lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: What good reason is there to believe the Christian God exists? [The Debate Thread]
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2009, 11:01 PM   #1
SkinWalker
Anthropologist

LFN Staff Member 
What good reason is there to believe the Christian God exists? [The Debate Thread]

There are two threads in the Senate that contain fallacious material regarding the belief in the supernatural. The OP has objected to these fallacies being pointed out in the threads he created, so I've created this one.

This thread will be the place to debate the existence of the Christian god (lowercase 'g' intentional since I'm referring to the title not the name).

If you have a good reason to believe in such a god, please post it here. I will provide the rational response to the supernatural.

Should a good reason be shown, I will acknowledge it. Should the reason(s) alleged to be good end up being fallacious instead, I will speak to it. I have no claim to make -I'm not claiming that the Christian god is non-existent, rather, I'm saying there's no good reason that I've seen yet to believe this god (a.k.a. Yahweh, El, Elohim, Jehovah) is anything more than myth and fantasy.

If the term "ignorant" is used, it refers most likely to the argument from ignorance, which basically states a speculative claim must be true since actual causality cannot be established.

If the term "cult" is used, it refers to the anthropological definition, which generally refers to the followers of an exclusive system of religious beliefs and practices.

If the term "fallacious" is used, it refers to the incorrect application of logic and reasoning.

If the term "superstition" is used, it refers to the belief in the supernatural.

Terms like "moron," "idiot," "retard," etc. will not be used and posts that contain these will be deleted.

So... what is the first "good reason" to believe in the Christian god.

A Hot Cup of Joe - My Blog

Not finding an intellectual challenge in the Swamp? Try the Senate Chambers!

Evolution and How We Know It's Right - Post your thoughts!
Debate Strategies & Tactics - Polish your online debate skills and offer your own advice
SkinWalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Senate Chambers > What good reason is there to believe the Christian God exists? [The Debate Thread]

Tags
debate, god, religion, superstition