lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Kill on hit items
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-30-2009, 12:44 PM   #1
neomade
Rookie

Kill on hit items

Does anybody knows how to edit an item and add the "kill on hit" option?
Or at least where you can alter the damage made by a weapon or a force power?
Thanks
neomade is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2009, 12:52 PM   #2
Star Admiral
N7 Commando

Current Game: Mass Effect 2
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! 
Several ways. To make the instant death feature for an item, assuming you're using KT, you'll select On Hit for the Properties and then select a DC of 100 for the save if you want to make it a guaranteed kill.

To change the amount of damage dealt by the weapon, you would select Damage Bonus or Damage Penalty for the Properties and then select the amount to modify by. I wish I had KT with me now, I'm going from memory now.

As for modifying a Force Power from an item, not really doable. The amount of damage dealt by a Force power is governed by a script, not something an item can change. You could always change the Damage Resistance or Damage Immunity of an item, but you can't directly change the damage of the power unless you change the script.

- Star Admiral
Star Admiral is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2009, 01:50 PM   #3
neomade
Rookie

Sorry but i'm not really an expert, but how exactly do i do that?
More precisely, with what feature of KT do i edit that, and for which filetype should i be looking for?
Thanks again for your help
Old 01-30-2009, 02:33 PM   #4
Stream
Damn...

Current Game: Fable 3
Helpful! LFN Staff Member 
In KoTOR Tool, either go to Blueprint Items and double click on the item you want to edit or press Ctrl+O to open a file from your override folder.

Either way the Item Editor will open, click on the Properties tab and there you can either edit existing properties or add new ones. To make the weapon instant kill, set the Property Name to On Hit, the Subtype to Instant Death and Value to DC100.

As SA said the only way to edit the damage that Force Powers inflict is through scripting, you're best to try simple scripts before attempting Force Powers, take a look through the scripting tutorials forum for good advice.

--Stream

Last edited by Stream; 01-30-2009 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Typo by the Keyboard Gremlin
Stream is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2009, 02:58 PM   #5
neomade
Rookie

Thanks !
That really helped!
I even managed to change properties to more other items.
Thanks again, i owe you one
Old 01-31-2009, 03:20 AM   #6
neomade
Rookie

just finished a mod thanks to your help. Based on Inyri's Socom, i made it look more reallistic, by adding real sounds and changing the pattern from blaster to disrupter pistol, so now the projectile is white intead of red.
So not only it looks like a real one, it sure sounds real.
I'll post it up when i'm finished with all details.
Thanks again guys.
AC

-course you may already figured i could stand without putting instant death on it-
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Kill on hit items