lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Install Error
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-12-2003, 10:59 PM   #1
Hexium

Install Error

Ok I Install The Game and Get To 93% and it sais AssetsPack Error! what do I Do ?
Hexium is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2003, 03:13 AM   #2
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

Normaly, when you see this kind of message, its bad news Very serious. Something wrong with your disk. Must go buy new one or if still have recipt, go and exchange it for another one.......

I think.

Last edited by |GG|Crow_Nest; 06-13-2003 at 10:14 AM.
Crow_Nest is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2003, 04:52 AM   #3
Andy867
McCan Caoma

actually, it could be just a simple fix like making sure the disc doesn't have a fingerprint or dust/hair/scratch on it. If so, clean it off, and then uninstlal and re-install the game and see if that does the trick (had that happen on my SOF2 game)

my guess is was the assets0 or assets3.pk3 file, since those are the larger ones.

Shut yo face before I punch you in the mouth, break your teeth and call you Snaggle-tooth.
Andy867 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2003, 04:52 AM   #4
Hexium

I HOPE ITS JUST FINGER PRINT I HOPE ITS JUST FINGER PRINT I HOPE ITS JUST FINGER PRINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hexium is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2003, 04:51 AM   #5
Joetheeskimo
Statusless

Current Game: KotOR
Hmmm andy you seem to know a lot about tech stuff...could you help out a poor soul here? Thnx

Joetheeskimo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-27-2009, 11:59 AM   #6
Parfocal
Lurker

Unhappy

I got this problem recently when I lost CD 2 of a "post-patch" version of the game. Both versions of this game comes on 2 CDs, but one has been patched.

The item # or version # is printed on the right-hand center of the discs and the "patched" versions have "R01" added onto the end of the number.

I tried to install the game using CD 1 (post-patch) and then stuck in CD 2 (pre-patch) and the installer kicked it out and started asking for the assets3.pk3 file that is not on the pre-patched version. I had to go digging around until I found both CDs of the pre-patched version and install it. Nothing I tried to workaround it was successful.

While I agree that some people might be running into this problem because of a piracy thing, I came looking for a solution to this problem with legitimate copies and couldn't find anything helpful.

This thread was the first one I found mention of it in:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=147905
Parfocal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Help Center > Technical Help > Install Error