lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Grim Fandango-Animated movie?!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-27-2008, 03:07 PM   #1
beyondlogic
Lurker

Cool Guy Grim Fandango-Animated movie!

A game with an amazing story line,mind-blowing characters and Beautifully structured Dialogues.And yeah,not to forget to mention the music too!

Okay,now coming to the point.We(me and my friends) as a set of Animators,have decided to make a NON-COMMERCIAL movie based on the Game series,GRIM FANDANGO.We have only DECIDED,not yet started.If at all we start on this project,This movie will obviously be an animated version,and we are on the look-out for efficient texturing/lighting/modeling artists.The movie making process might take months/years,depending on the available resources.Even though we could re-use resources like sound,dialogues,etc,we might need the help of people who can really sound or imitate the characters' voices.

and by NON-COMMERCIAL,we mean,we WILL NOT commercialize/make money using this movie.This is an independent project,undertaken by the fans of the age-old,yet inspiring game,GRIM FANDANGO.This is just a very rough idea,(we) are not sure about the extent of this implication.

The only thing that I would like to ask is,will it be of any legal/copyright infringement,even if the movie is Non-Commercial?
After all,Its entertainment just for our fans,right?

Last edited by beyondlogic; 11-29-2008 at 01:46 AM.
beyondlogic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-29-2008, 01:42 AM   #2
beyondlogic
Lurker

Never mind guys,I have got my question answered,here(in the main Lucas Arts Forum):

http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa?threadID=136303

Ok,so,Lets start on with the movie!

Now I want some volunteers to help us out,like if you're good at sketch or dubbing any characters' voices,I think you guys could give us a hand...Wish me good luck,guys..I'm starting off,now!
Old 12-01-2008, 02:20 PM   #3
JagJedi
Rookie

I'm not a artist by any means but do work in the DVD/Blu-ray industry. If you need any help once complete please let me know if I can be of assistance. I could help with compression and authoring.
JagJedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-01-2008, 02:42 PM   #4
beyondlogic
Lurker

Smile Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagJedi View Post
I'm not a artist by any means but do work in the DVD/Blu-ray industry. If you need any help once complete please let me know if I can be of assistance. I could help with compression and authoring.
Thanks jagjedi,I own a blu-ray laptop...So,definitely I think I'd be needing your hand[in the authoring process]..thanks..
Old 12-20-2008, 08:10 AM   #5
Caedeus Erkter
Rookie

Hi, good luck on your video i love grim fandango! I'll try record me imitatin the voices of manny domino or glottis.. It'd be good seeing a movie of GF after so long

Shadoy Alpha - Jedi Knight, Adventurer, and.... Rebel Scum!"
Caedeus Erkter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-25-2008, 04:31 PM   #6
the late D. Hurley
Rookie

I wish you the best of luck. Maybe you will make some money out of this, for sure if the other grim fandango fans come to know it (and the movie isn't as bad as hector's jokes).
Keep me up to date. I hope I will be one of the first to watch this.
the late D. Hurley is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2009, 08:24 AM   #7
beyondlogic
Lurker

Thank you for your Replies.The movie making is going good and I will very soon post a link to its blog where we can really stay in touch.

good day
Old 01-01-2009, 08:52 AM   #8
Thaatiba
Rookie

GRRREEAT!!!
Thaatiba is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2009, 07:48 PM   #9
Longcat

Hi. I had actually been thinking about a project like this myself for a looong time

Anyway, I have the tools set up to dump all the cutscenes directly to png and wavs, losslessly, if that might be of any assistance whatsoever

And I'm a sound engineer if that is needed.

Drop me a PM if this sounds interesting.

EDIT; AND I have very good knowledge of the game and it's inner workings, if that counts for anything.

Last edited by Longcat; 01-12-2009 at 07:14 PM.
Longcat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2009, 03:58 AM   #10
beyondlogic
Lurker

Thumbs up Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jona View Post
Hi. I had actually been thinking about a project like this myself for a looong time

Anyway, I have the tools set up to dump all the cutscenes directly to png and wavs, losslessly, if that might be of any assistance whatsoever

And I'm a sound engineer if that is needed.

Drop me a PM if this sounds interesting.

EDIT; AND I have very good knowledge of the game and it's inner workings, if that counts for anything.
Yeah,sure....My pleasure to have a techie like you...Actually speaking,the rendered output of the film will contain no audio data,it requires that we add audio seperately (after editing the video)...So all this means,I will need your help..and I think it would drastically reduce the time needed to make the movie...I will send you the cutscenes one by one as and when they are rendered and you could perhaps add some audio to it....We will work on this together,very soon,perhaps after my Grim Fandango Blog is done.

And..

I would like to thank Each and Every member who posted here personally...that includes JagJedi, Caedeus Erkter, the late D. Hurley, Thaatiba and Jona.

A big Thank you goes out to ALL my well-wishers.

Good Day.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:32 AM   #11
Longcat

How long does it take to put up a blog?
Longcat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-27-2010, 04:23 AM   #12
Grais
Lurker

hey! when the film will be released?

Last edited by Grais; 02-27-2010 at 04:35 AM.
Grais is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-22-2012, 05:22 PM   #13
ilidrake
Lurker

I see this post is from 2008. I suppose this project has went by the wayside. Not suprising, most indie films are never completed. I'm posting here because I actually do have a indie Grim Fandango film started. But one man cannot do it alone. I require help.

The software I will be using is Animation Master, Photoshop, and After Effects. I need prop modelers. Set modelers. Texture artists. Riggers. Lighters. Choreographers. Sound Editors. I do a little of each but primarily animate and model.
I could also use a person to convert the story into a working script. Any takers just hit me up here on the boards.
ilidrake is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2012, 05:10 PM   #14
ilidrake
Lurker

Okay here's the main model completed and ready to animate. Time to start working on props.

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php...1&#entry377641
Old 10-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #15
Sallim
Forumite

I am looking foward for more. Very nice so far!

- supreme pleasure -
Sallim is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2012, 11:13 PM   #16
ilidrake
Lurker

Thank you Sallim. I have the main office completed. The computer, the chairs, and a few various pieces ready to use. I just extracted the audio for the opening piece as well. Shouldn't be long and I will start blocking out the scenes.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:46 PM   #17
ilidrake
Lurker

So is there anyone wanting and willing to help out on this project?
Old 01-03-2013, 05:01 PM   #18
lookoutbelow
Lurker

I believe Pixar overheard your question.

http://pixar.wikia.com/Untitled_D%C3...s_Muertos_film
lookoutbelow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2013, 11:43 AM   #19
Davidfall3
Lurker

Really hoping to see a complete movie one day. The plot of the game is just excellent for a movie!
Davidfall3 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > General Forums > Land of the Dead > Grim Fandango-Animated movie?!

Tags
3d movie, animated movie, grim fandango