Thread: TOR wish-list
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-30-2009, 10:01 PM   #41
jinger
Rookie

1. A game that doesn't feel like WoW.
2. An old Republic that doesn't look like the new one.
3. A Korriban that doesn't look like ancient Egypt.
4. Jedi Robes. I hate armors on a Jedi.
5. No ****ing clone troopers. I'm sick of them.
6. Good voice acting. It's essential if I am to care for a character.
7. Atmosphere. The kind that the KotOR games delivered.
8. The ability to play through the whole game without having to deal with online kids jerking around and spoiling the game's atmosphere.
9. Indeed it would be best if the MMO part could be limited to battles and no one could speak during it.

jinger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-31-2009, 09:29 AM   #42
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Current Game: Star Wars The Old Republic
Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinger View Post
1. A game that doesn't feel like WoW.
Depending on what you feel not feeling like WOW is. The plan is to have a 4th pillar of story to the game. But most likely if you have as rigid a desire of some of your below wishes then you will likely be dissapointed.

Quote:
2. An old Republic that doesn't look like the new one.
Well that might be hard because again this is your perception. In a lot of ways Kotor felt like the episode 1 republic. Why because as part of SW Lore the republic had stagnated for thousands of years.

Quote:
3. A Korriban that doesn't look like ancient Egypt.
Not going to happen. It has pretty well been established in a variety of SW games and resources that Korriban is a barren desert planet with a variety of sith tombs that all have a pyramid shape. I would be greatly disapointed if they decided to complete re-write these pre-defined images.

Quote:
4. Jedi Robes. I hate armors on a Jedi.
Then don't wear armor as once again it won't happen. Not to mention my Jedi will be wearing armor nuch like is seen in the artwork for the game.

Quote:
5. No ****ing clone troopers. I'm sick of them.
There aren't any I know of but you will likely see sith soldiers like we did in K1 & K2.

Quote:
6. Good voice acting. It's essential if I am to care for a character.
This has not been a strong suit for MMO's so depends on there plans relating to there 4th pillar philosophy. However I wouldn't put much hope into it.

Quote:
7. Atmosphere. The kind that the KotOR games delivered.
The screenshots alone have alreaady provided this for us so win 1.

Quote:
8. The ability to play through the whole game without having to deal with online.
LOL, It is sad to say but since it is an MMO you won't ever see this. Not as mainstream as this will be.

Quote:
9. Indeed it would be best if the MMO part could be limited to battles and no one could speak during it.
Also won't happen. There is too much complexity to try to work out these type's of mechanics and no real game. It would actually break the basic structure of an MMO.

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Darkkender is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-31-2009, 10:13 AM   #43
jinger
Rookie

I already know. I was just venting my frustration. Sorry. Those were my hopes for the game though, even before I saw the screencaps.
1. Those high ceilings and the overall appearance of those locations, and the models'animation feel just like WoW.
2. Sith Empire warships and overall design… it's like watching the Clone Wars.
3. Those pyramids on Korriban. Why don't they just start calling the Dark Lords pharaohs? Maybe I'm being too hard on them but it just seems so lame.
4. TSL robes were awesome, they looked more like those from the movies, so why change that.
5. Those Sith soldiers look exactly like the clone troopers.
6. I have a feeling that at least with this point they will come through. They said they wanted to make the best story-driven games ever.
7. I loathe that glossy graphics, but maybe it won't ruin the atmosphere.
8. I know it's impossible. I can hear them jerking around shouting "you lamer… you f**… those ninja bla bla bla (=pound me with Force Lightning)"
9. That would be awesome. Maybe there's hope for that.

jinger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-03-2009, 03:51 PM   #44
Volar the Healer
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR & Rebellion
I would add:

1) a skill tree that is so large it is not possible to complete it, where a character can improve a skill OR gain a new one, but there is no way to get them all. I prefer 'Diablo''s skill trees to Wow's. The purpose is to ensure no two characters are the same. These differences would include craft skills, weapon skills and force skills; in short all skills.

2) a variable height chosen randomly by race, and a muscle/build chosen by strength - so every character's body will not look EXACTLY the same (with a different head). Not everyone wants to play sterotypical musclebound or (shall we say) "over-endowed" characters. Some of us would like to replicate the movie...or at least be half way realistic. The developers could draw on 'Age of Conan's character generator if they need an example. Though KotOR's could be much simpler.

Know Jesus Know Peace
No Jesus No Peace
Volar the Healer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-13-2009, 10:01 AM   #45
Ibelin
Rookie

The only thing is:+reveal what happened to Revan(depend on dark-sided or light-sided,male or female) and Bastila,and the Exile.
Ibelin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-13-2009, 05:15 PM   #46
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
One thing that I've been fearing ever since the world of Tython was revealed to be featured in the game: I hope that what the game reveals about the origins of the Jedi Order remain relatively vague and not too defined. The reason for this is that I am currently working on a story about this very event which I hope to present to Lucas Publishing once I've made a name for myself as a fantasy and science fiction writer and make it known that I am an avid Star Wars follower and have always wished to write for the franchise. (This is the best way to go about it since they have a strict invite-only policy. Another strategy would be to possibly get noticed through Dark Horse Comics.)

"The Making of Tython" documentary has made me even more paranoid because the designer said that the player could uncover information about the infant Jedi Order, which I pray to God does not conflict with, or completely rip to pieces, what I am currently writing.

The way they're designing Tython has already caused a huge continuity error in my story, which I will later have to go back and fix or work around: in Darth Bane: Rule of Two, the planet is completely enveloped in thick fog.

So yes, that is my one wish regarding this game: not too much info on the first Jedi. There will probably be more later, but that is all I can think of at the moment.

I also wholeheartedly agree with these ideas:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinger View Post
8. The ability to play through the whole game without having to deal with online kids jerking around and spoiling the game's atmosphere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-14-2009, 07:21 AM   #47
jedi_christian
Rookie

I hope there won't run a million Jedi/Sith out there.....
jedi_christian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-14-2009, 10:25 PM   #48
shukkoku
Rookie

Current Game: Uncharted 2
what I really want is customizable colors or designs on armor so that everyone looks slightly different, apposed to in most MMOs where after the first few levels every looks the same.
shukkoku is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > Game Discussion > Tython Temple > TOR wish-list