right now since I started yesterday I'm up to 14 or so percent downloaded. I have a cable/wireless fiberoptic connection. I can download things through Firefox much quicker than this. Why is it so slow?

Old 12-30-2008, 12:18 PM   #18
Ascendant_Justice
Rookie

There probably aren't a lot of people seeding it. You're not really downloading it directly from the site. Torrents work through seeders (providers) and leechers (downloaders like you). The more people seeding the file, program, etc., the faster your download will be. If there's no one, at all, seeding a file, then your download will outright stop. Unfortunately, if your download is stopped or slow, there's not much you can do except hope people who have the file start seeding it.

"Pick up that can."
Old 12-30-2008, 05:21 PM   #19
Rachel_Ewok

Current Game: Bioshock! =3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Nihil View Post
I thought you could only watch th videos on youtube, not download them. You can download them on youtube, how? So you guys are saying there is a dvd version on youtub, or on that site with the link I gave? If its on either one please give me a link to the dvd versions please.

I've always been able to download off Youtube, my Realplayer lets me do it... You right click the vid and hit Realplayer download... If you have it that is. *shrugs*

This siggy is about truth, beauty, freedom, and above all things love.
Rachel_Ewok is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2008, 07:15 PM   #20
SD Nihil

If I have it? What browser you using? If its Firefox it sounds like to do that it must be an extension add on or something to do that.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:58 AM   #21
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
I heard of some youtube extractor website. Don't know what it is though. I hear it is free and it makes either mp3, mp4, or divx, or whatever out of the youtube clip.

I don't care enough to do that since most of what youtube has is crap. Plus, I'll bet it logs every time it is used, by who, and seeds the download with spyware. By now if not sooner.

It's out there. Use at your own risk.

I wouldn't.

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2009, 12:57 PM   #22
SD Nihil

Humm...I'll have to see if I can find this extractor. But I'd sure like to get this ISO to work. I mean it took forever to download, and to after I got the torrent downloaded, it took many days to download from the downloaded torrent through utorrent. So I'd like to get it on a disc. Its like 4.3GB. And yet I thought my Road Runner Cable Modem will download faster. Yes that is Time Warner's internet connection thingy.

I right clicked and looked into the disc where this ISO is. All the audio and video files are in there within two folders. And the sic starts up in Windows Media Player from the DVD drive. I just don't get why it won't work though.

The file is on my computer. Maybe I'm not sure how, but maybe I should erase this disc and start over. But I'm not sure if you can do that. It already has those rainbow lines on it letting you know there is info on it now. Besides I hate to have to get another disc and screw it up too. Eveen though I have a tube of these things. Real cheap got the tube for like 25 bucks if I remember correctly.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > KOTOR Movie?